15 (17.9%)
In General
13 (15.5%)
Good enough for convenience
12 (14.3%)
Undecided
26 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Jet.com Master Thread  (Read 130227 times)

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Link to popcorn threads.
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
Where's cm coming to dans defense?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Re: Link to popcorn threads.
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2015, 02:21:43 PM »
Don't need a defense for such nonsense.
I'm going to launch a new auction site tomorrow, put out a release saying it's going to take over eBay, and then bash everyone who points out any flaws for not wanting free markets and obviously being a bunch of commies.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2015, 02:22:33 PM »
Don't need a defense for such nonsense.
I respectfully disagree

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
I respectfully disagree
So you think I should apologize for sharing a negative buying experience and doubting that they'll become the next Amazon? For real?
Maybe throw in some gratuitous shaming for good measure because I run a business?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Jet.com Master Thread
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2015, 02:29:33 PM »
You guys are bashing Jet for nothing, they are going to bring us the best prices we ever thought of, they are drop shippers and their lower level costumer service don't understand the concept of it so well and how to deal with returns, it is very confusing for all of us, I didn't understand it fully yet, but again they are still in Beta and for that reason, they have to train their staff on how to deal with the system ,and whoever want's their system to succeed should send them feedback to feedback@jet.com and enjoy, but whoever don't want that (maybe some mods here) should just continue to bash them and try to make sure nothing comes out of there, again I would not trust them with shipping speed yet, but I'll trust them that i'll get my item if the price and everything makes sense (10-15% lower)
All I can say in absolute honesty I have zero bias in either direction. I haven't even really checked out jet yet. I glanced on their site for a few minutes(had an invite), and never ordered anything yet. Just by reading through this thread both yourself and yuneeq seemed to be overly defending them. The people bashing them seemed to have had legitimate issues.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
So you think I should apologize for sharing a negative buying experience and doubting that they'll become the next Amazon? For real?
No I do not think you need to apologize for anything. But as an outsider I can see that both ways it is a very biased argument. You each obviously care (a lot) to defend or attack. IMO you did more than just share a negative experience. And bringing up that Amazon deals are cheaper is silly,when the argument is about regularly priced items (it us famous that Amazon will sell things at a significant loss to price out competition, and while when they do this it is great for the consumer, it can not be used as an example of how cheap they are.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
No I do not think you need to apologize for anything. But as an outsider I can see that both ways it is a very biased argument. You each obviously care (a lot) to defend or attack. IMO you did more than just share a negative experience. And bringing up that Amazon deals are cheaper is silly,when the argument is about regularly priced items (it us famous that Amazon will sell things at a significant loss to price out competition, and while when they do this it is great for the consumer, it can not be used as an example of how cheap they are.
No, I shared my own negative experience and got bashed for it as obviously having to do with a bias, as if I can't bash anyone that I don't have a business relationship with.
Read it again.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »
All I can say in absolute honesty I have zero bias in either direction. I haven't even really checked out jet yet. I glanced on their site for a few minutes(had an invite), and never ordered anything yet. Just by reading through this thread both yourself and yuneeq seemed to be overly defending them. The people bashing them seemed to have had legitimate issues.
+1    I would just like to point out that yuneeq himself did not deny that there were major issues. He defended saying that's they can't be responsible during beta. Dan is saying during beta the standards should be the same.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
+1    I would just like to point out that yuneeq himself did not deny that there were major issues. He defended saying that's they can't be responsible during beta. Dan is saying during beta the standards should be the same.
I didn't say they should be the same. Beta is a time to find mistakes, that's a given.
I did say that beta isn't a valid excuse for bad service, that's very different than web mistakes and shows of a culture that isn't empowered to fix problems.

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2015, 02:36:36 PM »
Should I tell you something Dan ordered a laptop for $100 he thought he'd make $600, at the end he got a monitor, this was in the first days of their beta, I personally know someone who got $25 JetCash for such an incident "recently" which means they are getting better,
Personal experience: On the third day of their beta (May 2) i found a tablet that would normally cost $750.00 at just $6.65 I ordered 5 of it (that's all they had listed), the real product almost shipped (I know that) but at the end they caught on it an canceled my order.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:07 PM »
I didn't say they should be the same. Beta is a time to find mistakes, that's a given.
I did say that beta isn't a valid excuse for bad service, that's very different than web mistakes and shows of a culture that isn't empowered to fix problems.
So you agree that even though you had a bad experience and were not wowed by your first experience, there still is a chance that this will turn out to be a success?
And do you agree that the competition will be positive for both buyers and sellers if successful?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:39 PM »
Should I tell you something Dan ordered a laptop for $100 he thought he'd make $600, at the end he got a monitor, this was in the first days of their beta, I personally know someone who got $25 JetCash for such an incident "recently" which means they are getting better,
Personal experience: On the third day of their beta (May 2) i found a tablet that would normally cost $750.00 at just $6.65 I ordered 5 of it (that's all they had listed), the real product almost shipped (I know that) but at the end they caught on it an canceled my order.
Confused much? So now your anti?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »
Wow, shocking stuff  ::)
I don't care about the Jet Cash/compensation. But when I get the wrong item the answer on the phone should be oops, let me fix that.
Now "Oh, well you waived the return so there's nothing I can do for you."

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Wow, shocking stuff  ::)
I don't care about the Jet Cash/compensation. But when I get the wrong item the answer on the phone should be oops, let me fix that.
Now "Oh, well you waived the return so there's nothing I can do for you."
This is bad... must agree, but as i said make your common sense when you buy from them, this is what happened to a lot (that they shipped the wrong item)

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
Another thing I think you guys are missing: In all likelihood jet will have an affiliate program if they are planing on properly competing with Amazon. So all this biased stuff isn't relevant until they properly launch, with or without an affiliate program.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »
Where's cm coming to dans defense?
I don't come anyone's defense. It seems there #1 problem is customer service. On a startup that is the first thing you get right. All this other stuff is just fluff to confuse the real issue of poor customer service.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
Can we move this to JS since I don't see any deals posted?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »
Can we move this back to JS since I don't see any deals posted?
FTFY, but I don't think so

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »
FTFY
Right we know  ::)

WHY IS THIS ALWAYS MOVED TO JUST SCHMOOZE BOARD????
THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN ALL THE SILLY HOT DEALS ON DANSDEALS.COM!!!

And yet not one deal has been found cheaper than on DDMS..

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
Right we know  ::)

And yet not one deal has been found cheaper than on DDMS..
Check my edit