Author Topic: Staying in 2 bedroom villa in Hawaii using points  (Read 1419 times)

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Staying in 2 bedroom villa in Hawaii using points
« on: January 14, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
I would greatly appreciate any input or experience that someone has had with staying at a villa in either Maui or Kauai using any sort of points or a P+C option. I am aware that there are plenty of great condo/villas for rent on these islands, however I have plenty of available points and prefer not paying much out of pocket. Also the amenities located on either hyatt or starwood properties etc are far better than many other condo rentals. I have never seen 2 bedroom villas available with points online, any ideas?   

Offline 3yummyboys

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Staying in 2 bedroom villa in Hawaii using points
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 01:10:00 PM »
Andaz Maui has beautiful looking villas but I don't know if points can be used. If so, it would be pretty awesome
http://maui.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/villas.html

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
Thank you, I have seen many hyatt and starwood villa options however,I want to redeem points for them.

Offline mochada

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
Try the Westin Princeville. I was going to stay there points and had inquired about upgrading to a larger villa.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »
Thank you, I have seen many hyatt and starwood villa options however,I want to redeem points for them.
What specifically are you looking for when you say villa? If you want a free standing structure, I don't think what you're looking for (ie with points) exists.

Offline CR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
The reason I am saying a villa is because I need 2 bedrooms and some form of kitchen. It can be called anything. I am used to staying at nice resorts and now that this is a family trip, I did love to have a similar experience.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 05:18:08 PM »
The reason I am saying a villa is because I need 2 bedrooms and some form of kitchen. It can be called anything. I am used to staying at nice resorts and now that this is a family trip, I did love to have a similar experience.
Right, exactly what I figured. Try the Westin Ka'anapali. The smallest room ("Studio Premium Villa") is bookable with SPG points online, and the bigger rooms - including the "Two Bedroom Premium Villa" - say "SPG redemption options may be available. For information, call 1-800-937-8461." Be warned though that the smallest room goes for something like 30k/night, can't imagine what the 2br goes for.

Somebody on the Maui thread was planning on staying there, but that person is renting it from a vacation rental owner (something like $500/night).