Author Topic: Liability insurance  (Read 2799 times)

Offline mords

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Liability insurance
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
I am going to israel and i will be renting a car there. I have a suspicion that liability insurance is included in the base rate of the car because liability is not an extra but rather is required all over the world and u aren't given a choice. Where as collision and theft are extras. Although i heard from people quite the contrary that they had to buy liability insurance. So i called budget and i got a different answer from every agent i spoke with. Some agreed with me others seemed ignorant in general about this. And some disagreed. It is clear however that their are 3 insurances which u can pay for  or decline. Collision, theft protection and supplemental liability insurance for $10 a day. Which leads me to believe that for extra liability coverage u can pay $10 a day otherwise u have liability coverage anyway just not as extensive. Does anyone know a little about this? 

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Liability insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:57:31 PM »
Liability will be reuired of you when you rent in Israel basic collision is included and could be refused if you have WMC. Then there is, additional collision which is not included in the quote and is obviously optional.

Offline Shimon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »
dollar.com is most useless site.

I am thinking of renting a car from dollar.com. Do I need to purchase Theft insurance, and Loss Damage Waiver AND Super Damage Waiver (for a total of $32/day) to get it fully insured? Or is getting Super Damage Waiver enough?
Super Damage Waiver

Waives your financial responsibility in case of loss or damage to the vehicle to a reduced excess amount or in some cases to zero. Availability of Super Damage Waiver option and amount of excess reduction varies by location.

I will be paying with a HSBC premier mastercard which I believe is a world mastercard but I have not looked into it.

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
dollar.com is most useless site.

I am thinking of renting a car from dollar.com. Do I need to purchase Theft insurance, and Loss Damage Waiver AND Super Damage Waiver (for a total of $32/day) to get it fully insured? Or is getting Super Damage Waiver enough?
I will be paying with a HSBC premier mastercard which I believe is a world mastercard but I have not looked into it.
if ur renting whithin the usa then ur credit card covers the cdw although most dont cover as a primary insurance. ali if u dont have u should pay for aprox $12 per day....thats all u should pay

Offline Bh101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
I am going to israel and i will be renting a car there. I have a suspicion that liability insurance is included in the base rate of the car because liability is not an extra but rather is required all over the world and u aren't given a choice. Where as collision and theft are extras. Although i heard from people quite the contrary that they had to buy liability insurance. So i called budget and i got a different answer from every agent i spoke with. Some agreed with me others seemed ignorant in general about this. And some disagreed. It is clear however that their are 3 insurances which u can pay for  or decline. Collision, theft protection and supplemental liability insurance for $10 a day. Which leads me to believe that for extra liability coverage u can pay $10 a day otherwise u have liability coverage anyway just not as extensive. Does anyone know a little about this?
every car that drives on the road has to be insured, although the company only insures the bare minimum .....when u pay for liability that covers about $1,000,000 as apposed to aprox $10,000 which is nothing if u have an accident......this is in the states. for Israel its probably similar but u should check it out....for the extra few dollars its worth paying for the extra insurance ESPECIALLY in Israel where the drivers are crazy!

Offline Shimon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »
if ur renting whithin the usa then ur credit card covers the cdw although most dont cover as a primary insurance. ali if u dont have u should pay for aprox $12 per day....thats all u should pay

Sorry this is within Israel.

Offline Bh101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
Sorry this is within Israel.
that doesnt change much . Dan can tell u which credit cards cover cdw in Israel and the rest is pretty much the same,

Offline shach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:11:32 PM »
that doesnt change much . Dan can tell u which credit cards cover cdw in Israel and the rest is pretty much the same,
Liability will be reuired of you when you rent in Israel basic collision is included and could be refused if you have WMC. Then there is, additional collision which is not included in the quote and is obviously optional.
there you go. aa has one that is free

Offline Shimon

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »
Okay... but to be totally covered do I need to pay $32/day or does Super Damage Waiver for cover anything and everything that could happen (e.g. theft).

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
there you go. aa has one that is free
there is a separate thread about this I will post it shortly

Offline elikay

• View Profile