15 (17.9%)
In General
13 (15.5%)
Good enough for convenience
12 (14.3%)
Undecided
26 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Jet.com Master Thread  (Read 130230 times)

Offline talmid chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Jet.com Master Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2015, 01:23:25 PM »
::)
As I said before, please show me a single Amazon deal from DDMS that is cheaper on Jet.

It's hardly just mods who have "bashed" jet either.
When my grocery has a sale they are cheaper then amazon.

So a DDMS deal is not a  way of seeing who is cheaper, (just wait till jet will have deals).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »
When my grocery has a sale they are cheaper then amazon.

So a DDMS deal is not a  way of seeing who is cheaper, (just wait till jet will have deals).
Amazon isn't always cheap, but they do have frequent excellent deals backed up by real CS.

When Jet changes their CS or has an exciting deal let me know.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »
I certainly do, point being?

Point being that you have financial interest in seeing jet fail.
Not saying you're doing something wrong, it's just that you're inherently biased against Jet.
Visibly Jewish

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »
Not saying you're doing something wrong, it's just that you're inherently biased against Jet.
Highly doubt that jet is going to make a dent in Dan's personal finances

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »
How so? Who says they don't open an affiliate program?
Regardless, I didn't hide my own bias. And I'm not the only one who posted a negative experience with Jet.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »
So come out and say that clearly.
Nobody is dismayed. It just doesn't make much sense from a buyer's perspective from what I can see unless you have some vested interest in it. Which you do.

Lol.
You're likely getting paid thousands of dollars a month from Amazon but you're pointing at me
and saying I have vested interests.

Eta: Every sane consumer wishes for competition, not like I should be considered differently.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2015, 01:35:26 PM »
Lol.
You're likely getting paid thousands of dollars a month from Amazon but you're pointing at me
Thanks for counting my money, nice trait that is.

I haven't hid for a minute what my interests were. You did.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
Lol.

Every sane consumer wishes for competition, not like I should be considered differently.
Who said I didn't want competition??

All I did was share a very negative buying experience that I had and many others have posted the same. So we're skeptical on their grandiose claims to take over the world.
What is wrong with you??

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
Who said I didn't want competition??

All I did was share a very negative buying experience that I had and many others have posted the same. So we're skeptical on their grandiose claims to take over the world.
What is wrong with you??

You're calling my wish for competition a "hidden vested interest", as if it's not something everybody wishes for. A list of other vested interests of mine include drinking water, sleeping in a comfortable bed, and eating tasty food. Do I have I really have to point out the obvious?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:42:49 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
Your need to bash everyone who posts something negative about Jet in this thread has been pretty bizarre behavior. A lot more than just someone wanting competition in the marketplace.

Regardless, real competition will just make Amazon even better, so I have no need to desire Jet to fail. But they have a lot to prove, which is pretty much what most people have said before you jump on the attack as if someone called your baby ugly. Take a chill pill.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2015, 01:53:24 PM »
Your need to bash everyone who posts something negative about Jet in this thread has been pretty bizarre behavior. A lot more than just someone wanting competition in the marketplace.

Regardless, real competition will just make Amazon even better, so I have no need to desire Jet to fail. But they have a lot to prove, which is pretty much what most people have said before you jump on the attack as if someone called your baby ugly. Take a chill pill.
+1

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2015, 01:54:44 PM »
So come out and say that clearly.
Nobody is dismayed. It just doesn't make much sense from a buyer's perspective from what I can see unless you have some vested interest in it. Which you do.
Truthfully if you put all your commission from Amazon on a side and you think about your own pocket as a costumer that buys things when you need them and not when Amazon or whoever it is decides to make deal on them, wouldn't you wanna save some money on your day to day purchases? I'm not talking on Subscribe and Save and coupon items, I'm talking about anything starting from a Weber Grill to a laptop which saves you hundreds in the long run

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »
Truthfully if you put all your commission from Amazon on a side and you think about your own pocket as a costumer that buys things when you need them and not when Amazon or whoever it is decides to make deal on them, wouldn't you wanna save some money on your day to day purchases? I'm not talking on Subscribe and Save and coupon items, I'm talking about anything starting from a Weber Grill to a laptop which saves you hundreds in the long run
I haven't seen such savings in my searches.
Never mind that Amazon earns 5x.  And that my regular purchases are pretty much S&S items or what goes on a great sale.

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
I haven't seen such savings in my searches.
Never mind that Amazon earns 5x.  And that my regular purchases are pretty much S&S items or what goes on a great sale.
That's because "you" are buying stuff when they are cheap and not when you need them, and 5x is less than 15%

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

Frankly, I don't remember attacking anyone until I was (hypocritically) called out for having financial interests in Jet. I don't have any.

I would still like to hear what will cause jet to fail instead of hearing the same complaint about customer service over and over. A few here have stated that jet has a million problems they need to fix and I am genuinely curious to hear about them.
Visibly Jewish

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
How much cheaper is jet, once you add shipping

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »
Frankly, I don't remember attacking anyone until I was (hypocritically) called out for having financial interests in Jet. I don't have any.

I would still like to hear what will cause jet to fail instead of hearing the same complaint about customer service over and over. A few here have stated that jet has a million problems they need to fix and I am genuinely curious to hear about them.
I think the bottom line is the onus is on jet to prove they can compete not the other way around.

From the posts of SG and you it sounds like jet already proved themselves. (Statements like Amazon stinks because they ban people for too many returns, and a failed shipping service does not prove that jet is better, it shows amazon has flaws and MAYBE jet will be better in some aspects of the business. Side point to our previous discussion I usually like late shipments from Amazon because I get a $10+ each time.)

This simply is not the case.

That being said I imagine jet will be barred from ddf soon due to the T&C here.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
How much cheaper is jet, once you add shipping
No point if you have to pay shipping, but otherwise between 10-15%

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »
I think the bottom line is the onus is on jet to prove they can compete not the other way around.

From the posts of SG and you it sounds like jet already proved themselves.

This simply is not the case.

That being said I imagine jet will be barred from ddf soon due to the T&C here.
By time most bloggers are not scared to write that they make commission from using their links, DD thinks that he'll go out of business by doing that...

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
By time most bloggers are not scared to write that they make commission from using their links, DD thinks that he'll go out of business by doing that...
No connection to what I said, but ok.

Also see my post update.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)