Author Topic: Flying Blue Account Audit  (Read 13793 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Flying Blue Account Audit
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
So it seems that FB wants to be in line with other airlines and make their audit dept busy, so they sent this email out to my friend.

I highly encourage this audit guy to take a English grammar/spelling course.  :o

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Your Flying Blue account xxxxxxxxxxx  has been indentified as credited since july 2013  by illegitimate Amex transfers .

We remind you that the  Flying Blue and Amex  partnership policy allows only Amex transfers at the same name as the FB Member ,

Also miles or awards sale is not allowed according to the article 1-4-7 of the Flying Blue program Terms & Conditions.

As a consequence we inform you of the definitive closure  of your Flying Blue  account   xxxxxxxxxx .

You are also requested to send us back your Flying Blue card  xxxxxxxxxxxx to  the following address:

Air France Direction du Contrôle interne et de l’Audit interne,
Prévention des fraudes Air France - DYPF
95747 Roissy Cedex

Best regards
Mj Ballion
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: Flying Blue Account Audit
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »
I hope no one actually sends back their cards
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
Send it back COD along with a lump of coal.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »

Send it back COD along with a lump of coal.

By FedEx First Overnight
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
Yes sure... What else should he send back....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
Yes sure... What else should he send back....
Dam, Tzifardeia, Kinim, Arov, Dever....
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
Unlike AA where they audit CX tickets from travel agents... All the tickets from this account was made for family members. And no where does it say in the T&C that you can't do mismatched name transfers. Since Amex deicided that names have to match he indeed only transferred from his Amex account.

They fortified 300k.

I told my friend to explain nicely that there was no mileage sale here etc... If they don't budge I recommended him calling them in SCC. What do you guys say?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
;D

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 07:32:35 PM »
ALOL
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 07:47:39 PM »
That's rough!
They and AP used to be easy with these things

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
That's rough!
They and AP used to be easy with these things
+10

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »
Here are some emails back and forth... Pardon the English of both of them....

Account holder - hi thanks for replying . 1 the new rule that amex to flying blue need to be same person is 3 months old. and i know about it and i followed that rule  .2 the earlier transfers was from my  partners amex  into my account before the new rule was out there  . 3 all the tickets done were my close family.4why  did you take away my miles that i transferred from my  amex nov 23  ?

FB - Dear Sir

We know that the last Amex transfers to your FB account were legitimate but all the miles transfers in 2013 and  during the first  months  of 2014 have different origins . 

Furthermore , 40  award tickets have been issued from july 2013  to many different  beneficiaries from your community but not all from your family .

We confirm you that  your Flying Blue account  xxxxxxxxxxxxx will remain definitively closed .

Best regards
Mj Ballion 

Prévention des Fraudes AF- Flying Blue 
AF - Flying Blue Fraud Prevention Department
Email:  mail.audit.frequentflyer@airfrance.fr

Account Holder - I understand your concern however I never intended to miss use this account and never did I was clearly in the understanding that according to your regulations I am not violating any regulations and are allowed to help my direct family members if not I would of never  done so.
Yes my family is from my community that should not change anything but I hope your not thinking that I was selling these tickets I was just being the good kid in the family who always organizes everything.
I under stand being that your not from my community it sounds bizarre to you 40 tickets but please allow me to explain or if you need any other proof of my background and family history my great grandparents had 12 kids who not all survived the second world war my grandparents had 10 kids who 9 god bless got married and have there own families my parents have 14  so you could start imagining my siblings alone how many we are just  the husbands and wife's and there children and did not even give you my wife's background and her family  because was just trying to give you a example. So I under stand your concern and again I only did this because I thought this is no problem and is perfectly OK with FB however if you feel that this is a issue or just don't want me to do so or  continue this practice I perfectly understand but to go ahead and close the account I feel would be really unfair and you should at the very least allow me to just use my account for my self and have the others open there own account if that works better for you

Tanks for taking your time trying to understand me if you need any other information please let me know I will get it four you immediately 

Best regards
 <>

FB - Dear Sir ,

The  "illegitimate" miles credited in your  account  xxxxxxxxxxxxx are  the sufficient  cause to close  this last , according to our Flying Blue rules and Amex/AF  partnership  policy .

It's no need to  give us more details about  your family history .   

We exceptionally  allow you to open a new  FB account in our frequent  flyer program  if you still wishes to remain a Flying Blue Member ,  of course in the full respect of  the program rules in the future .
No retrocredits  of the flights flown before november 25th ( date of the closure of your  first account ) won't be authorized .

Best regards
Mj Ballion

Account Holder - HI  thanks for replying .
 can you please write  me where it says by flying blue terms that american express transfers into flying blue account when names did not match are illegitimate ? also the transfer from sunday was from my american express so can i get that MILES  returned ?

Dear Sir

As an FB  account has been indentified as misued and closed by our Fraud Prevention Department , all the miles left in balance are no more available for the Member .

