Author Topic: Mogl.com $10 off $10 per restaurant, per day, per account ONLY in AZ and CA  (Read 5163 times)

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
http://get.mogl.com/spend10get10

Applicable to participating restaurants noted in the link.  They had this promo during the holidays.  It's legit.  I got the cash back and the cash back that I normally would have gotten without the promo.  I had 4 accounts and averaged 6 restaurants each day.  Buy gift cards!  So, whomever is in AZ and CA, enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:52:46 PM by princea143 »

Offline yyss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
anything kosher in la

Offline princea143

• View Profile
anything kosher in la
Sorry, couldn't tell you.   :-\

Offline princea143

• View Profile
I'm wondering why nobody in CA and AZ capitalized on this.  Though most of the participating restaurants are non-kosher, you could always donate the food or sell the credits/gift cards/certs to others depending on the stores.  I've taken out clients for lunch and dinner for the tax writeoffs as well.  Since it started on 12/19/14 (which it goes on every third week of the month, so about 35 effective promo days), I've amassed almost $12k in food/gift cards/certs.  I don't have to spend money on eating out for years haha.  And, I've sold many gcs as well.

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Doesn't look like anything in LA is kosher.

Offline princea143

• View Profile
So, this is the first Kosher establishment that I have personally seen on this site for LA.  There's a current promo for $20 off $20 today only AND for this restaurant after 3pm, you get 20% cash back extra.  DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP (mogl.com), and add email and cc info for it to work! I recommend one card per person.  I've done one card per acccount before for 4 promo months straight (16 accounts), and they flagged me to stop.  The T&Cs were ambiguous and said per account so....  But, they did say that they have changed it to per person from here on out...after $12k+ of damage.  ;)  Many places like Subway, Umami Burger, Togo's, Chronic Tacos, Domino's, Papa John's, and other franchises are on it, and I've been able to buy and resell gcs for good profit.  Not many kosher options, but another possible income stream.  Currently in CA and AZ only.   

http://mogl.info/spend20get20/#losangeles
https://www.mogl.com/biz/chayo-eatery/torrance/ca/90503/4724#modal-cashback

Offline keemster26

• View Profile
So, this is the first Kosher establishment that I have personally seen on this site for LA.  There's a current promo for $20 off $20 today only AND for this restaurant after 3pm, you get 20% cash back extra.  DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP (mogl.com), and add email and cc info for it to work! I recommend one card per person.  I've done one card per acccount before for 4 promo months straight (16 accounts), and they flagged me to stop.  The T&Cs were ambiguous and said per account so....  But, they did say that they have changed it to per person from here on out...after $12k+ of damage.  ;)  Many places like Subway, Umami Burger, Togo's, Chronic Tacos, Domino's, Papa John's, and other franchises are on it, and I've been able to buy and resell gcs for good profit.  Not many kosher options, but another possible income stream.  Currently in CA and AZ only.   

http://mogl.info/spend20get20/#losangeles
https://www.mogl.com/biz/chayo-eatery/torrance/ca/90503/4724#modal-cashback
This place is in Torrance, CA. Not LA.

Offline MaaYanky

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
Doesn't look like anything in LA is kosher.
Any LA people here to look for us? :)

Offline princea143

• View Profile
This place is in Torrance, CA. Not LA.
LA county is what I meant.  Torrance is not very far.

Offline keemster26

• View Profile
LA county is what I meant.  Torrance is not very far.
My bad. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Who pays for this - merchant or Mogl?

Offline princea143

• View Profile
Who pays for this - merchant or Mogl?
Sorry off the grid for a while.  Mogl gives you your promo cash back, and in many cases, the normal cash back depending on the time of purchase.  So, the way it works (as I have spoken to the owners of many of the participating restaurant) is that the restaurant pays a flat rate per month depending on their earnings or whatever is negotiated, and in some cases, they pay the cash back that the customer is entitled to depending on the time of purchase.  The promos each month rotate the participating restaurants, but many times some restaurants are consistently included in the promotions.  I've purchased $100s to $1000s at many restaurants in the past when the T&Cs stated PER ACCOUNT.  Now, it is PER PERSON, so I'm left with $10 X 2 or $20 X 2 per restaurant per day (me and wife). 
So, I work with the owners to purchase credit if they don't sell gcs or certs.  And, when needed, I just order the food in the future for myself or to donate.  Some places require you to buy up-front, but once you get to know the managers or owners, they're pretty open to crediting for future use.  I end up helping small businesses out and feeding the homeless, family, and friends while getting paid for it with points and cash back.  I was able to double dip by using my freedom cards to get the 5X this quarter.  Chase hasn't clawed back the 4 extra points nor the 1 ppd, but some of my other cards that I've used have clawed back the 1 point per dollar credited back.  I probably will dispute that this is not a refund but a credit as they code as Mogl.com cash back and not a refund.
My thoughts are that the more people who participate in the promo and as long as the participating restaurant is part of the promo, it would be beneficial for not just the customer, but also the restaurant as our purchases would offset their monthly dues to Mogl and can even prove to be profitable for them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:53:03 PM by princea143 »

