Author Topic: Promo: use MR on AA & UA  (Read 52331 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Promo: use MR on AA & UA
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »
Hmm you should be able to figure that out yourself
Nope. Can't understand why someone who just started this game would be agonizing to the point of torture about not getting this promo. Feel free to dispel my confusion by telling me you're sitting 5+ MM MR and you need to get 1k by year end.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shoobi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »
Nope. Can't understand why someone who just started this game would be agonizing to the point of torture about not getting this promo. Feel free to dispel my confusion by telling me you're sitting 5+ MM MR and you need to get 1k by year end.

1. A fine legal mind such as yours should be able to discern what is written literally versus colloquially.
2. As has been said many times here, post count is not an indication of expertise. Example of this: your post just now, no wonder you have 20K+
3. I in fact am sitting on several 100K of MR, not MM, but still enough that I can get a ton of value out of this vs. my relatively meager stash of AA and UA miles.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »
Read the T&C of this Promo. #Frightening
Use of the offer by travel agents or to procure tickets for any subsequent sale or attempted sale is expressly prohibited.  You represent that all information that you provide to the American Express Travel representative is true and accurate in all respects, that you intend to use the ticket to fly to the applicable destination associated with the ticket and that you will not seek a refund or credit from the airline.  American Express may audit use of the offer to determine whether there has been any fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of the terms and conditions associated with the offer.  If American Express determines that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations of the terms and conditions or misuse of the offer, American Express may take actions that include, without limitation, delay of booking of any ticket, cancellation of any outstanding booking request(s) and removal of your eligibility for the offer.  For the avoidance of doubt, American Express reserves the right not to book an itinerary for any reason, including but not limited to if the total number of miles you indicate are required for the airline ticket(s) under the applicable airline’s loyalty program does not conform to the applicable airline’s publicly available award mileage table.  Redemption of the offer will be facilitated through a charge of the airline ticket(s) to your Membership Rewards program-enrolled American Express Card.  A credit will be issued to the American Express Card account used in an amount that corresponds to the charge for the amount of the purchase of the airline ticket(s), less the amount of the applicable taxes and fees that you indicated apply to the award ticket under the applicable airline’s loyalty program.  Points will be debited from your Membership Rewards account.  If a charge for a purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your American Express Card account (for example, the Extended Payment Option), the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead the statement credit may be applied to your Pay in Full balance. If you believe this has occurred, please contact us by calling the number on the back of your card.  If you seek a refund or credit from the airline or American Express for a ticket, American Express reserves the right to reverse certain aspects of the original booking of the applicable ticket(s) by: (i) crediting the number of points to your Membership Rewards program account that were originally deducted when the applicable ticket was booked, and (ii) reversing the credit that American Express originally applied to your American Express Card when the applicable ticket was booked.  American Express’s reversal of these aspects of the original booking will result in the original charge associated with the applicable ticket(s) remaining on your American Express Card without a statement credit from American Express.  Accordingly, if the airline did not refund the cost of the ticket(s) to your American Express Card, then you are responsible for paying the original charge on your American Express Card statement associated with the applicable ticket(s). 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:26:17 PM by Hershelsdeals »

Offline yoshi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
Do you have to have an amex platinum business to technically be eligible for this promo, or just an amex open business card?

Offline Ez

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2015, 12:25:40 PM »
Email?

Received it today @ 11:03 AM EST.

In the email title it says "Reminder ..........., here's to you! We'd Like To Thank You: A special offer for air travel"

Although it says "Reminder" which makes it sound like i received it already before, i couldn't find it yet in any of my email addresses.
(Will try to research a little further, will also try to post a screenshot later)

On a side note, the account that received it, is a Business Gold Card with spends of around 500k/M. (Have a platinum too)

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
You are misquoting me, I did not post that.
Mistake. I quoted your post but forgot to remove you

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »

In the email title it says "Reminder ..........., here's to you! We'd Like To Thank You: A special offer for air travel"

Although it says "Reminder" which makes it sound like i received it already before, i couldn't find it yet in any of my email addresses.
(Will try to research a little further, will also try to post a screenshot later)

On a side note, the account that received it, is a Business Gold Card with spends of around 500k/M. (Have a platinum too)
That's great! That means you get 3 points per dollar.

Search email subject "points match".

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »

Can you only use the card it was targeted with?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
1. A fine legal mind such as yours should be able to discern what is written literally versus colloquially.
2. As has been said many times here, post count is not an indication of expertise. Example of this: your post just now, no wonder you have 20K+
3. I in fact am sitting on several 100K of MR, not MM, but still enough that I can get a ton of value out of this vs. my relatively meager stash of AA and UA miles.

Your "extensive experience" with this game, despite your post count, is belied by posts like this:

I can't stand hearing that one new person got it and the rest of us are drooling over this but can't get it... torture

Comes across as a whiny, petulant, over-entitled n00b.  Oh, IMO.

You'd never see a post like that come from anyone who has been around, sorry.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »

they deduct points off your MR acct. You have 1 MR acct for all mr point cards

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »

Nah, as you know there is an offsetting credit.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
Yes

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »

makes sense, big swipers were targeted.. do you have a personal amex supervisor helping you with any needs too?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »
they deduct points off your MR acct. You have 1 MR acct for all mr point cards
I understand that. Was wondering what Hershelsdeals meant by 3x with gold card. Amex charges your card for the tickets and then credits you. Can you chose which card they charge, or is it only the targeted card.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
Nah, as you know there is an offsetting credit.

The credit does not offset the original charge. I can prove it on the statement.

Offline Chapshnell

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »

The credit does not offset the original charge. I can prove it on the statement.

so youre probably getting 2x the points then because the credit claws back 1x/3x the points?

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »
so youre probably getting 2x the points then because the credit claws back 1x/3x the points?
The credit comes through as a customer service adjustment, and does not offset any points

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:52 PM »

Say all you spent on one statement is $10K on these tickets.

You're saying you got a $10k credit and still got 10K MR? I'd be very surprised.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2015, 12:34:47 PM »
Say all you spent on one statement is $10K on these tickets.

You're saying you got a $10k credit and still got 10K MR? I'd be very surprised.
I'll ptove it to you.  Three times the points on the gold

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »
I'll ptove it to you.  Three times the points on the gold

I believe you; just very surprised the offsetting credit doesn't work like a return.