Topic Wiki

How to get lifetime ban (please write in comments how you got banned and i will add to wiki):
Using the same coupon code on a few separate orders. (I dont know exact know exact number that will get you banned - my total was 98 orders)

How the ban works: According to the rep, if they think any orders were placed for you, they will cancel it.
That includes: your name, address, IP address, email, phone number.

Here are steps attempted to workaround this ban:

Changed billing name and shipping name, but left address the same. Checked out as guest. Seems that my customer number got added to this. - cancelled

Update:
Placed new order under new customer number (created new online profile with my wife`s name), different bill and ship name. Ship address the same - Staples has a really odd system. Even though the orders have my new staples customer number, when i go to my wifes online profile and browse through the orders, it shows me orders that I placed with my old customer number.I placed total of 53 orders. 38/53 were shipped and billed. 15 were cancelled straight off the bat. Seems to me that they may be doing cancellations manually and missed a few orders. Will still try to isolate the solution. I compared orders side by side and have not been able to find a common denominator...

Update 2/15:
Looks like staples caught on and after shipping me the gift cards, cancelled all the transactions with giftcardmall (their provider). They told me that a refund will show on my credit card statement.

Update 5/1:
Looks like some others have gotten banned: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=51610.new#new
« Last edited by JACKSASSONBK on May 03, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

Author Topic: Staples lifetime ban  (Read 19024 times)

Offline Hamavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Staples lifetime ban
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »
Everything new besides cc...Cant I just not put exact name thats on cc and switch address a drop?

Offline JACKSASSONBK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • A simplified wholesale platform
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2018, 08:46:21 PM »
Not sure if im lifetime banned but its back after the whole amex offer situation!
Palletfly.com | JSCORealty.com
Remember who's in charge - G-D

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
Not sure if im lifetime banned but its back after the whole amex offer situation!
Did they claw back?

Offline nobiggy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
Still havent caught on 1 yr later

New IP
New Name
New Card

Basically need to become a new person