Author Topic: Obamacare Master thread  (Read 199415 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: Obamacare Master thread
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2016, 11:52:48 PM »
ANd its all over folks.
That was predicted 7 years ago. The only question all along was what would come next.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:42 AM »
Congrats to Obamacare for defeating Clinton.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sheeshmack

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2016, 01:12:55 AM »
Why Obamacare being the reason?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:48 AM »
Why Obamacare being the reason?
It was just a תנא דמסייע IMHO. At the end of the day what did her in is her elitist arrogance. 2016 is a replay of the French Revolution. The world has had enough of the elitists. Watch a few more shocks coming to Europe (Italian referendum, French Elections, etc).

Go back to John Mauldin's post from several weeks ago about the Protected vs the Unprotected, and his most recent one where he describes ME CD2.
-- Dan

Offline sheeshmack

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:50 AM »
How is her elitist arrogance any different from his?  And why would that be a reason for her to lose?  He's a billionaire businessman that started out with a huge advantage from birth.  He has done little to no work to help the poor or reduce crime.  Nor has he worked as a "public" servant to help underprivileged citizens.  It's not as if his Apprentice reality television show was an initiative to help reduce poverty or save hostages in a complex foreign policy matter.  The list could go on and on.

I think a majority of the country, either consciously or subconsciously, still feels women are not equally capable as men of leading in the highest offices.  If a guy can say he'll grab women in the crotch, make insulting remarks about minority groups, etc and can still win the highest office...then there's clearly a large element in this country that has not evolved in terms of brain usage.   

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »

I think a majority of the country, either consciously or subconsciously, still feels women are not equally capable as men of leading in the highest offices.  If a guy can say he'll grab women in the crotch, make insulting remarks about minority groups, etc and can still win the highest office...then there's clearly a large element in this country that has not evolved in terms of brain usage.   
Including 48% (I think) of women?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline sheeshmack

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »
Yes, including a lot of women.  You'd be surprised at how a lot of women would rather have a man in charge because they're "used" to that.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
How is her elitist arrogance any different from his?  And why would that be a reason for her to lose? 
You really don't see it? Look for example at his campaign slogan vs hers:

1. Make America Great Again - (the message is about you, the simple American, regardless of who you are).
2. Stronger Together - (who is stronger? HRC and Bernie Sanders supporters?, it is about the ticket, not about America).

This might not be premeditated, but it's a state of mind. We see it across the world with the "progressives", "liberals", or any other name the left-wing is known by.

That is exactly why she lost (and why the Brits voted for Brexit), the electorate is sick and tired of the condescending attitude of the "protected" (as per the Mauldin definition in the following important read: http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts/life-on-the-edge)

He's a billionaire businessman that started out with a huge advantage from birth.  He has done little to no work to help the poor or reduce crime.  Nor has he worked as a "public" servant to help underprivileged citizens.  It's not as if his Apprentice reality television show was an initiative to help reduce poverty or save hostages in a complex foreign policy matter.  The list could go on and on.
Well, all this means is that WE DON'T KNOW how he will perform in public service.

But we DO KNOW about (some of) the OBAMACARE LIES, Benghazi, etc. etc. during a lifelong "Public Service" (read self-serving) career.

Those are two issues. Men and women are indeed different. There are very few women capable of filling certain male jobs, and vice versa! Have you been drinking the left-wing kefira kool-aid? Hashem did create men and women differently. It doesn't mean one is better than the other, it's just that they have different roles in the world.

As far as the electorate ignoring what he says, Peter Thiel put it accurately: The media took (him and) his words literally but not seriously, whereas the electorate took him and his words seriously, but not literally!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
It couldn't be that it had to do with her corruption and two-facedness of course. Nor that the time she spent in "public service" was not public at all but rather self-service off of everyone's backs.

If you think that misogyny was a deciding factor here there is no way in the world anyone will change your mind, but there a definitely other factors involved.

Offline sheeshmack

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2016, 03:03:17 PM »
And are you implying that Trump is not corrupt or two-faced?  Doing public service without some benefits to ones self is part of the job (like any job).  I'm not sure if misogny was a deciding factor, one can make a strong argument that it was.

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
We're gonna make America so good; so good; that nobody is gonna get sick. We'll have affordable health insurance that'll work, because Americans aren't gonna get sick. I guaranteeya. We're gonna infect the Mexicans, who are very, very bad people. They're gonna get so sick, so sick, they'll have stuff coming out of their you know where's. We're gonna send them back to Mexico, and make Mexico pay for them. It's gonna be so great.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2016, 03:22:33 PM »
How is her elitist arrogance any different from his?  And why would that be a reason for her to lose?

