Author Topic: a frielichin purim!!!!  (Read 23704 times)

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
Re: a frielichin purim!!!!
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2024, 08:02:48 PM »
I guess I am hanging out in the right places.
BH. I am too.
 However, today I was in a bm and someone was telling me his kids were asking him if mm has to be 2 Berachos... He said his wife as well who is a teacher use to think that until he told her it's wrong.  It's a common misconception that schools are teaching to children. Good schools.
THANK YOU HASHEM!!! (Make Believe Its Orange, Big And Floating.- IYKYK)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2024, 08:04:09 PM »
BH. I am too.
 However, today I was in a bm and someone was telling me his kids were asking him if mm has to be 2 Berachos... He said his wife as well who is a teacher use to think that until he told her it's wrong.  It's a common misconception that schools are teaching to children. Good schools.

SOunds like it is a women's thing.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2024, 10:01:14 PM »
The other mistake (two people) bothers me more. Two brachos just comes from misunderstanding what two minim means, but where did the idea of giving two people come from?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2024, 10:02:13 PM »
The other mistake (two people) bothers me more. Two brachos just comes from misunderstanding what two minim means, but where did the idea of giving two people come from?
+1
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2024, 10:05:26 PM »
Matanos levyonim obviously

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2024, 10:06:58 PM »
+1
It could be it stems from a minhag to give to one person directly and one person with a sheliyach.

Some say that "mishloach manos" has to specifically be "sent". Some even say that a sheli'ach is kemoso, so it's not 'sent', and they spefically go out of their way to send it with a koton, who cannot be 'kemoso'...

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2024, 10:12:51 PM »
It could be it stems from a minhag to give to one person directly and one person with a sheliyach.

Some say that "mishloach manos" has to specifically be "sent". Some even say that a sheli'ach is kemoso, so it's not 'sent', and they spefically go out of their way to send it with a koton, who cannot be 'kemoso'...
Maybe in certain yeshivish circles. I'm sure the people making these types of mistakes have no idea what you are talking about.
More likely like imayid it's from matanoe l'evyonim

Offline Bored Bachur

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2024, 10:15:40 PM »
I think some have the minhag to give to a kohen a Levi and a yisrael

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2024, 10:17:29 PM »
And three matzos to each

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2024, 10:20:57 PM »
The Rebbe did this and gave a food and a drink. But halacha it's not.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2024, 10:22:22 PM »
The Rebbe did this and gave a food and a drink. But halacha it's not.
Really? I thought he was just being a @boredbochur
What is the inyan behind it?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2024, 10:22:37 PM »
I heard that some people even give without ANY theme. What amaratzim!

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2024, 11:46:48 PM »
That's the common conception and how it's being done (by most), but interestingly, this is not being discussed at all in the Rishonim or earlier Acharonim. Two Achronim raise the question and stay unclear. The Aruch H'Shilchan is the one and only who posits clearly that it needs to be two minim, while some others didn't take that position.
so I went through the Sugya of MM. Mechaber and mb both don't explain what shtei min means as you said. The Aruch H'Shilchan says as well that you cannot be yotzei with two of same min... However I didn't seem to find anyone who holds you can... RabeInu Chananel says you can be yotzei but the taste has to be a little different. Rav elyashiv says similar, you can be yotzei same if they are cooked differently etc. One cooked, one roasted... No-one seems to say that you can be yotzei with 2 exact same items... ?

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Yesterday at 12:12:26 AM »
so I went through the Sugya of MM. Mechaber and mb both don't explain what shtei min means as you said. The Aruch H'Shilchan says as well that you cannot be yotzei with two of same min... However I didn't seem to find anyone who holds you can... RabeInu Chananel says you can be yotzei but the taste has to be a little different. Rav elyashiv says similar, you can be yotzei same if they are cooked differently etc. One cooked, one roasted... No-one seems to say that you can be yotzei with 2 exact same items... ?
Some say Everyone has it wrong as it says שתי מנות בשר (Which btw clearly indicates it can be the same min) but this is the main thing  - מנות does Not mean type rather it means portion - you need to give two portions to one person Read the Mechaber and MB and they are very meduyik that this is the correct meaning.

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Yesterday at 12:23:00 AM »
Some say Everyone has it wrong as it says שתי מנות בשר (Which btw clearly indicates it can be the same min) but this is the main thing  - מנות does Not mean type rather it means portion - you need to give two portions to one person Read the Mechaber and MB and they are very meduyik that this is the correct meaning.
I would say pashut pshat that מנות means 2 gifts. So it should be 2 different things. I wouldn't think it should b'davka be same thing.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Yesterday at 12:27:20 AM »

Okay..
The Mechaber and MB don't mention a word about two minim. (The lashon h'mechaber actually implies the same min is also fine.)
What Rabbeinu Chananel are you referring too?
The פרי מגדים בראש יוסף raises the question and is leaning towards one min is good enough, the Batchutcher Rov in A"A also speculates.
As I said the Aruch H'shilchan is the only one of the previous poskim who strictly requires two minim with certainty. (He has a diyuk from a Rambam, which others aren't maskim with.)
The מהרש״ג and אפרקסתא דעניא are both of the opinion that it can be two of the very same, and the ציץ אליעזר is also arguing very strongly against the Aruch H'shilchan, going as far as saying that even one large portion which can be divided for two is perhaps also good enough.
The Belzer Rov Reb Yisochor Dov Ztz"l gave two slices of the same cake for Mishloach Manos, which was perceived by the poskim of his chassidim as מעשה רב that it must not be two minim.
But פוק חזי מאי עמא דבר, the minhag h'olam is definitely to be makpid on two minim. 

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Yesterday at 12:41:59 AM »
I would say pashut pshat that מנות means 2 gifts. So it should be 2 different things. I wouldn't think it should b'davka be same thing.
The מן in the midbar was a portion - read the mechaber and MB as a portion and you wont wanna go back!

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile

Offline M3B3LY

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Yesterday at 01:58:25 PM »

I had a neighbor who had a hot dog/burger stand on Purim, and their MM was to give everyone a hot dog, cotton candy, some drinks...