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
Sorry off the grid for a while.  Mogl gives you your promo cash back, and in many cases, the normal cash back depending on the time of purchase.  So, the way it works (as I have spoken to the owners of many of the participating restaurant) is that the restaurant pays a flat rate per month depending on their earnings or whatever is negotiated, and in some cases, they pay the cash back that the customer is entitled to depending on the time of purchase.  The promos each month rotate the participating restaurants, but many times some restaurants are consistently included in the promotions.  I've purchased $100s to $1000s at many restaurants in the past when the T&Cs stated PER ACCOUNT.  Now, it is PER PERSON, so I'm left with $10 X 2 or $20 X 2 per restaurant per day (me and wife). 
So, I work with the owners to purchase credit if they don't sell gcs or certs.  And, when needed, I just order the food in the future for myself or to donate.  Some places require you to buy up-front, but once you get to know the managers or owners, they're pretty open to crediting for future use.  I end up helping small businesses out and feeding the homeless, family, and friends while getting paid for it with points and cash back.  I was able to double dip by using my freedom cards to get the 5X this quarter.  Chase hasn't clawed back the 4 extra points nor the 1 ppd, but some of my other cards that I've used have clawed back the 1 point per dollar credited back.  I probably will dispute that this is not a refund but a credit as they code as Mogl.com cash back and not a refund.
My thoughts are that the more people who participate in the promo and as long as the participating restaurant is part of the promo, it would be beneficial for not just the customer, but also the restaurant as our purchases would offset their monthly dues to Mogl and can even prove to be profitable for them.

You say that in some cases the restaurant pays the cash back. Don't they lose in those cases? How do I know when that is,  so I only purchase when it's beneficial to them?
Also, do I have to 've there and do a physical swipe, or do keyed-in transactions work too?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
Also, is there any current deal?

Offline princea143

• View Profile
You say that in some cases the restaurant pays the cash back. Don't they lose in those cases? How do I know when that is,  so I only purchase when it's beneficial to them?
Also, do I have to 've there and do a physical swipe, or do keyed-in transactions work too?
It really depends on how Mogl and the restaurant negotiate the service/membership.  I've spoken to some owners who say that they pay $199 a month; some $299 or $399.  It may depend on how much advertising they want out of this or their earnings or how big the company is.  Many franchises are part of this also. 
Mogl pays for the $10 off $10, $20 off $20, or whatever promo they advertise).  The cash back part (if applicable) applies to the 1%-30% and up cash back (this is determined by the restaurant) that the restaurant would supposedly pay out to Mogl which goes to the buyer.  It's no different from using a BOGO coupon or Happy Hour or percentage-based coupon.  The only difference is that the restaurant pays the "discount" back at month's end instead of giving the discount upfront.  It's good advertising as the promos bring people to restaurants inside and even outside their area radius.
In addition, there is a challenge at participating restaurants that give more cash back to the first three biggest spenders of the month.  I believe that as long as promos include the participating restaurants consistently, it would be quite profitable for the restaurant.  I've even been in situations where I take people out and the bill goes over the amount of free gcs that I bring from past promo purchase, and I gladly pay out of pocket.  That helps as well.  The point is to make people aware that these restaurants exist, and if their food and service are great, people will keep going back despite the monthly promos.
There is a promo out right now which is 50% off + applicable cash back depending on the time of purchase.  I personally don't participate in these ones unless the gift cards/certs are resellable or the cash back percentage at the restaurant gives and additional 15% or more.  Once signed in, you should be able to receive emails of promos going on. 
TIP: Get to know the managers or owners and pay over the phone to cover more ground and maximize earnings.  Explain to them what's going on so they become comfortable.  You may have to go there the first day to meet them and show that you are not doing anything fraudulent (cards are under your name).  Pick up the gcs/certs on the last day of promo.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
Thanks so much for the clear detail!

Offline ganizzy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Looks like got kosher is on there

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
But there's no more referral or signup bonus.

Offline princea143

• View Profile
Thanks so much for the clear detail!
But there's no more referral or signup bonus.
No problem.
There hasn't been since 2013 I think.  Used to be $5 per referral.  Petty compared to the promos though.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
But the stores pay for the promos. I would only do it if the store isn't harmed by taking advantage of the deals.