Author Topic: Under Sink Reverse Osmosis + Chill Water + Instant Hot + Shabbos Considerations  (Read 474 times)

Offline EthanBGraber

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I think I am looking for something very specific, which is not on the market. Perhaps multiple systems pieced together. Has anyone done something similar?

1 - Reverse Osmosis Water Under the Sink with a manual spout (Hot and Cold Levers)
2 - After RO, Water can be chilled (I live in FL and want to promote water drinking in the house)
3 - Instant hot system (I heard this shouldn't be from the RO water (not sure why). Instant hot would not be for Shab.
4 - All systems cannot take up too much space together as I have a garbage pull out and and water disposal system
5 - For Shabbos, I want to use this setup. If it required turning one thing off like the chilling component, I am okay with that, if that even would be a problem.

Offline WayBackMachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Following

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Think you're going to have a very hard time accomplishing all of this, especially if space under the sink is limited. Chillers right off the bat are expensive and take up a lot of space. Is that critical? If you can accomplish everything else but have to keep a pitcher filled in the fridge for chilled water is that the end of the world?

Also, what is it you want for shabbos? Both the instant hot and chilling are likely problematic on shabbos, so you just mean the filtering?

For context, I have an insinkerator system with a hot and cold manual faucet, plain filter (though I don't see why you couldn't plumb in RO instead) and the instant hot tank under the sink. In the summer when we want colder water we just fill a pitcher and put it in the fridge.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Think you're going to have a very hard time accomplishing all of this, especially if space under the sink is limited. Chillers right off the bat are expensive and take up a lot of space. Is that critical? If you can accomplish everything else but have to keep a pitcher filled in the fridge for chilled water is that the end of the world?

Also, what is it you want for shabbos? Both the instant hot and chilling are likely problematic on shabbos, so you just mean the filtering?

For context, I have an insinkerator system with a hot and cold manual faucet, plain filter (though I don't see why you couldn't plumb in RO instead) and the instant hot tank under the sink. In the summer when we want colder water we just fill a pitcher and put it in the fridge.
afaik filters are also an issue on shabbos. Ask your lor.

Offline Ver hut gazugt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I think I am looking for something very specific, which is not on the market. Perhaps multiple systems pieced together. Has anyone done something similar?

1 - Reverse Osmosis Water Under the Sink with a manual spout (Hot and Cold Levers)
2 - After RO, Water can be chilled (I live in FL and want to promote water drinking in the house)
3 - Instant hot system (I heard this shouldn't be from the RO water (not sure why). Instant hot would not be for Shab.
4 - All systems cannot take up too much space together as I have a garbage pull out and and water disposal system
5 - For Shabbos, I want to use this setup. If it required turning one thing off like the chilling component, I am okay with that, if that even would be a problem.
when I looked into this a little. It seemed to me the best option would be a water machine. Similar to what they have in offices.

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I never said there is no question about filters. I myself don't use the filter (lchatchila) on shabbos because we use it primarily for the copepods. But there are many shitos that allow it for various scenarios, so I figured I'd ask if that was the goal first. It's not comparable to instant hot or chilling which is almost certainly problematic.