Author Topic: Android Cell Phone Help  (Read 48118 times)

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Android Cell Phone Help
« Reply #340 on: July 21, 2021, 04:07:45 PM »
Phone model? Which app?
Galaxy S7.  Memo that comes with the phone.

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2021, 04:14:26 PM »
Galaxy S7.  Memo that comes with the phone.
Been a while since I used a Galaxy S7, I don't believe S memos has a trash, you can try a recovery app.
I would guess that if I understand you correctly and it's not the full memo rather just part of a memo that got deleted, it will be very difficult to recover.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2021, 07:36:28 PM »
Been a while since I used a Galaxy S7, I don't believe S memos has a trash, you can try a recovery app.
I would guess that if I understand you correctly and it's not the full memo rather just part of a memo that got deleted, it will be very difficult to recover.
::) :-[ After spending too much time with unknowledgable CSRs at Samsung (they were nice, but had to look up what to do with each question of mine) in addition to all my research time, I...figured out what to do by mistake.  TYH.

At one point my finger rested too long in one place (ie, the move for "paste") and lo and behold...it's all back!!!  :D   I must have "cut" the highlighted info by mistake to begin with (I wouldn't know how to repeat that) and then I also "pasted" it back by mistake.

The reason I am writing this in detail is to give all of you techies a real life experience of simple solutions to try with an ice pick before jackhammering it.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2021, 02:52:26 AM »
Bh glad you figured it out. Thank you for the details I'm sure it may help someone with a S7 down the line.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »
Bh glad you figured it out. Thank you for the details I'm sure it may help someone with a S7 down the line.
I don't know how highlighted material is cut out without pressing on 'cut', but I don't think that is an S7 issue.  What we learn is the moment material is missing, first try longpress to "paste" just in case it was "cut".  That also is not an S7 unique feature.  Thanks for your support.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2021, 03:41:22 PM »
I don't know how highlighted material is cut out without pressing on 'cut', but I don't think that is an S7 issue.  What we learn is the moment material is missing, first try longpress to "paste" just in case it was "cut".  That also is not an S7 unique feature.  Thanks for your support.
The most important thing when trying to fix a problem is getting accurate and plentiful information of what happened. My understanding of your original post was that your memo got deleted, therefore I responded as such.

Certain things shouldn't have to be repeated, it's common knowledge to restart a device before even asking and I assume it's common knowledge that C&P exists. Things don't get "cut" on their own afaik.