Author Topic: Amex Warranty Extension  (Read 973 times)

Offline shidduch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Amex Warranty Extension
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »
Amex warranty extension used to be very simple.  Something was out of the mfg warranty and within a year after that.  You call up, they send you a check.  Now it seems every time I report an issue they are requiring a repair estimate.  But the problem is, to actually get a repair estimate is probably not worth the cost as I have no intention of repairing the item and some places will charge just to look at it.  FYI this is a dell computer

Any advice.

Offline gleung

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Warranty Extension
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »
from what i read, it seems amex will reimburse you if there was a charge for the repair estimate. if it can't be fixed, then they will give you a check to replace it. if it can be fixed, then they would cover the cost of repair. thats the T&C

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »
check existing thread. no need for a new one http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=9169.0
also - its an extended warranty. If you don't want to repair then don't complain that they won't replace it and you want the money. You can't cry that amex is actually giving a WARRANTY as opposed to cash in your pocket.  At the very least they want to verify that you really have damage and aren't just trying to get money. When I broke my brand new note 3 they asked for a repair estimate, and reimbursed the total cost including the repair estimate.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
Amex warranty extension used to be very simple.  Something was out of the mfg warranty and within a year after that.  You call up, they send you a check.  Now it seems every time I report an issue they are requiring a repair estimate.  But the problem is, to actually get a repair estimate is probably not worth the cost as I have no intention of repairing the item and some places will charge just to look at it.  FYI this is a dell computer

Any advice.

Looks like you may have been abusing their generosity and they don't want you to do that anymore.