DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Wifi Extender for Optimum Wifi?

<< < (42/44) > >>

Realshlomo:

--- Quote from: Eliyohu on January 18, 2020, 11:12:20 PM ---I don't believe anyone got it to work this way.

--- End quote ---
So only an extender that can access the login page?
Do you know of one that works?

Eliyohu:

--- Quote from: Realshlomo on January 18, 2020, 11:13:18 PM ---So only an extender that can access the login page?
Do you know of one that works?

--- End quote ---
Your connecting the extender to the optimum network,
When connected the login page will open on your device.

Most tp-link extenders will work

Eliyohu:

Either this

--- Quote from: ckmk47 on February 15, 2018, 02:40:12 AM ---I got the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR90E3A  and it works!

--- End quote ---

Or the more complicated version, which is similar to what you were trying to do

--- Quote from: OMG! on December 24, 2019, 01:01:54 PM ---

No.
You need to install DD-WRT which can only be installed on a regular router. Once you install DD-WRT follow these instructions: https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/747884-How-to-use-an-Optimum-WiFi-hot-spot-with-multiple-computers

--- End quote ---

y.arkhypov:

--- Quote from: ckmk47 on February 15, 2018, 02:40:12 AM ---I got the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR90E3A  and it works!

--- End quote ---

Here is my 5 cents. I tried this extender and it works very well!
1) It is working in repeating mode and suppose to drop speed by half, like any typical router, but it does not! Speed remains the same, I would connect to hot spot or I connect to extender.
2) I also noticed one thing. After white-listing Mac address of extender and connecting to it from your desktop you are redirected to optimum.net to register a device. Here is important to do whitelisting desktops in browser of mobile mode, it should not ask mac and should register your device as Iphone. Only in this scenario I have a stable internet on my desktop, otherwise I had reconnection problems each time.

Cheers!

ckmk47:

--- Quote from: y.arkhypov on April 19, 2020, 08:13:12 PM ---Here is my 5 cents. I tried this extender and it works very well!
1) It is working in repeating mode and suppose to drop speed by half, like any typical router, but it does not! Speed remains the same, I would connect to hot spot or I connect to extender.
2) I also noticed one thing. After white-listing Mac address of extender and connecting to it from your desktop you are redirected to optimum.net to register a device. Here is important to do whitelisting desktops in browser of mobile mode, it should not ask mac and should register your device as Iphone. Only in this scenario I have a stable internet on my desktop, otherwise I had reconnection problems each time.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---
Welcome!
Thanks for registering just to give us your "5 cents".
I hope you'll stay and chat throughout the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version