Author Topic: LON-NYC with Avios  (Read 1131 times)

Offline eli.f

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
LON-NYC with Avios
« on: November 16, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
I was thinking of going through Dublin (not sure how I'm getting there yet), using Avios for Aer Lingus to BOS and US/AA to NYC.

I would like to book the DUB-BOS-NYC as one itinerary, so I could get the free luggage on the BOS-NYC leg and so I'm covered if I miss my connection, but then, I'll be hit by higher award pricing. (source: update here)

Any ideas?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: LON-NYC with Avios
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »
Not sure if it's a One World policy, but AA definitely publishes that one would be protected in certain scenarios of misconnects:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Booking_Ticketing/Reaccom/oneworld_tkt_policy.jsp

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »
Not sure if it's a One World policy, but AA definitely publishes that one would be protected in certain scenarios of misconnects:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Booking_Ticketing/Reaccom/oneworld_tkt_policy.jsp

Thansk

BTW: I know that if you a>b and then b>c on separate itineraries, you could usually send your luggage to your final destination. Would I be able to that here and save the luggage fee?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
In either case, you'll have to pickup your bags at your first point of entry into USA.

They'll check bags through to final, though, if there is an interline agreement. I think it's YMMV on two separate tickets.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
In either case, you'll have to pickup your bags at your first point of entry into USA.

They'll check bags through to final, though, if there is an interline agreement. I think it's YMMV on two separate tickets.
Normally, you're right. But when you come from DUB, where there's US Preclearance, I would think you don't have to pickup your bags.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
Normally, you're right. But when you come from DUB, where there's US Preclearance, I would think you don't have to pickup your bags.

Correct, forgot about DUB's preclearance facility.