Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S6  (Read 60620 times)

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »
Not sure how people didn't see this coming.

Media consumption has changed completely over the last five years. People no longer walk around with 200 albums of music on their smartphone. Youtube, Spotify and other music apps are how people consume music on their smartphone nowadays. Expandable memory has very little use, and a very small following.

As for the battery, like someone else mentioned on this thread, outside of DDF I don't know anyone that actually swaps out their battery on a regular basis. It requires carrying around a charged battery and restarting your phone.

Samsung needs to make progress if they want to stay relevant, and they cannot do so by clinging to features that appeal to only a small minority of their customer base. Sorry fellas, but this is the future. Replaceable batteries are going the way of the floppy disk and VHS videotape.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »

Media consumption has changed completely over the last five years. People no longer walk around with 200 albums of music on their smartphone. Youtube, Spotify and other music apps are how people consume music on their smartphone nowadays. Expandable memory has very little use, and a very small following.

As for the battery, like someone else mentioned on this thread, outside of DDF I don't know anyone that actually swaps out their battery on a regular basis. It requires carrying around a charged battery and restarting your phone.

Samsung needs to make progress if they want to stay relevant, and they cannot do so by clinging to features that appeal to only a small minority of their customer base. Sorry fellas, but this is the future. Replaceable batteries are going the way of the floppy disk and VHS videotape.
Think out of the box... pictures. yes i take thousands of pictures. I download full leases of 200 pages. i have full text books on there. and so on....

In regards to batteries,  actually always have an extra charged battery in my car for emergencies. You seem not to fully understand how to adjust, carrying around an extra battery sure beats worrying about charging your phone, or carrying around an extra phone.

IN regards o the music, i personally only have 1gb of data, i only can listen to pandora when i am in a wifi zone etc...

and maybe im wrong seems like samsung is keeping up with the most of its competitors. Having expandable memory sounds like a plus, it is not restricting your phone capabilities, and so is the extra battery. i am just unsure how you can make a statement where samsung needs to stay relevent, seems like there up there with the big guns
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 04:08:04 PM by rots5 »
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline avrumy22

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »

Can't tell you how much I disagree with that. While it's true that I no longer store any music on my phone, apps and pictures has almost completely filled the 16 internal and 16 SD card I have. at least they were smart enough to make larger memory options.

As for the battery swaps, I haven't used my charger since I got my S5 over six months ago. I just keep a battery charging and keep swapping them out, about once a day. If I'm traveling, I keep 3 battery's which lasts me 3 days of non hassle. In the airport I don't have to chain myself to a sponsored charging station or sit near an outlet in the lounge.

The water resistant option being removed is a bummer. As a lifeguard I'm sad. Tho I'm not sure how many ppl found this to be as usual as I have.

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »
Think out of the box... pictures. yes i take thousands of pictures. I download full leases of 200 pages. i have full text books on there. and so on....
I think the idea is that most people are using a cloud service to host things like books and large documents. 

Offline gtyossi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »
You could just get the HTC M9

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »
&spfreload=10
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
Can't tell you how much I disagree with that. While it's true that I no longer store any music on my phone, apps and pictures has almost completely filled the 16 internal and 16 SD card I have. at least they were smart enough to make larger memory options.

As for the battery swaps, I haven't used my charger since I got my S5 over six months ago. I just keep a battery charging and keep swapping them out, about once a day. If I'm traveling, I keep 3 battery's which lasts me 3 days of non hassle. In the airport I don't have to chain myself to a sponsored charging station or sit near an outlet in the lounge.

The water resistant option being removed is a bummer. As a lifeguard I'm sad. Tho I'm not sure how many ppl found this to be as usual as I have.
That is a lot of pictures

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2015, 04:08:59 PM »
That is a lot of pictures

About 5000. Lol

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »

Not that anyone should be telling you how and what to store on your phone, but the way it is supposed to work, is that once your memory is full, you backup your phone and delete the pics from your phone. (except for the ones you want to keep, of course).

