Author Topic: What's the chance of a complimentary upgrade on TLV-NYC route for a DL Platinum?  (Read 1828 times)

Offline yuki

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if any of you have some sort of rough estimation of the probability of getting such a complimentary upgrade (on either direction) as a Platinum Medallion.

Thanks!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I got upgraded when I was Gold but it was more luck then anything else.

Offline yuki

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Huh??

What about the "unlimited complimentary upgrades" they advertise the higher medallion levels to have?

Also, TPG mentions around 75-90% chance of an upgrade in general, but my assumption was that the TLV route would have somewhat denser high level medallions driving it down to, perhaps 30-50%.
Is that TLV route all that different from the general DL routes, or am I missing something fundamental here?

( http://thepointsguy.com/2013/12/elite-status-series-delta-platinum-medallion/ )

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Huh??

What about the "unlimited complimentary upgrades" they advertise the higher medallion levels to have?

Also, TPG mentions around 75-90% chance of an upgrade in general, but my assumption was that the TLV route would have somewhat denser high level medallions driving it down to, perhaps 30-50%.
Is that TLV route all that different from the general DL routes, or am I missing something fundamental here?

( http://thepointsguy.com/2013/12/elite-status-series-delta-platinum-medallion/ )

Did you spend even 30 seconds looking at the link I posted?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Huh??

Yeah, its more like 99% on all routes but they exclude Tel Aviv and also the direct flights to Lakewood because they are Anti-Semites

Offline yuki

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Did you spend even 30 seconds looking at the link I posted?

I read that page before but only now paid attention the complimentary upgrades column....

Offline Mordy788

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Its still possible. You are close to the top of the list to get moved into business if they oversold economy.

When you are at the gate it never hurts to ask.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Its still possible. You are close to the top of the list to get moved into business if they oversold economy.

When you are at the gate it never hurts to ask.

i.e.

.01%.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/systemwide-upgrade-certificates.html

Though you may get an operational upgrade at gate.