See http://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/hillary-clinton-wrong/306676/ (HT: aygart)

Pay attention to the last five paragraphs (emphasis added):

One more thing: The Clinton campaign's condescension backfired badly -- the "basket of deplorables" revolted against her. Hillary Clinton not only misread white, working-class America, she misread American pop culture, how many real Americans think and talk, and why many real Americans embrace antiheroes.

I thought about this recently in a Dunkin' Donuts that I frequent near my apartment in Manhattan -- one of the few non-precious, non-effete places to grab a cup of coffee left in my mostly gentrified downtown neighborhood. It's a place where, over the past several months, I've had random conversations with blue-collar workers (including, just last week, a non-union steelworker in town to help erect a luxury hotel) who would never step into a Blue Bottle artisanal coffee shop, let alone a Starbucks.

I've also overheard all kinds of random conversations regarding the presidential election. One recent line that sticks out: "I f***ng love Donald Trump," which was stated all loud and proud by a burly thirty something who was sitting at a table drinking coffee and eating donuts with two other men and a woman a few weeks back.

He said that in response to the woman who had just said how "gross" and "rude" Trump is; it was obvious that he was declaring that he f***ing loves Trump precisely because he is gross and rude. Because Donald Trump is the embodiment of the American ego and the id circa 2016 for large swaths of the country.

In a way, Hillary Clinton's campaign was a big "f*** you" to guys like him, in its scolding, schoolmarmish insistence that there was something wrong with you if you could like a guy like Donald Trump.

-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »
See http://adage.com/article/campaign-trail/hillary-clinton-wrong/306676/ (HT: aygart)

Pay attention to the last five paragraphs (emphasis added):

I think the primary difference is that Trump made his campaign about America while she made it about HER such as "I'm with her" People will vote for a flawed person with the right ideas but not a flawed person for the person themselves.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
It couldn't be that it had to do with her corruption and two-facedness of course. Nor that the time she spent in "public service" was not public at all but rather self-service off of everyone's backs.

If you think that misogyny was a deciding factor here there is no way in the world anyone will change your mind, but there a definitely other factors involved.
A guy on cnn said this morning is not really anything Hillary did our could've done trump just tapped into an international phenomenon. Gotta love it

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2016, 04:34:35 PM »
A guy on cnn said this morning is not really anything Hillary did our could've done trump just tapped into an international phenomenon. Gotta love it
It is really an international phenomenon, a reversal of a trend that started after WWII, which while well intentioned, ended up destroying itself as power corrupts, and if there's no humility, one tends to be blind and deaf to the undercurrents.

See the following arrogant quotes of BHO's on CNN:
During rally after rally on Clinton's behalf, Obama cautioned voters that electing Trump would mean watching his accomplishments on jobs, health care, foreign policy, climate change and equality go "down the drain."

He warned his coalition of African-Americans and young people that he would "consider it a personal insult -- an insult to my legacy" if they didn't propel Clinton to the type of electoral victory they helped him achieve.

-- Dan

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2016, 09:38:33 PM »
I just received a check from Horizon bcbs of Nj because they overcharged for premiums they are only allowed to make 20%.. 80% of the premium has to go towards medical expenses my question is this is the 2nd year in a row that they are returning part of my premium does anyone know if Amerihealth is also returning premiums because Amerihealth has a plan slightly more reasonable but if they don't return any premium then they may just end up being more expensive... a side note it appears I am getting a refund as if I paid the full premium meanwhile most of my premium was subsidies (even if the Insurance co. sees my advanced premium credit the insurance co.has no idea when I filed taxes if I had to pay back some of that or if I ended up receiving  even more subsidy, that's why I'm assuming they just gave the full refund to me also they gave me back almost what I paid for 3 months I doubt they overcharged 3 months of too much premium!)wonder if the gov. Will demand some of that money? and will I have to take the money off my medical expenses for this year?

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »
Maybe someone can help me out.

Pre-existing Conditions.

Obamacare guaranties coverage. Trump indicates he'll continue that policy.

When I go all-in on a Full House because I believe my hand is strong, I can't take back my bet when my opponent lays down a Straight Flush.

Yet, with pre-existing conditions guaranteed coverage, anyone can take a gamble on their health by not purchasing insurance, and when they lose that bet, we all have to shell out anyway? How does this make sense from a policy perspective?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »
You can only sign up during open enrollment

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
Now that my current insure HIP has pulled out of the exchange. Anyone have recommendation of which plan to choose in NY?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »
Now that my current insure HIP has pulled out of the exchange. Anyone have recommendation of which plan to choose in NY?
Do you have your own business? If yes, PM.
-- Dan