Author Topic: Need someone to fight a NJ speeding ticket  (Read 20198 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Ticket in NJ with NY license
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »
Moving on, you may want to contact your specific insurance agent to inquire as to the policies of your particular insurance company.

From a bit of reading, it seems like there are different policies per carrier and per state.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »
i once got a u-turn ticket in jersey and the points did not transfer to ny

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »
Moving on, you may want to contact your specific insurance agent to inquire as to the policies of your particular insurance company.

From a bit of reading, it seems like there are different policies per carrier and per state.

I couldn't get an official answer from them either (which also make sense, they dont want people thinking " I can do what I what since Im outta state")

It does look like my carrier only does a multistate record pull when you start plan but only home state when you renew. this only helps however if they dont transfer record.

Just to clarify points are different then your record. Every state has different systems and reciprocity agreements. NYSDMV website states specifically that it doesn't transfer "points" from out of state besides Quebec and Ontario. The only uniform systems are the NDR and DLC which so far only are used DL suspension/revocation and "serious violations" (DUI/Manslaughter)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:03:29 PM by ceejay »

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
Perhaps an insurance broker can tell you. We have (at least) one here on DDF.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
On the NYS DMV site it says points don't transfer. I don't think there is any other indication for your insurance
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline plane.love

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2011, 05:09:25 PM »
Its been said before the points may not transfer, what that means is the following.

1. you will have no points on your NY record
              a. You will not have to pay a yearly assessment fee
              b. THere are no points towards the suspension count in NY (repetitive)
2. NJ might or might not create a dummy license for you
              a. if a NJ cop pulls you over he can see this ticket
              b. if this violation is big enough or coupled with another your driving privileges in NJ can be suspended.
3. With the above stated if you do get convicted it will go on your record and insurance companies generally have access to this information.

If you are going the plea route you want it reduced to a non-moving violation

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:23:00 PM by plane.love »

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2011, 05:11:11 PM »
On the NYS DMV site it says points don't transfer. I don't think there is any other indication for your insurance

Well the insurance  company definitely pulls your driving abstract which contains even violations for which points weren't issued.

Offline plainbachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
NJ ticket with NY license
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
I got pulled over for doing 81mph in a 50mph zone in howell NJ i didnt have my license on me i got one ticket for speeding one for reckless driving and one for no license
my question is the ,NY dmv system was down so since i didnt have my license he could not pull up my license number so he just wrote all the tickets with my name address and date of birth
why cant i deny the whole thing???
he never saw id

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: NJ ticket with NY license
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
I got pulled over for doing 81mph in a 50mph zone in howell NJ i didnt have my license on me i got one ticket for speeding one for reckless driving and one for no license
my question is the ,NY dmv system was down so since i didnt have my license he could not pull up my license number so he just wrote all the tickets with my name address and date of birth
why cant i deny the whole thing???
he never saw id

Your word against his word = you lose.

(Unless of course you told him your name was Chaim Hanky Panky who lives at 911 Mamzer Lane AND the car's registration, tags, and insurance matched those creds.)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
Your word against his word = you lose.

(Unless of course you told him your name was Chaim Hanky Panky who lives at 911 Mamzer Lane AND the car's registration, tags, and insurance matched those creds.)
There is a long running chabad joke that Shmuel Munkas at 770 eastern parkway brooklyn new york 11213 is one of the most wanted men in america. I know a bunch of guys who have given cops that name in multiple states.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »
I got a N.J. Ticket with an N.J. License. Thing is the cop didn't realize my updated address sticker on the back of my dl. I can't imagine it being of ANy help since he does have the right dl number. Correct ?

Offline U-no-me!

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
I got a N.J. Ticket with an N.J. License. Thing is the cop didn't realize my updated address sticker on the back of my dl. I can't imagine it being of ANy help since he does have the right dl number. Correct ?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:20:56 PM by U-no-me- »
Vote U-no-me '14!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
6:25 into the video...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »
they dont always do that. i know someone that got a parking ticket last week, and instead of writing his was a 2012, they wrote 2002, license plate and everything else matched, and they let him off
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »

That prosecutor is full of BS, he's talking from his perspective, or how he'd like things to be. Lots of it is total BS.

Traffic court is BS, tickets should stop bringing revenue to city/county governments, as it causes a big conflict of interests. They should find something else to do with the money, like divvying it up and giving it back to people with a no tickets in the form of a tax credit or something. By mitigating this conflict of interest, less resources will be wasted on giving/processing/enforcing/litigating tickets, and the percentage of unwarranted/frivolous tickets will decrease drastically.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:54:14 PM by AsherO »
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
I know someone who spent a night at the police station and had to go to the bathroom in front of 15 guys because the cops pulled up a ticket which they THOUGHT wasn't paid (although the ticket was taken care of).

My point is, unless you are 1000% sure that this can absolutely not be traced back to you DO NOT neglect it! Follow up till the end and make sure its put to rest.
Not worth having it come back and bite you CH"V.

In general the answer to OP's question is major YMMV.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
That prosecutor is full of BS, he's talking from his perspective, or how he'd like things to be. Lots of it is total BS.

Absolutely not. You'll almost always get off for mistakes on a parking ticket, but most mistakes on a traffic ticket they'll just amend in traffic court. http://www.nytickethelp.com/2010/12/07/mistakes-on-your-ny-traffic-ticket/ That was just what I found by searching, but I've asked traffic lawyers handling tickets for me about these kinds of things and they basicalll always say it won't help.

The rest of your comment is on the money. It's unbelievable that this system exists the way it does. Even if it's not illegal, you'd think someone somewhere at some level of government would be able to make a push for reforming the traffic and parking ticket system.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
The rest of your comment is on the money. It's unbelievable that this system exists the way it does. Even if it's not illegal, you'd think someone somewhere at some level of government would be able to make a push for reforming the traffic and parking ticket system.

???

You're suggesting the government itself will voluntarily and on its own accord take money from their own coffers?

Ha.

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
Any insurance guys here can confirm that the points from a moving violation in a different state does or does not make a difference to your rates?

( from what I read earlier here is that points don't transfer the question is if insurance can still see it?)

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »
Any insurance guys here can confirm that the points from a moving violation in a different state does or does not make a difference to your rates?

( from what I read earlier here is that points don't transfer the question is if insurance can still see it?)
I didn't get any points for speeding on my own state turnpike. I'd imagine you do get points