Author Topic: Help disputing a UNITED charge on my Chase CC  (Read 1558 times)

Offline KidOOO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Help disputing a UNITED charge on my Chase CC
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:22:02 PM »
In October i booked 2 one way awards TLV-NYC on united.com, it was within 21 days however i used my United Club Card Visa to book so the close in fee should be waived

After a few days i noticed they charged me $77 or so twice for the taxes (which is fine) but there was another 2 charges of $75 each

so i checked the booking receipt email and hidden in there it says they are charging me $75 close in fee

I called united they said i need to submit a refund request on the webiste, but there is no option to pick "close in fee" as the charge so i picked something similar and was denied with a generic response.

I called chase to complain and was transferred back and forth until one rep got united on the call as well and asked why they charged, they told him it's the computer and if it charged me they cannot refund. he argued a little but they wouldn't budge so he told me would take care of it and get back to me. of course he never did

as last resort i disputed the charges with chase, and of course got a letter 2 weeks later that dispute was denied because i needed to contact united

Anyone have any idea how to tackle this one? i am close to giving up but it's a $150 rather not lose it if possible

Thanks

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Help disputing a UNITED charge on my Chase CC
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »
I'd HUCA United. Speak with supervisor etc. until you find one who will initiate the refund.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
I'd HUCA United. Speak with supervisor etc. until you find one who will initiate the refund.

Ty

is there a special number for these kind of issues or regular award customer service

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:04:17 PM »
Call UA and ask to speak to the refunds Dept.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »

+1

HUCA is the only way to get anywhere. With anyone!
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline nobiggy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
Once your discussing disputing charges. When one disputes a charge the merchant looses? And if the deny it then the customer looses? Does Chase ever loose?

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/20506

Have United call you.  In my experience, those reps are almost always better than the front line reps on the published 800 number.  I was owed a refund for a different situation, but just like you, the front line reps told me to submit a request using the website, couldn't find an option on the site for my specific situation and I tried the closest option available and got denied.  Using the link above I got connected to a knowledgeable rep and got my refund processed quickly.

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/20506

Have United call you.  In my experience, those reps are almost always better than the front line reps on the published 800 number.  I was owed a refund for a different situation, but just like you, the front line reps told me to submit a request using the website, couldn't find an option on the site for my specific situation and I tried the closest option available and got denied.  Using the link above I got connected to a knowledgeable rep and got my refund processed quickly.

So i used that option, she told me since the flight was 2 months ago it's in archives only customer service has access to that so need to do online, not via refunds rather via contact us/customer service

does this sound right