Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/57137

Get a %50 Bonus points on all purchases https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/spendOffer  On purchases between March 1 and June 30, for a maximum of 10k bonus miles
« Last edited by jj1000 on May 06, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »

Author Topic: US Airways MasterCard Now Offering 50,000 Miles  (Read 229676 times)

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: US Airways MasterCard Now Offering 50,000 Miles
« Reply #620 on: February 10, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
Did he tell you not to deposit it ?
no but I kinda said I understand that I shouldn't deposit it because I don't have the card anymore. But what is this alert that he Told me? Are they on the look out for me every time I apply now?

Offline killamatic12

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 10, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »
Do I need to pay the annual fee b4 I downgrade in order to get the 50k points?
yes and wait until they post (usually next statement)

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
yes and wait until they post (usually next statement)
Can I get the refund annual fee refund in a check?

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:49 PM »
yes and wait until they post in your dividend account (usually next statement)
FTFY
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »
Can I get the refund annual fee refund in a check?
yes.

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #625 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »
Two Questions for this card:

My wife got the Mile and More and Barclays Arrival about a month ago, is there any point in trying for this card - Should i close one first and transfer credit to the other and then apply for the card and offer to transfer credit to the new card or should i keep both open and then when applying offer to close one down - does it make any difference? Or will i get rejected either way and i shouldnt even try.

Number two:

I got the US airways card for myself about three weeks ago, is it worth waiting for the points to clear, transfer the miles and then close the card down (transferring the credit to my Arrival card)? how long after i close it down should i wait or am i also probably not going to get accepted?

TIA - I am not a churner but I am trying to complete an itinerary and i need AA points!

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2015, 08:38:05 PM »
Two Questions for this card:

My wife got the Mile and More and Barclays Arrival about a month ago, is there any point in trying for this card - Should i close one first and transfer credit to the other and then apply for the card and offer to transfer credit to the new card or should i keep both open and then when applying offer to close one down - does it make any difference? Or will i get rejected either way and i shouldnt even try.

There certainly is a point. A) Card is going away B) Big bonus and all you need to do is make a 1st purchase. How you do it I dont think matters as from my experience with Barclays they don't care how many products you have. Especially if its just 2-3. If they do reject her she can always use her current cards to try and move CL around.

Number two:

I got the US airways card for myself about three weeks ago, is it worth waiting for the points to clear, transfer the miles and then close the card down (transferring the credit to my Arrival card)? how long after i close it down should i wait or am i also probably not going to get accepted?

TIA - I am not a churner but I am trying to complete an itinerary and i need AA points!

Wait for points to be in the account and then feel free to close it. Lots of mixed comments on how fast you'd be able to get approved again for it. (Sounds like your question is how long after closing it can you reapply). You can always try and then go from there.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #627 on: February 10, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
There certainly is a point. A) Card is going away B) Big bonus and all you need to do is make a 1st purchase. How you do it I dont think matters as from my experience with Barclays they don't care how many products you have. Especially if its just 2-3. If they do reject her she can always use her current cards to try and move CL around.

Really? They dont care if my wife already has two of the cards and not wants a third? Cool! Question how long should I wait, as most probablyt I will not have time to churn this card for her, so you think i should just wait as long as possible and hten right beofore they discontinue it i should apply (you think it will help my chances or with Barclays it wont make a difference) Thansk!

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 10, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »

Really? They dont care if my wife already has two of the cards and not wants a third? Cool! Question how long should I wait, as most probablyt I will not have time to churn this card for her, so you think i should just wait as long as possible and hten right beofore they discontinue it i should apply (you think it will help my chances or with Barclays it wont make a difference) Thansk!

It is very unclear when the card will discontinue. In theory it could go away any day now. So even though you might not be able to churn it, the sooner you apply the higher the chances of actually getting it.

You should def be prepared to answer why you do need it in case they ask but having 2 or 3 diff Barclays cards is very common in the community.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2015, 02:21:40 AM »
Number two:

??

This card is US miles not AA, and US miles won't be merged into AA until March.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:04 AM »
Can I apply same day after downgrading?
Usually when downgrading the old card works until you receive the new card so it's still in the system

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 11, 2015, 03:40:13 AM »

IME, they would definitely care how many products they've given you recently. You can use the reasons benjie mentioned, but it's far from a sure thing.

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:03 PM »
The following message appears in my account when I click on the US Airways card which I downgraded yesterday. Is it safe to reapply?

Activate your account
To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now.

Offline eAge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 11, 2015, 06:26:45 PM »
They claim my account has no downgrade option since I excepted some 2-miles-per-$1-spent-on-gas/grocery offer a month ago...

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 12, 2015, 03:00:58 AM »
The following message appears in my account when I click on the US Airways card which I downgraded yesterday. Is it safe to reapply?

Activate your account
To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now.
If it's showing as a US Airways card, I think the system will still view you as a current card-holder

Offline AharonInIsrael

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2015, 03:03:27 AM »
Twitter might be a problem if you paid it already, but it doesn't hurt to give it shot.
Last night they told me the same thing people have reported regular phone reps saying: if we waive the fee you won't get the miles

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:23 AM »
They claim my account has no downgrade option since I excepted some 2-miles-per-$1-spent-on-gas/grocery offer a month ago...
Did you try calling a second time?

Offline eAge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 12, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

Did you try calling a second time?
Yes, ended up with the same rep
Will try a 3rd time soon

Offline Tzafnas Paneach

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 12, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
If I downgrade the card and it has a small negative balance because I returned something will they give me the money back by check?

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 12, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
If I downgraded the card and it has a small negatives balance because I returned something with they give me the money back by check?
Yes just call up