Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S6  (Read 34115 times)

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »
Enough backlash
Hopefully. Not to mention my s5 freezes more than I'd like and pulling the battery is the only option. What do you do when the battery is sealed in?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
this is quiet upsetting.

I dont need battery that much being that i drive a lot so i have it charging all he time, but to me a deal breaker is the sd card, i love it that i never have to worry about space.

i love my S5. i have big hands and the note is way to big for me. i havent tried it more than the few times ive seen urs (@dan) or in store, but its almost like the i6+
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
Enough backlash
What backlash? The media is raving over it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »
i love my S5. i have big hands and the note is way to big for me. i havent tried it more than the few times ive seen urs (@dan) or in store, but its almost like the i6+
I felt like that whenever I saw one before I got mine.
Try it for the 2 week return policy and see if you still feel the same way.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »
I felt like that whenever I saw one before I got mine.
Try it for the 2 week return policy and see if you still feel the same way.
Best buy? or verizon?

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »
What backlash? The media is raving over it.
+1

Outside of DDF I never noticed the removable battery being mentioned as a plus anywhere...
Curiosity made the cat smarter.

Offline Gevaldik

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »
But it is. Don't need to be tethered to a plug.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2015, 12:57:47 PM »
Best buy? or verizon?
BB was easy.

+1

Outside of DDF I never noticed the removable battery being mentioned as a plus anywhere...
I mean they wouldn't sell a battery cradle if nobody was using the thing.
But most people don't care.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2015, 01:00:51 PM »
BB was easy.
I mean they wouldn't sell a battery cradle if nobody was using the thing.
But most people don't care.
Thanks

A huge plus to me is the grip i have on the phone. I hated the iphone when i had it being that its slips ou of my hand when using it.

Offline Tankchucker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »
Once you go big you'll never turn back.
+1 Out of all people My bubby has a iPhone 6+

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »
Not sure how people didn't see this coming.

Media consumption has changed completely over the last five years. People no longer walk around with 200 albums of music on their smartphone. Youtube, Spotify and other music apps are how people consume music on their smartphone nowadays. Expandable memory has very little use, and a very small following.

As for the battery, like someone else mentioned on this thread, outside of DDF I don't know anyone that actually swaps out their battery on a regular basis. It requires carrying around a charged battery and restarting your phone.

Samsung needs to make progress if they want to stay relevant, and they cannot do so by clinging to features that appeal to only a small minority of their customer base. Sorry fellas, but this is the future. Replaceable batteries are going the way of the floppy disk and VHS videotape.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »

Media consumption has changed completely over the last five years. People no longer walk around with 200 albums of music on their smartphone. Youtube, Spotify and other music apps are how people consume music on their smartphone nowadays. Expandable memory has very little use, and a very small following.

As for the battery, like someone else mentioned on this thread, outside of DDF I don't know anyone that actually swaps out their battery on a regular basis. It requires carrying around a charged battery and restarting your phone.

Samsung needs to make progress if they want to stay relevant, and they cannot do so by clinging to features that appeal to only a small minority of their customer base. Sorry fellas, but this is the future. Replaceable batteries are going the way of the floppy disk and VHS videotape.
Think out of the box... pictures. yes i take thousands of pictures. I download full leases of 200 pages. i have full text books on there. and so on....

In regards to batteries,  actually always have an extra charged battery in my car for emergencies. You seem not to fully understand how to adjust, carrying around an extra battery sure beats worrying about charging your phone, or carrying around an extra phone.

IN regards o the music, i personally only have 1gb of data, i only can listen to pandora when i am in a wifi zone etc...

and maybe im wrong seems like samsung is keeping up with the most of its competitors. Having expandable memory sounds like a plus, it is not restricting your phone capabilities, and so is the extra battery. i am just unsure how you can make a statement where samsung needs to stay relevent, seems like there up there with the big guns
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:08:04 PM by rots5 »

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »

Can't tell you how much I disagree with that. While it's true that I no longer store any music on my phone, apps and pictures has almost completely filled the 16 internal and 16 SD card I have. at least they were smart enough to make larger memory options.

As for the battery swaps, I haven't used my charger since I got my S5 over six months ago. I just keep a battery charging and keep swapping them out, about once a day. If I'm traveling, I keep 3 battery's which lasts me 3 days of non hassle. In the airport I don't have to chain myself to a sponsored charging station or sit near an outlet in the lounge.

The water resistant option being removed is a bummer. As a lifeguard I'm sad. Tho I'm not sure how many ppl found this to be as usual as I have.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »
Think out of the box... pictures. yes i take thousands of pictures. I download full leases of 200 pages. i have full text books on there. and so on....
I think the idea is that most people are using a cloud service to host things like books and large documents. 

Offline gtyossi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »
You could just get the HTC M9