Author Topic: pathway for a confused beginners  (Read 1524 times)

Offline holyland613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
pathway for a confused beginners
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »
Hello
I have had a bofa cc for 7 months(first cc) and acc to credit karma I have 730 credit score I tried to apply for chase freedom visa card and I was denied so I called them 5x to try getting approve and still they said no. The reason bec of age of credit and low credit history. And now I want to try building both age of credit and low credit history. How will i able to to do both so next time I apply for chase freedom visa card and will get accepted and in the future also get a sapphire preferred so can someone help me make like a "map" so I can get approved next time?

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: pathway for a confused beginners
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
Hello
I have had a bofa cc for 7 months(first cc) and acc to credit karma I have 730 credit score I tried to apply for chase freedom visa card and I was denied so I called them 5x to try getting approve and still they said no. The reason bec of age of credit and low credit history. And now I want to try building both age of credit and low credit history. How will i able to to do both so next time I apply for chase freedom visa card and will get accepted and in the future also get a sapphire preferred so can someone help me make like a "map" so I can get approved next time?
Call again, you can do it!

Speak to a supervisor if the rep can't approve you.

Tell them to approve you on the lowest credit line possible.

Good luck.

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Hello

Call again, you can do it!

Speak to a supervisor if the rep can't approve you.

Tell them to approve you on the lowest credit line possible.

Good luck.
+100
If you don't have an account yet with chase then open one & maybe try to have a 10k balance (if possible)

Offline benjie1305

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
Hello

You can do it. Call them and tell them that you pay bills on time (if u hopefully do) and that you need to start building credit somewhere.

Next time aroudn though do a bit of digging and u will see that there is a thread out there already specifically for beginners! >> http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=266.0
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline holyland613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
They are still telling me no what should I do??????

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »
Using the 'credit card for beginers' thread wiki.  Try Discover. or a card from Citbank. if noone will give you a card, try Capital one. wait 4+ months. apply again.
Also credit Karma is a FAKO - fake score not a FICO.
There's a thread about that.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 11:19:52 AM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 11:34:57 AM »
Using the 'credit card for beginers' thread wiki.  Try Discover. or a card from Citbank. if noone will give you a card, try Capital one. wait 4+ months. apply again.
Also credit Karma is a FAKO - fake score not a FICO.
There's a thread about that.
When I tried after 4 months I got declined but another 4 months later I started getting approvals
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.