Author Topic: Jetblue- Fly from JFK or LGA?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Jetblue- Fly from JFK or LGA?
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:40 PM »
All things being equal, when choosing a Jetblue NY based flight, are you better off leaving from JFK or LGA?

The reason why I am asking is because I recently took a flight out of T5 in Jfk, and we 'traveled' on the ground for a full 30 minutes past practically every Jfk terminal until we actually got to the runway for takeoff. That made me think, that since T5 is specificity only Jetblue's terminal, they may not be located very close to the runways, and every Jetblue flight needs to travel the ground for 20-30 minutes, thus lengthening the actual arrival time to your destination.

Am i correct in my assumption? If so, is LGA the better option, all things being equal?

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
Re: Jetblue- Fly from JFK or LGA?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:39:42 PM »
All things being equal, when choosing a Jetblue NY based flight, are you better off leaving from JFK or LGA?

The reason why I am asking is because I recently took a flight out of T5 in Jfk, and we 'traveled' on the ground for a full 30 minutes past practically every Jfk terminal until we actually got to the runway for takeoff. That made me think, that since T5 is specificity only Jetblue's terminal, they may not be located very close to the runways, and every Jetblue flight needs to travel the ground for 20-30 minutes, thus lengthening the actual arrival time to your destination.

Am i correct in my assumption? If so, is LGA the better option, all things being equal?

LGA just has a name out there of flights getting delayed or canceled there a lot faster than at JFK.

Offline joelr773

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »

Depends what time in day regarding airports I'd rather sit in jfk especially if it's winter time because lga they would delay or cancel faster then any other airport and the lga airport u can't call it a airport u can call it a ghost house

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 01:19:19 AM »
Not taking in account winter and possible flight cancellations, is it true that Jetblue flights in Jfk always need to do alot of ground traveling just to get to the runway as opposed to Lga?

Offline smart brit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 01:45:55 AM »
Depends where you live, where you will Park your vehicle etc.
I find that lga although there is a lot of delays, it's easier and less stressful then jfk.
But if you are using delta shuttle or us airways it's a real pain

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:45:38 AM »
Not taking in account winter and possible flight cancellations, is it true that Jetblue flights in Jfk always need to do alot of ground traveling just to get to the runway as opposed to Lga?
You definitely have more traffic on the tarmac at JFK. LGA is the first airport to close in NY, then EWR. JFK is always last to close or delay.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 07:59:09 AM »
I agree with everything said here and stress that for me it depends on where I'm departing from (work in Manhattan vs. home in Brooklyn).  I think for someone leaving the city or Westchester LGA would be preferred and someone leaving from Brooklyn or the Island would prefer JFK.  I have a preference for JFK since I rely on public transport (cheap) but if I'm arriving or departing at an odd hour, especially with my wife, I will be taking paid transport and LGA is slightly cheaper. 

Offline MeirS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »

Look at a map!

"Traveling" for 30 minutes has nothing to do with the location of the terminal.
Terminal 5 is the closest terminal to runways 31R, 22R and 22L.
Sometimes ATC makes you go around in circles to accommodate other traffic and sometimes they send you straight to the runway. Same as in any other airport.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
I have a preference for JFK since I rely on public transport (cheap).

Me too, and from CH it is much faster to get to JFK than LGA.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 10:23:18 AM »
If you have an Amex Plat card, maybe hanging out in the Centurion lounge wont be too bad.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
Love LGA. Walk from curb to gate is like 5 steps.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
If you have an Amex Plat card, maybe hanging out in the Centurion lounge wont be too bad.

Or AC ML lounge. Though in JFK you would have lounge at T5 too.