Author Topic: BA Avios Reward on AA flight change issue  (Read 862 times)

Offline shidduch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
BA Avios Reward on AA flight change issue
« on: January 23, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »
I will try to be as brief as possible but there are a lot of details to mention here.

In May 2014 we booked avios awards for Pesach 2015.  At the time we booked we couldnt find ideal dates (April 2 - April 12) so we took March 31 through April 13.

A few months later we got an email that our flight numbers on the return were changed.  At some point about 6 weeks ago we called BA to get them to switch our flights to April 12th due to the cancellation (flight number change).  Technically, there was no real change as it was the exact same flight just a different number but he agreed to request that AA open up 5 revenue seats on April 12.  He never called back.

However, earlier this week, we checked our record locator and we saw it listed the flight on April 12 as well as 3 flights on April 13 for the same trip.

My wife called BA today to get our April 12 tickets confirmed and they now show as ticketed on AA.com and our April 13th flights are gone.  However, later on in the call they told us that they will not be able to put us on a flight on April 12 due to the fact that its a different fare class and that they will have to put us back on April 13 which is no longer available.  My wife is concerned that we may lose our seats on the return alltogether.  I dont think they can make us lose our seats.

Has anyone had experience in a situation like this.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: BA Avios Reward on AA flight change issue
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
Do you have a ticket which confirms your seats on the 4/12 flights?

If you call/login AA what do they say/show?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shidduch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
Im not sure if this is what you mean, but when we log onto aa.com with the PNR it shows as ticketed.

Offline shidduch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »
UGH, now they changed it back to April 13 as they said they would. Are they allowed to do that if I had a ticket on the 12th and just take it away like that.