DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Wifi Extender for Optimum Wifi?

<< < (3/44) > >>

moko:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on December 04, 2014, 01:55:31 AM ---Yeah I have a optimum login. How do you set the router to log in to optimum?

--- End quote ---
go to you routers web page, make sure it's set as a repeater, and search for available networks.

PTU:

--- Quote from: moko on December 04, 2014, 07:32:07 AM ---go to you routers web page, make sure it's set as a repeater, and search for available networks.

--- End quote ---
even with the repeater, what speeds do you get?

PTU:
I want to use an obi with GV on optimum WiFi.
If I set up the router as a repeater like @moko, will it work with the obi? or does it have to be dchp to assign IP addresses which (cmiiw) the repeater doesn't do.

Would cloning the Mac address of the router (more complicated) for sure work?

PTU:
So I followed this

Yay! My obi is working.

But for some reason, my devices (phone, computer) can not login to the SSID "MY REPEATER" that I set up.
Can anyone think of a reason why?
TIA!

PTU:

--- Quote from: PTU on December 29, 2014, 05:39:14 AM ---So I followed this

Yay! My obi is working.

But for some reason, my devices (phone, computer) can not login to the SSID "MY REPEATER" that I set up.
Can anyone think of a reason why?
TIA!

--- End quote ---
Bump please?

The only difference between what I configured on my version of wrt, and these instructions are highlighted in the attached pics. (I dont have the option to select SSID enabled etc..)

My obi is working, and when I connect my computer with a wire to the router it also works. Why is the wireless network not working?
My devices are discovering the "GRAYEAGLE" network, but when I input the correct passphrase it doesn't connect.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version