Poll

How many cards did you register for Small Business Saturday?

1-5
5-15
15-30
30-60
60-100
100-150
150-200
200-350
350+

Author Topic: SBS - How many cards did you register?  (Read 76600 times)

Offline talmid chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: SBS - How many cards did you register?
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »
I'm having trouble registering serve cards, called in to serve customer service they don't know what SBD is, & they said my cats are activated.
Does anyone have a number for SBS where i can speak to a live rep?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »
can i change my vote?  8)
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Adam101

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
Following

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
Following
huh? This isn't a facebook group. Just click "notify" button if you want to see replies.
Unless you meant something else?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Driving a Lexus, wearing diamonds, dressed in chanel, paying with food stamps = not chillul hashem?!

Never saw that and im not on food stamps thank god. I drive a honda, work for a living, i do confess that I own a bottle of chanel cologne - think it was a gift from someone. Jealous? Of what? I have an 2 AMEX for myself and 1 for my business and my wife has two. I can add 99 AUs like everyone else but I dont think its the right thing to do. AMEX did not have in mind to give anybody 9,000 worth of free spending. To argue that they did is foolishness. So your taking advantage of a system and as a frum jew thats a chillul hashem.

Now is it illegal? I don't know - it may be or it maybe not. I don't know if you can get arrested for it, but I imagine if AMEX decides to take back your credit there is nothing you can do about it. However the fact whether it is illegal or not doe sit play into my argument. I'm saying walking in with 100's of cards is not what this was intended for, you found a loophole and are exploiting it and someone elses expense. Now you might say AMEX is not a person but a goyishe corporation and I am a frum jew and will give maiser on it. Thats your cheshben, and prob similar to the satmar chassidim cheshben who were arrested last week.

In addition, I don't know how you can argue on what is a chillul hashem or not. Chillul hashem is a subjective thing, there is no black line standard for it. If i see a frum yid swiping 100s of amex cards that will in my eyes and im sure plenty like me be a chillul hashem. On that same point if a low level exec at AMEX gets a whif of whats going on in the frum community that will also be a chillul hashem.

Lastly, there are arguments out there that this is not a frum thing - that people throughout the blogosphere are taking advantage of this. To that I answer on two points. First with the classic bec everyone is doing it does that make it right? But I think your point there was not that its right but rather even though its wrong and can cause a chillul hashem everyone is doing so they wont trace it back to the frum world and therefore it wont be a chillul hashem. This brings me to my second point, while its true this will be taken advantage of by a large group of people, I am confident in saying that the largest contingency of people taking advantage in close proximity will be in the frum communities. I'm talking about flatbush, monsey, lakewood. queens ect. And more then that, how many people on FT so you think frequent the same store prob 0 maybe two. Now imagine a place like Tuvias or a grocery in lakewood the amount of credits will be staggering. To think for one second that they will not take a second look and see what "Tuvias Judicia" or "Lakewood glatt kosher" does and who it caters too is foolish.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
huh? This isn't a facebook group. Just click "notify" button if you want to see replies.
Maybe he wants to see it in the "New Replies to your Posts", not get an email every time there's an update.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
On that same point if a low level exec at AMEX gets a whif of whats going on in the frum community that will also be a chillul hashem.

If you think Amex is not aware that a tiny percentage do this with hundreds of cards your ignorant. IGNORANT I SAY.
After all, they did change personal cards to once in a lifetime.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Never saw that and im not on food stamps thank god. I drive a honda, work for a living, i do confess that I own a bottle of chanel cologne - think it was a gift from someone. Jealous? Of what? I have an 2 AMEX for myself and 1 for my business and my wife has two. I can add 99 AUs like everyone else but I dont think its the right thing to do. AMEX did not have in mind to give anybody 9,000 worth of free spending. To argue that they did is foolishness. So your taking advantage of a system and as a frum jew thats a chillul hashem.

Now is it illegal? I don't know - it may be or it maybe not. I don't know if you can get arrested for it, but I imagine if AMEX decides to take back your credit there is nothing you can do about it. However the fact whether it is illegal or not doe sit play into my argument. I'm saying walking in with 100's of cards is not what this was intended for, you found a loophole and are exploiting it and someone elses expense. Now you might say AMEX is not a person but a goyishe corporation and I am a frum jew and will give maiser on it. Thats your cheshben, and prob similar to the satmar chassidim cheshben who were arrested last week.

In addition, I don't know how you can argue on what is a chillul hashem or not. Chillul hashem is a subjective thing, there is no black line standard for it. If i see a frum yid swiping 100s of amex cards that will in my eyes and im sure plenty like me be a chillul hashem. On that same point if a low level exec at AMEX gets a whif of whats going on in the frum community that will also be a chillul hashem.

Lastly, there are arguments out there that this is not a frum thing - that people throughout the blogosphere are taking advantage of this. To that I answer on two points. First with the classic bec everyone is doing it does that make it right? But I think your point there was not that its right but rather even though its wrong and can cause a chillul hashem everyone is doing so they wont trace it back to the frum world and therefore it wont be a chillul hashem. This brings me to my second point, while its true this will be taken advantage of by a large group of people, I am confident in saying that the largest contingency of people taking advantage in close proximity will be in the frum communities. I'm talking about flatbush, monsey, lakewood. queens ect. And more then that, how many people on FT so you think frequent the same store prob 0 maybe two. Now imagine a place like Tuvias or a grocery in lakewood the amount of credits will be staggering. To think for one second that they will not take a second look and see what "Tuvias Judicia" or "Lakewood glatt kosher" does and who it caters too is foolish.

Wrong thread bro

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
If you think Amex is not aware that a tiny percentage do this with hundreds of cards your ignorant. IGNORANT I SAY.
After all, they did change personal cards to once in a lifetime.

I have to confess I have no idea what that has to do with what I am saying. Although writing ignorant in CAPS was very effective

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
Wrong thread bro

Oh? Read upstream seems to be an ongoing conversation here

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
Oh? Read upstream seems to be an ongoing conversation here

Your right  it has been ongoing - didn't really mean to target you but it was getting out of hand and your post was extra passionate.

But please be aware as soon as anything close to ethics or halacha starts to break out it should go to the designated thread. Otherwise it tends to derail for pages and pages.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12784.0

Post any ethical discussion you may have in this thread.
Any ethics discussions made in other threads from now on will be deleted.

Offline Adam101

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
I actually want to follow ur rampage on other ppls replies
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:57:08 PM by Adam101 »

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
I have to confess I have no idea what that has to do with what I am saying. Although writing ignorant in CAPS was very effective
the caps was not meant to be in jest to a degree. I  quoted the part I was referring to. Amex is completely aware some people do this.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
I actually want to follow ur rampage on other ppls replies
My reply to you came off harsh. Just was pointing it out to you. Unless you meant something totally different.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »
the caps was not meant to be in jest to a degree. I  quoted the part I was referring to. Amex is completely aware some people do this.

Jest to a degree, so just half in jest and half not? Ok that just proves my point, they know this is going on, they will look to see who is doing this and BAM.

Now if your trying to argue that bec they know whats going on that means they intend for this to happen, im afraid that argument falls flat on its face

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
Jest to a degree, so just half in jest and half not? Ok that just proves my point, they know this is going on, they will look to see who is doing this and BAM.

Now if your trying to argue that bec they know whats going on that means they intend for this to happen, im afraid that argument falls flat on its face

All of this and more had been discussed in the ethical thread but if I can't beat em I'll join em.

You seem really machmir because you seem to be against doing something allowed but not desired by the company being taken advantage of, even if the entire campaign is profitable from the activities of others. Are you against opening credit cards for a bonus and then closing? Are you against buying a loss leader item on sale without buying other items from the store that they have been attracting you in to consider? Name a million other deals they are all along the same lines. Would you not take a road test for 7.5k AA miles unless you intend to buy the car because, hey, they wasted time and resources on you and paid AA for the value of the miles? Even though their goal isn't to sell you the car but rather to run a profitable campaign. Same thing here.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
All of this and more had been discussed in the ethical thread but if I can't beat em I'll join em.

You seem really machmir because you seem to be against doing something allowed but not desired by the company being taken advantage of, even if the entire campaign is profitable from the activities of others. Are you against opening credit cards for a bonus and then closing? Are you against buying a loss leader item on sale without buying other items from the store that they have been attracting you in to consider? Name a million other deals they are all along the same lines. Would you not take a road test for 7.5k AA miles unless you intend to buy the car because, hey, they wasted time and resources on you and paid AA for the value of the miles? Even though their goal isn't to sell you the car but rather to run a profitable campaign. Same thing here.

Big difference in getting free 7.5k miles and getting statement credit of thousands of dollars. Also my second prong was how easily this can get tied to our community.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
Big difference in getting free 7.5k miles and getting statement credit of thousands of dollars. Also my second prong was how easily this can get tied to our community.

The only difference is the scale though, right? Now where do you draw the line, somewhere above 7.5k AA but below thousands of dollars? The 2nd prong is a non-issue if there's nothing unethical going on.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »
"Just" realized about adding BB AU cards. Not as annoying to setup as initially thought. Hopefully they come in time.
Quaerite et Invenietis.