Your phone is not an archive storage device. That's what hard drives are for. If 16gb is not enough for you to make it from one backup to the next, then consider 32gb, but don't lug around your entire picture gallery. Backup your pictures once every month or two and start fresh.

Apps take up minimal space, especially the way they are designed today.

When VHS videos were around, I was able to rewind or forward videos with my bare hands. Sadly, I can no longer do that with DVDs or Netflix.

I have a mobile charging pack that fits into my pocket and can charge my phone six times. They run quite cheap on Amazon. Is this better than being able to swap the battery? That is an argument for a different time. The real question is where the future lies, and clearly it is leaning toward non-exchangeable batteries.
[/quote]

I never quite understood this. When they say it is waterproof, does that mean you can take it into the pool?

Same as above. Back up your pictures when the storage fills up. This is something you should be doing regardless of how much storage you have.

In regards to batteries,  actually always have an extra charged battery in my car for emergencies. You seem not to fully understand how to adjust, carrying around an extra battery sure beats worrying about charging your phone, or carrying around an extra phone.

I'm curious, how often do you use the emergency battery? When you do, do you always remember to charge it again and place it back in your car for future emergencies?

IN regards o the music, i personally only have 1gb of data, i only can listen to pandora when i am in a wifi zone etc...

There should be enough built-in storage space for you to keep quite a few albums on your phone.

and maybe im wrong seems like samsung is keeping up with the most of its competitors. Having expandable memory sounds like a plus, it is not restricting your phone capabilities, and so is the extra battery. i am just unsure how you can make a statement where samsung needs to stay relevent, seems like there up there with the big guns

Then maybe you should have a talk with the engineering department at Samsung. Perhaps you should convey your thoughts on this matter, and ask them why they have decided to do away with those two obviously very important features.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2015, 12:04:33 AM »
I watched the event, and got a better understanding about the battery, but not the SD card, yes that 128gb will be good for me, but the price vs a 64gb (or like amount) SD card wouldn't work for me.

And why can't they have better English speaking people do the show?!?

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2015, 06:45:45 AM »
+1 lol

Offline duvz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United MileagePlus, Chase UR, BA Avios, SW Rapid Rewards, Amex SPG
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2015, 06:57:50 AM »
Loving the look of the S6 Edge but I've been strongly considering the Note Edge, just waiting for a good deal and it's on like Donkey Kong! I have Sprint now but holding out until June as to not pay an ETF.

Can't wait to alas hold one of the S6 (edgless) Edges, metal bezel, slick screen, and cool color choices might get my wife's attention. The gizzards do it for me, methinks it'll be lightning fast.

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2015, 07:44:44 AM »
I watched the event, and got a better understanding about the battery, but not the SD card, yes that 128gb will be good for me, but the price vs a 64gb (or like amount) SD card wouldn't work for me.

Lol I never understood why they have the ceo dude who Noone understands giving the keynote. Let him say a 2 min speech and then have someone who speeks English talk.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »
Apps take up minimal space, especially the way they are designed today.
this is based on??

Either it has no use, or it's a website with native app feeling, or a little of both.
["-"]

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »
I am not too upset about the micro sd slot being removed. that is replaced by 32 gig being the standard which is what i have now.

I am still wondering why they got rid of the water resistant. I would use my phone in the rain and near the pool without worrying about it. I also could leave my phone on the table without fear of it getting wet.

as for the removable battery, IMHO I think it was a bad choice to remove it. I saw a review online:

If the iPhone 4 and iPhone 6 got married and had a baby, they would have the galaxy s6. :P

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »

If the iPhone 4 and iPhone 6 got married and had a baby, they would have the galaxy s6. :P
::)
A baby waaay more advanced than his parents I'd have to say...

Offline california

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »
Even in looks the iPhone looks crappie near the S6

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2015, 05:30:52 PM »
Lol I never understood why they have the ceo dude who Noone understands giving the keynote. Let him say a 2 min speech and then have someone who speeks English talk.
Not that the 2 women after the CEO were any better.

For the record, was the word "Google & Android" ever mentioned by the show?