Author Topic: NFL Master Thread  (Read 264943 times)

Offline oiseli48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: NFL playoffs 2015
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2015, 06:38:26 PM »
He's probably stretching the truth a little, but then again, this entire story is totally blown out of proportion.

Having the ball slightly more deflated is in no way cheating, more than Brad Johnson paid to have the footballs used in the Super Bowl get worn in.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:29 PM »
He's probably stretching the truth a little, but then again, this entire story is totally blown out of proportion.

Having the ball slightly more deflated is in no way cheating, more than Brad Johnson paid to have the footballs used in the Super Bowl get worn in.
Disagree. It's against the rules for a reason and some one knowingly decked the balls against the rules to gain an advantage hire idea that not cheating? And cheating is cheating there's no arbitrary lines of what's not a big deal. It effected the integrity of the game and I doubt he got caught the first time he did it.

Offline casualchurner

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »
Don't believe Brady at all.  >:(  How could he say that he prefers footballs at 12.5 psi yet somehow he wasn't able to tell the difference when the ball was 2 psi below what he normally has? Does he even know what a 12.5 psi football feels like?!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »
And cheating is cheating there's no arbitrary lines of what's not a big deal. It effected the integrity of the game and I doubt he got caught the first time he did it.
In a black and white world you would be correct.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
Just finished watching Brady press conference. People always make the same mistake. They get caught and their reaction is tot lie and it just makes it so much worse and easier to prove. That press conference was so bad and made no sense. If i had any doubt before there is zero chance he's not lying

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
Don't believe Brady at all.  >:(  How could he say that he prefers footballs at 12.5 psi yet somehow he wasn't able to tell the difference when the ball was 2 psi below what he normally has? Does he even know what a 12.5 psi football feels like?!
Agree. And a Colts defender caught one interception and was able to tell...
And he has no idea who handles the balls after he chooses them and in the last 4 days with scandal brewing he didn't bother to find out...

Offline oiseli48

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
It's the fake world we live in that makes him lie. If Brady would admit it, he would be suspended from the Super Bowl, and who knows what else. The power of standing up and owning up to your mistakes is just not looked up to nowadays. People are either perfect, or outcasts.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
It's the fake world we live in that makes him lie. If Brady would admit it, he would be suspended from the Super Bowl, and who knows what else. The power of standing up and owning up to your mistakes is just not looked up to nowadays. People are either perfect, or outcasts.
Completely disagree. Pettite The one guy who owned up to steriod use when caught got a lot of respect for that. If he would've got up there and said i made a big mistake I'll accept my punishment and will never do it again. He would gain a lot of respect and after his punishment people would move on. Now that he lied and an obvious lie the blood hounds are out and he has killed his legacy.

Offline oiseli48

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2015, 10:15:35 AM »

Completely disagree. Pettite The one guy who owned up to steriod use when caught got a lot of respect for that. If he would've got up there and said i made a big mistake I'll accept my punishment and will never do it again. He would gain a lot of respect and after his punishment people would move on. Now that he lied and an obvious lie the blood hounds are out and he has killed his legacy.

While what you say is true, were Pettite to be accused a day before he was slated to pitch Game 7 of the World Series, i doubt he would say anything that would possibly get him suspended. His whole career is for this game, he won't let anything stop him.

I doubt this will kill Brady's legacy either. When Jeter faked getting hit by the pitch, that was shocking to many people who thought of him as a model citizen, but it didn't ruin his legacy.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2015, 10:25:20 AM »
I doubt this will kill Brady's legacy either.
Will have no effect unless he loses the SB then it will be cheaters proof.  :)

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »
So what's more likely:

Scenario 1:  Patriots figured out a way to deflate the balls pre-game, and (for some reason) deflated 11/12 of them. Not one referee noticed the entire time, but one player on the other side noticed.

Moreover, is it likely that a QB would want the balls in a playoff game to be different in any way from the balls he has been using in every other game? Even if they are objectively better, there would still be some adjustment and unfamiliarity for him. So you need to say he has been doing this in every single game and nobody ever noticed?

Moreover, does it make sense that NFL regulations require footballs to be inflated in a way that is suboptimal for throwing and catching?

Scenario 2: Someone figured out how to convince the referees to deflate them after they were seized, or, someone gained access and deflated them after they were seized.

I frankly thing scenario 2 makes more sense.

In other news, the Pats have not lost a superbowl since I moved to boston.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
How about Scenario 3: You have a vivid imagination?

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2015, 11:05:33 AM »
How about Scenario 3: You have a vivid imagination?

That was already included in both scenarios.

Anyway, DDF superbowl tailgating DO?

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »
Will have no effect unless he loses the SB then it will be cheaters proof.  :)

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
So what's more likely:

Scenario 1:  Patriots figured out a way to deflate the balls pre-game, and (for some reason) deflated 11/12 of them. Not one referee noticed the entire time, but one player on the other side noticed.

Moreover, is it likely that a QB would want the balls in a playoff game to be different in any way from the balls he has been using in every other game? Even if they are objectively better, there would still be some adjustment and unfamiliarity for him. So you need to say he has been doing this in every single game and nobody ever noticed?

Moreover, does it make sense that NFL regulations require footballs to be inflated in a way that is suboptimal for throwing and catching?

Scenario 2: Someone figured out how to convince the referees to deflate them after they were seized, or, someone gained access and deflated them after they were seized.

Boston - the city with the most vivid imagination this week. The slaying of the Gods. It's gonna take time to settle in.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
Boston - the city with the most vivid imagination this week. The slaying of the Gods. It's gonna take time to settle in.

If you can't dream, you can't win.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
So what's more likely:

Im going to assume you are joking but i think what is very likely is he deflates the ball in bad weather often and this time they deflated more balls than usual. It's my nanny cam svara "you don't have awesome babysitter who happened to have a really bad day the one time you recorded her"

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
Actually I am serious. You think he wants to play different games with differently inflated balls?

Offline Baruch

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »
Actually I am serious. You think he wants to play different games with differently inflated balls?
Yes. Have you ever played football in the cold? The harder the ball is - the tougher it is to catch. Every elementary school kid knows that.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
Yes. Have you ever played football in the cold? The harder the ball is - the tougher it is to catch. Every elementary school kid knows that.
What about throwing?