We invite  you te get all the informatiosn about the AF/Amex  miles transfers conditions on the web site:

We confirm you  that :

- The partnership is valid for accrual by transfer of points only- The partnership is available in certain countries only. These countries as well as the different conversion scales can be obtained directly from American Express.
- Miles that have been transferred are Award Miles-The transfer request should be done by the client through the American Express customer service, or through the local American Express website for US market only.-Real time transfer between American Express and Flying Blue : once the request has been accepted on American Express website, Miles are available immediately on Flying Blue account- Miles cannot be transferred into someone else's account- Time required for transfer: 3-4 working days maximum

Best regards

Mj Ballion

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Here are some emails back and forth... Pardon the English of both of them....

Account holder - hi thanks for replying . 1 the new rule that amex to flying blue need to be same person is 3 months old. and i know about it and i followed that rule  .2 the earlier transfers was from my  partners amex  into my account before the new rule was out there  . 3 all the tickets done were my close family.4why  did you take away my miles that i transferred from my  amex nov 23  ?

FB - Dear Sir

We know that the last Amex transfers to your FB account were legitimate but all the miles transfers in 2013 and  during the first  months  of 2014 have different origins . 

Furthermore , 40  award tickets have been issued from july 2013  to many different  beneficiaries from your community but not all from your family .

We confirm you that  your Flying Blue account  xxxxxxxxxxxxx will remain definitively closed .

Best regards
Mj Ballion 

Prévention des Fraudes AF- Flying Blue 
AF - Flying Blue Fraud Prevention Department
Email:  mail.audit.frequentflyer@airfrance.fr

Account Holder - I understand your concern however I never intended to miss use this account and never did I was clearly in the understanding that according to your regulations I am not violating any regulations and are allowed to help my direct family members if not I would of never  done so.
Yes my family is from my community that should not change anything but I hope your not thinking that I was selling these tickets I was just being the good kid in the family who always organizes everything.
I under stand being that your not from my community it sounds bizarre to you 40 tickets but please allow me to explain or if you need any other proof of my background and family history my great grandparents had 12 kids who not all survived the second world war my grandparents had 10 kids who 9 god bless got married and have there own families my parents have 14  so you could start imagining my siblings alone how many we are just  the husbands and wife's and there children and did not even give you my wife's background and her family  because was just trying to give you a example. So I under stand your concern and again I only did this because I thought this is no problem and is perfectly OK with FB however if you feel that this is a issue or just don't want me to do so or  continue this practice I perfectly understand but to go ahead and close the account I feel would be really unfair and you should at the very least allow me to just use my account for my self and have the others open there own account if that works better for you

Tanks for taking your time trying to understand me if you need any other information please let me know I will get it four you immediately 

Best regards
 <>

FB - Dear Sir ,

The  "illegitimate" miles credited in your  account  xxxxxxxxxxxxx are  the sufficient  cause to close  this last , according to our Flying Blue rules and Amex/AF  partnership  policy .

It's no need to  give us more details about  your family history .   

We exceptionally  allow you to open a new  FB account in our frequent  flyer program  if you still wishes to remain a Flying Blue Member ,  of course in the full respect of  the program rules in the future .
No retrocredits  of the flights flown before november 25th ( date of the closure of your  first account ) won't be authorized .

Best regards
Mj Ballion

Account Holder - HI  thanks for replying .
 can you please write  me where it says by flying blue terms that american express transfers into flying blue account when names did not match are illegitimate ? also the transfer from sunday was from my american express so can i get that MILES  returned ?

Dear Sir

As an FB  account has been indentified as misued and closed by our Fraud Prevention Department , all the miles left in balance are no more available for the Member .

We invite  you te get all the informatiosn about the AF/Amex  miles transfers conditions on the web site:

We confirm you  that :

- The partnership is valid for accrual by transfer of points only- The partnership is available in certain countries only. These countries as well as the different conversion scales can be obtained directly from American Express.
- Miles that have been transferred are Award Miles-The transfer request should be done by the client through the American Express customer service, or through the local American Express website for US market only.-Real time transfer between American Express and Flying Blue : once the request has been accepted on American Express website, Miles are available immediately on Flying Blue account- Miles cannot be transferred into someone else's account- Time required for transfer: 3-4 working days maximum

Best regards

Mj Ballion

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
Do you guys think that he can succeed in SCC?

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
Doubt that they have any power over a foreign based entity!

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
Doubt that they have any power over a foreign based entity!
Even they have offices here and they operate many flights to the USA?

Online flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »
Years ago I got great help with Flying Blue from their rep who posts on Flyertalk. Maybe try posting a shortened version on Flyertalk and see if anyone can help you. If you want to PM me I can see if I can look up that contact.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
Years ago I got great help with Flying Blue from their rep who posts on Flyertalk. Maybe try posting a shortened version on Flyertalk and see if anyone can help you. If you want to PM me I can see if I can look up that contact.
good luck convincing ft the guy booked 40 tickets for "family," they'll be all over that.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
good luck convincing ft the guy booked 40 tickets for "family," they'll be all over that.
Well for that he indeed has proof. He has a very large family and he was his families travel agent but he never sold anything etc he just likes the award booking process.  His family travels a lot plus all the Bochurim to Yeshiva in Israel.... etc.

Offline sawlw

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 11:33:11 PM »
had an account audited last year...after passing a few million  through the account, they gave the  same excuse of multi amex xfers
didnt have much luck and had a ticket forfeited