Author Topic: NFL Master Thread  (Read 264978 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Master Thread
« Reply #760 on: December 17, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
how can u say he doesn't have control when he turns and reaches out.
the league really has over complicated simple stuff really hurts the game
When you are falling to ground making a catch you have to retain possession even after crossing the goal line. I don't like the rule but it was an easy call.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 17, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »
NFL is getting harder and harder to watch. Baseball is getting better and better
If you like to watch grass grow.  :)

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 17, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

NFL is getting harder and harder to watch. it's so bad that ppl may attempt to say baseball is better

ftfy

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 17, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »
When you are falling to ground making a catch you have to retain possession even after crossing the goal line. I don't like the rule but it was an easy call.
he wasn't falling to the ground he turned and reach out for the end zone... replay is not meant for a situation where both teams all fans , the announcers (prob even the refs) think it's a TD until the replay starts taking way too long.... that is not what replays should be for...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:32 PM »
he wasn't falling to the ground he turned and reach out for the end zone...
Watch the reply but clean your glasses first.  :)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #765 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »

ftfy
Look, I'm not going to argue which sport is better. That's a matter of taste. But as a fan of both, I can tell you which way I feel each one is going.

You have injuries, injuries, injuries, pass interference, no pass interference, beautiful touchdowns that aren't considered catches, more injuries vs the Dodgers, Astros, Yankees, Cubs, Nationals, Indians, Angels, Red Sox, and many other teams with young generational talents. It's insane.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
You have injuries, injuries, injuries, pass interference, no pass interference, beautiful touchdowns that aren't considered catches,
Love it!!!

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:17 PM »
Love it!!!
plus 1 beautifully said.
just left out the kneel, no kneel, kneeln fist raised, eating a banana

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:36 PM »
Look, I'm not going to argue which sport is better. That's a matter of taste. But as a fan of both, I can tell you which way I feel each one is going.

You have injuries, injuries, injuries, pass interference, no pass interference, beautiful touchdowns that aren't considered catches, more injuries vs the Dodgers, Astros, Yankees, Cubs, Nationals, Indians, Angels, Red Sox, and many other teams with young generational talents. It's insane.
completely agree

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #769 on: December 17, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »

plus 1 beautifully said.
just left out the kneel, no kneel, kneeln fist raised, eating a banana
Yup, the trend is definitely shifting back from NFL to MLB.
The NFL is going to continue to go through major issues that will take its toll. Going to be really hard to overcome CTE, kneeling, and other issues.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 17, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »
Yup, the trend is definitely shifting back from NFL to MLB.
The NFL is going to continue to go through major issues that will take its toll. Going to be really hard to overcome CTE, kneeling, and other issues.
Trend is shifting? Wake me up when it shifts in baseballs favor. Then been destroyed in the last 30 years.

With all the problems football has the big one they don't have, BORING!!!

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 17, 2017, 11:51:08 PM »
 rule needs to change.

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #772 on: December 18, 2017, 01:47:06 AM »
Trend is shifting? Wake me up when it shifts in baseballs favor. Then been destroyed in the last 30 years.

With all the problems football has the big one they don't have, BORING!!!

Being a Yankee fan most games would not be considered boring. Plenty of the MLB games are but not if you are a fan of certain teams.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:26 AM »
Being a Yankee fan most games would not be considered boring. Plenty of the MLB games are but not if you are a fan of certain teams.
Right up there with golf.  :)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #774 on: December 18, 2017, 08:52:27 AM »
Right up there with golf.  :)
I thought we are discussing sports here.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #775 on: December 18, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
Brady is the GOAT

Pittsburgh would have won by 4 if the ref had at least allowed the catch to be complete, even if not the actual touchdown. Ball was caught and James was not touched, and he was in complete control.
Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000894690/Jesse-James-go-ahead-TD-overturned-ruled-incomplete-pass
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 18, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
Pittsburgh would have won by 4 if the ref had at least allowed the catch to be complete, even if not the actual touchdown. Ball was caught and James was not touched, and he was in complete control.
Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000894690/Jesse-James-go-ahead-TD-overturned-ruled-incomplete-pass
1 - No matter the outcome of the game you can't takeaway the last two minute drive by Brady.
2 - Please learn the rule before making inaccurate comments. He never had control. Not even close.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:12:35 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 18, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
1 - No matter the outcome of the game you can't takeaway the last two minute drive by Brady.
2 - Please learn the rule before making inaccurate comments. He never had control. Not even close.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
agree to the first part. second part is clearly not that simple it took them very long to make that decision and until this year the rule always was it had to be 100%to overturn and clearly since they've turned it over to the league office they have gone away from that and its killing the game imo. can't even celebrate after a td or t.o. because have to wait for the league to look at it

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #778 on: December 18, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »
agree to the first part. second part is clearly not that simple it took them very long to make that decision and until this year the rule always was it had to be 100%to overturn and clearly since they've turned it over to the league office they have gone away from that and its killing the game imo. can't even celebrate after a td or t.o. because have to wait for the league to look at it

the fact that the football passed completely over the goal line would ideally make it a touchdown. There are guys who drag it into the end zone by mere inches who are safe.

This was a very, very close call that really could have been 7 points. And to have to start back at the 10-yard line instead of at the 1-year line after that call is what led to the end of the game interception, etc...
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
The game was on the line so of course they are going to make sure before they overturn the call.
the fact that the football passed completely over the goal line would ideally make it a touchdown. There are guys who drag it into the end zone by mere inches who are safe.

This was a very, very close call that really could have been 7 points. And to have to start back at the 10-yard line instead of at the 1-year line after that call is what led to the end of the game interception, etc...
Again read the rule.
If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone.