Author Topic: Discover IT card  (Read 89416 times)

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Discover IT card
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »
Where do you see that
I see that when im on the sign-up through Amazon page. Was wondering if thats Amazon's "referral" or is that always, even if I sign-up through a friends referral

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2020, 11:45:04 PM »
I see that when im on the sign-up through Amazon page. Was wondering if thats Amazon's "referral" or is that always, even if I sign-up through a friends referral
link?

Offline herb

• View Profile

Offline justmeha

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2020, 11:51:31 PM »

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »
This quarter is 5% on gas.  Does Discover categorize locations like Amex?

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2020, 05:40:03 PM »
This quarter is 5% on gas.  Does Discover categorize locations like Amex?
BUMP.  Anyone?

Offline ROYA

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2020, 09:01:13 AM »
Hi to all!

Are Discover miles like chase where I can use a mile for a purchase on amazon? I want to know if the cash back card will let me take advantage of future Discover-Amazon offers..

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2020, 05:17:08 PM »
Hi to all!

Are Discover miles like chase where I can use a mile for a purchase on amazon? I want to know if the cash back card will let me take advantage of future Discover-Amazon offers..
With the Discover it® card that has quarterly 5% cashback categories, you can use your cashback to pay for stuff on Amazon and you could participate in the promotions such as this if targeted.

Offline justmeha

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »
*********, don’t miss out on 5% at Wholesale Clubs, Gas Stations, Uber & Lyft

You activated to earn 5% Cashback Bonus® now through June, on up to $1,500 in purchases.*

Plus, you automatically earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.

Want to know where you can earn 5% cash back the rest of the year?

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »
Purchases from https://sameday.costco.com/ showed up on my statement as COSTCO BY INSTACART. They were categorized as Supermarkets and did not earn 5%. I spoke to two reps. The second one agreed to adjust the bonus points manually.

Do purchases at Bingo earn 5%?
I asked Discover. They looked up Bingo in the merchant list and said yes.

Offline dealsrus

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
Purchases from https://sameday.costco.com/ showed up on my statement as COSTCO BY INSTACART. They were categorized as Supermarkets and did not earn 5%. I spoke to two reps. The second one agreed to adjust the bonus points manually.
I asked Discover. They looked up Bingo in the merchant list and said yes.
I used my Discover card in bingo brookly got the 5%

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »
Best Buy added to the 5% cash back list til the end of the quarter.

New! Earn 5% cash back at Best Buy® from Nov 25-Dec 31 in addition to all the places you activated to earn cash back this quarter.
It's free. No login required.
You activated to earn 5% cash back at Best Buy, Amazon.com, Walmart.com & Target.com now through December on up to $1,500 in combined purchases.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2021, 11:30:32 AM »
I saw this on the Chase Freedom discussion:
Bought several Costco shop cards on one of my non used Freedom card to lock in 5%. Purchased it March 30 but card was charged on shipping date April 2..  Is there anything I can do?
Yesterday, I ordered Costco Shop cards and paid with Discover enrolled in the quarterly offer. They didn't ship yet. Should I cancel the order?

Offline qooldude

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2022, 06:20:15 PM »
Bingo seems to keep bouncing back and forth
In the past Discover had a quarter with 5% at wholesale clubs, and bingo keyed in as that.
Recently it has been keying as supermarket and worked in that quarter but it seems that now I'm not getting 6% on my AMEX BCP at bingo 
........|............................|||"|""\__
........|________________|||_|___|)<
........!(@)'(@)"**!(@)(@)****!(@)

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2022, 09:59:20 PM »
Bingo seems to keep bouncing back and forth
In the past Discover had a quarter with 5% at wholesale clubs, and bingo keyed in as that.
Recently it has been keying as supermarket and worked in that quarter but it seems that now I'm not getting 6% on my AMEX BCP at bingo
different banks key differently

Offline margol

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2024, 01:20:37 AM »
Recently got a Discover IT card for the 0% interest.  A few days after approval I got a request from Discover to access my tax records.  I really do not have any interest in them doing that.  They said that if I don't get permission - they will close my account.  But they said that I could just keep paying as agreed the balance on the card.  The card only has 6000 credit limit.  I don't really care about losing it.  It is currently on 0% interest for 12 months.  card is maxed out.  Will it affect me to just let them close it.  The whole point of getting the card was to get the 0% and pay the 6k over time.  Sounds like I can do that even if they close the card....  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2024, 12:48:40 PM »
Recently got a Discover IT card for the 0% interest.  A few days after approval I got a request from Discover to access my tax records.  I really do not have any interest in them doing that.  They said that if I don't get permission - they will close my account.  But they said that I could just keep paying as agreed the balance on the card.  The card only has 6000 credit limit.  I don't really care about losing it.  It is currently on 0% interest for 12 months.  card is maxed out.  Will it affect me to just let them close it.  The whole point of getting the card was to get the 0% and pay the 6k over time.  Sounds like I can do that even if they close the card....  Thoughts?  Thanks!

Card closed by issuer will be visible to other issuers if they ever manually review your credit (e.g. reconsideration call).

Either way, a maxed out card will bump your utilization and affect your credit score and approval odds (how much depends on what else is in your credit file). If you’re going it for the 5% interest you can earn, that’s only a few hundred in APY since the balance decreased. If you don’t have the money to pay it back, it’s a risky way to borrow 6 grand, with usurious interest hitting you hard once the 15 months are up.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2024, 12:49:07 AM »
Assuming they are serious about closing your account, ask them to close your account and to continue paying on those terms. This way, your credit report will show that you closed it, not the card issuer. (You can't fire me, I quit!) This is what I did when Amex wanted to get my tax records.