Author Topic: delta no more stopovers permitted  (Read 1054 times)

Offline koshergourmetmart

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
delta no more stopovers permitted
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
don't know if this was posted (sorry if it was)

http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/2014/11/17/delta-keepdescending-update-stopovers-open-jaws-skymiles2015/

Delta today has announced the following “enhancements” to the Skymiles2015 program:

Stopovers
For Award Travel booked prior to January 1, 2015, one stopover is allowed per roundtrip Award Ticket under certain circumstances. A stopover is defined as a stay of more than 4 hours between domestic flights and more than 24 hours between domestic and international or all international flights. The destination city is not considered a stopover. A stopover is allowed, provided there are no more than two connections between the origin and destination including any connections that are made while traveling to/from the stopover point. The stopover city must be located on a valid routing.

Stopovers will no longer be permitted for Award Travel booked on or after January 1, 2015.

Open Jaw
Open jaw Award Travel is permitted for Awards booked prior to January 1, 2015. To be eligible, the mileage between the open jaw points must be less than or equal to the total mileage flown between any other trip in the itinerary (origin to destination). A double open jaw is not permitted.

For Award Travel ticketed on or after January 1, 2015, all open jaw itineraries will be priced based on One-way Award Travel pricing rules.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: delta no more stopovers permitted
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
If I fly from TLV-JFK-CLE, do I pick up the luggage at JFK or CLE? Can I tell Delta at JFK that for whatever reason I cannot continue the flight to CLE and postpone the JFK-CLE leg for a few months later? If I remember the seminar correctly this should be possible. Or should I just forget about the JFK-CLE leg? many thanks

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »
If I fly from TLV-JFK-CLE, do I pick up the luggage at JFK or CLE? Can I tell Delta at JFK that for whatever reason I cannot continue the flight to CLE and postpone the JFK-CLE leg for a few months later? If I remember the seminar correctly this should be possible. Or should I just forget about the JFK-CLE leg? many thanks
When coming from international you must collect your luggage & then recheck it if you're continuing on. You don't have to tell them anything at JFK. You could just take your luggage & leave the airport.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
Thanks. However, is it possible to pay the change of date fee ($50 ?) and actually use the last leg a few months later?
I got the ticket as a hidden city fare, but I actually wouldn't mind using the last leg in the summer if it's possible and not too pricy.