Author Topic: Estimate average time of Amex MR points get posted after statement closed  (Read 2261 times)

Offline joykid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
 I just applied for Amex business reward gold that offer sign up bonus 75k MR points after $10k spend. I bought gift cards mostly and mixed it with regular spend and was able to met the minimum spend within a month. I was in hurry because I want the MR points posted so I can take advantage of 40%bonus when transferring MR to Avios as I need to use avios for intra Japan flight award for my japan trip.
My statement closed last week but until now I still haven’t see the sign up bonus points and spending bonus points posted yet. This is weird since with chase and other cards the points posted once statement closed.
I am hesitating to call Amex to expedite the posting of my points because I am afraid it will trigger a financial review. FYI in the past I got financial review after meeting minimum spend for personal and business SPG by buying gift cards to met the minimum spend and pay off the balance with Bluebird and Serve.
What is your experience with this, how fast usually the MR points post into your account? Is it safe to call Amex to expedite posting of my MR points without triggering or alarming them of financial review? Or should I wait (but risk of missing the 40% transfer bonus from MR to Avios that will end this month).

Thanks!

Offline rivki19

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Mine took 2 billing cycles and I didn't meet threshold so it was odd. I called them for my husbands cause we need miles right away and we spent the ten legit within the month but they said won't post till after pay bill and then they send to another office so can be awhile after that arrrrrrrr

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I just applied for Amex business reward gold that offer sign up bonus 75k MR points after $10k spend. I bought gift cards mostly and mixed it with regular spend and was able to met the minimum spend within a month. I was in hurry because I want the MR points posted so I can take advantage of 40%bonus when transferring MR to Avios as I need to use avios for intra Japan flight award for my japan trip.
My statement closed last week but until now I still haven’t see the sign up bonus points and spending bonus points posted yet. This is weird since with chase and other cards the points posted once statement closed.
I am hesitating to call Amex to expedite the posting of my points because I am afraid it will trigger a financial review. FYI in the past I got financial review after meeting minimum spend for personal and business SPG by buying gift cards to met the minimum spend and pay off the balance with Bluebird and Serve.
What is your experience with this, how fast usually the MR points post into your account? Is it safe to call Amex to expedite posting of my MR points without triggering or alarming them of financial review? Or should I wait (but risk of missing the 40% transfer bonus from MR to Avios that will end this month).

Thanks!
Usually by amex (afaik) it will only be on the 2nd statement.
Fyi with chase it's not always the case sometimes it can also take till the 2nd statement.

Offline joykid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Mine took 2 billing cycles and I didn't meet threshold so it was odd. I called them for my husbands cause we need miles right away and we spent the ten legit within the month but they said won't post till after pay bill and then they send to another office so can be awhile after that arrrrrrrr
Wow... did you meet the minimum spend and which MR points that doesn't post? the sign up bonus or the regular spend bonus through the card?

Interesting that some also experience same the issue (MR points doesn't get post immediately after statement closing) ....

Offline joykid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Usually by amex (afaik) it will only be on the 2nd statement.
Fyi with chase it's not always the case sometimes it can also take till the 2nd statement.

Arghh...so is that mean I wouldn't make it in time for Amex MR to Avios 40% transfer bonus promo that end by the end of this month?

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Arghh...so is that mean I wouldn't make it in time for Amex MR to Avios 40% transfer bonus promo that end by the end of this month?
Why don't you call? call and see what they can offer you, their phone reps are very nice, this has nothing to do with the FR department

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
Try moving ur statement date?
That's what I would have recommended you to do if it would be Chase but I don't have experience with amex, I guess it can't hurt to try.

Offline joykid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Why don't you call? call and see what they can offer you, their phone reps are very nice, this has nothing to do with the FR department
Just called and the rep said points pending because I haven’t pay the statement balance, which is around $10k since I bought gift cards to met the $10k spend requirement for 75k sign up bonus. I will pay with bluebird since there is no way I pay $10k cash, I loaded them all into bluebird anyway so I will pay the bills with bluebird bill pay.
Is this safe? appreciate your opinion.

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Yes people say it's safe to pay with BB. I do it also

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
Same here for years already

Offline joykid

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Estimate average time of Amex MR points get posted after statement closed
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
Yes people say it's safe to pay with BB. I do it also

Never get hit by Financial Review (FR)?

Offline rivki19

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 11:04:45 PM »
. I have company for the weekend so I was busy cooking. I did the platinum American Express card. The offer was 100,000 miles after you spend $10,000. I never did spend the 10,000 on my card. However the miles popped up in the second statement. It may been available for a while before that but they definitely weren't available during thefirst statement. I just opened the AMEX platin for my husband with the same hundred thousand dollar offer for spending $10,000 I needed the miles as soon as possible so I called to ask when they would post if I spent the 10,000 in one day. She said they don't post until after the first bill is paid then they send it to an office that has to process them. I'm not sure if this is true or not that's what she told me. I did play around with the closing date because I wanted the bill to closeThe day after I spent the $10,000. At this point it's been three weeks and I still hadn't haven't seen the miles. But then again it hasn't closed. She said it's not possible for to close for at least three or four weeks after I open the card. I don't know if that information helps you at all I'm sorry you're in the same  annoying boat as me.

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
I had the same scenario. Pay the bill and then call them and they will expedite,  and you will get them right away