DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Wifi Extender for Optimum Wifi?

<< < (2/44) > >>

BAHayman:
You can connect with your computer or phone and login, then change the WiFi MAC address of the extender/router to match the one that you logged in with.

moko:
I'm currently doing it with a simple router set as a repeater if you have auto login then your device will login automatically,  if not you will be prompted to enter login info. Since technically it's a public network you don't even need a password to logon with a repeater just a password to logon your device.
ETA: i dont know how secure it is for secure transactions.

Thingywingy:

--- Quote from: moko on December 03, 2014, 05:39:32 PM ---I'm currently doing it with a simple router set as a repeater if you have auto login then your device will login automatically,  if not you will be prompted to enter login info. Since technically it's a public network you don't even need a password to logon with a repeater just a password to logon your device.
ETA: i dont know how secure it is for secure transactions.

--- End quote ---
You do this with Optimum? To clarify your saying you don't need to setup the router to a pick up the right network? You just have to set router as repeater? Is that a switch on the router? Any difference between router and extender for this purpose?

moko:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on December 03, 2014, 11:02:11 PM ---You do this with Optimum? To clarify your saying you don't need to setup the router to a pick up the right network? You just have to set router as repeater? Is that a switch on the router? Any difference between router and extender for this purpose?

--- End quote ---
its set to log onto optimum which doesn't require a password to connect to the network once connected you need an optimum login

Thingywingy:
Yeah I have a optimum login. How do you set the router to log in to optimum?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version