Author Topic: sign up for discover & Get a free Garmin nüvi 200 portable GPS Navigator  (Read 12124 times)

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
but if you dont pay your bills on time (miss a couple of payments here and there) and max out some cards (even $400 on the $500 limit card is considered maxed out) your credit will suffer even without anything to do with bankruptcy.
This is very common for younger people using credit. And many people do screw it up reall bad- I see it all the time.
Im maxed on all my cards - cant help it, its neccessities - never missed a payment, but im wondering how bad im killing my credit score. I havnt checked, didnt bother, if i could pay it off i would and why hurt my score even further.
So what should i do?!?!?! If i pay it in another 2 months, which i should be able to, and leave it alone for a few months will everything be fine? (thats what i was counting on but u kinda scared me)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Im maxed on all my cards - cant help it, its neccessities - never missed a payment, but im wondering how bad im killing my credit score. I havnt checked, didnt bother, if i could pay it off i would and why hurt my score even further.
So what should i do?!?!?! If i pay it in another 2 months, which i should be able to, and leave it alone for a few months will everything be fine? (thats what i was counting on but u kinda scared me)
It's never a good idea to max out any of your cards.  It's bad for your credit and puts you risk of getting flagged as a risky customer.
Try to
-Cut down on your spending
-Get a credit line increase
-Get more cards.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steinl321

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
I signed up for card, am using it, but never got the gps. I went back to the offer and they say I never activated my card. What type of card was I supposed to get? I got a Discover Rewards card and my bills go through HSBC. Did they do a bait and switch on me?

Offline Na Nach

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Avis Presidents, Hertz #1 Gold, National Executive, BMI Silver
it says you have to sign up for miles by discover so i guess it is a different card

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
You can always switch which rewards carD you get from discover. 

Offline Jay the PRESIDENT

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: sign up for discover & Get a free Garmin nüvi 200 portable GPS Navigator
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »
how long does it take to get the GPS?

by the way i saw offer for $125 to amazon instead....is this a better offer?