Topic Wiki

Selling GC tips.

Giftcardgranny.com and giftcardwiki.com are good aggregators for best rates. Be wary of selling on Ebay as buyer can put in a false claim that it was empty and you can get screwed.

Cardpool:
Verification: 415-419-8787 between the hours of 1230pm - 930pm ET. Have your order # ready.
Offers an extra 6% if taken in the form of amazon GC and will also pay quicker than a check.
If you haven't heard from them give them a call it may be stuck in verification. Large total value is a trigger.

GiftCardZen:
Will cancel the full sale if one of the GC are incorrect.

In general if an order gets cancelled, it's possible those gc are *tarnished* and you may have trouble unloading them. It is possible these sites communicate with each other in this regard as well. In this case you can do the PITA method of using the GC to buy/return items and get a new gc issue.

Author Topic: Buying/Selling Gift Cards Online Master Thread  (Read 80816 times)

Offline uropsych

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Buying/Selling Gift Cards Online Master Thread
« on: January 24, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »
I started using card cash when the deals were posted here.  I have seen alot of poor feedback on other sites but felt that if dan was promoting it, it was safe.  I made a few purchases without incident but recently had a few issue.  I purchased a gift card that was to be digital delivery but it never came and I purchased a card that did not work.  I sent numerous emails but never heard back.  I called and waited on hold over 2 hrs and was told I would receive  the card I purchased by the end of the day but never did.  I called back and the women told me that "the new people dont know what they are doing" and she would take care of it, but she never did.  Any ideas short of BBB reports (which I see are Numerous)
Is there another number to call that bypasses the 2 hr wait?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:50:15 PM by jj1000 »

Offline yissymo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: cardcash
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »
I also just had a very disappointing experience with them. It was frustrating with the calling in, so I sent an email to the following email addresses, all at once, and flagged it 'Urgent':
support@cardcash.com
sales@cardcash.com
info@cardcash.com
jeremy@cardcash.com

My issue was resolved within 72 hours.

Good Luck!

Offline uropsych

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
will try and will let you know

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »
Same. I called them after an issue with them not sending a gift card. They were tough to get a hold of but when I finally reached them they made good on the issue.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 11:00:38 PM »
Email Dansdeals@cardcash.com
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 07:11:54 AM »
If you're in Lkwd you can walk into their office.

Offline cf

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »
After canceling my order with them and getting a confirmation email that my order was cancelled (I didn't know that I won't get the gift card code right away). I got my cc bill today and I see they never credited my cc!

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
After canceling my order with them and getting a confirmation email that my order was cancelled (I didn't know that I won't get the gift card code right away). I got my cc bill today and I see they never credited my cc!
Email Dansdeals@cardcash.com

Offline uropsych

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »
contacted the dans email and finally got a response.  They said they would email the card immediately but turns out the cannot.  They then said they will refund but no word on when.  Should have been immediate.  Still have not heard back about my invalid 20 dollar card.
Never had a problem like this with any other dans product....

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »
Try tweeting them... Until they help you. That's what I did

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »
Many reports all over the place about poor service. That is not a good sign for a company like this. I would look other places until they get their act together.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »
Many reports all over the place about poor service. That is not a good sign for a company like this. I would look other places until they get their act together.
when they partnered with wal-mart on christmas their customer service needs quadrupled and IME it's doing much better than it was then seems like they are in middle if getting the overload cleaned up

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 06:31:47 PM »
when they partnered with wal-mart on christmas their customer service needs quadrupled and IME it's doing much better than it was then seems like they are in middle if getting the overload cleaned up
you seem to be somehow affiliated  with them, why don't you have them improve their service rather then just protect them and be their spokesperson here on ddf
I also had bad experience with them, there should be no need for the customers to chase them for days when getting bad gift cards, or when they "claim they never recieved the gc I sold to them"

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
you seem to be somehow affiliated  with them, why don't you have them improve their service rather then just protect them and be their spokesperson here on ddf
I also had bad experience with them, there should be no need for the customers to chase them for days when getting bad gift cards, or when they "claim they never recieved the gc I sold to them"
I do know some of their employees and I'm trying to help people here by explaining what is going on, do you have a problem with that? I have no personal gain whatsoever if they make billions today or collapse overnight you OTOH seem to be out to make sure they fall apart

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »
Problems started before Christmas.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
Problems started before Christmas.
I didn't have issues before christmas although after christmas it took 3 weeks to get a refund (which actually worked out good for me because discover only clawed back the regular 1% CB and not the extra 4% for spending online) during holiday season they were also backed up but that was nothing compared to the walmart partnership

Offline uropsych

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »
with the exception of the marketing director no one has gotten back to me in.  they did send my dicks gift card after 8 days and 7 emails but it has no pin ans is worthless.  the marketing director is looking into it but still no word on a refund on this or my 20 dollar zappos gift card.  I offered to accept a different card but they said no.  This is the only dans deal I have ever participated in that is a complete bust.  I am actually dissapointed that they are still being promoted on this site.

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »
I also just had a very disappointing experience with them. It was frustrating with the calling in, so I sent an email to the following email addresses, all at once, and flagged it 'Urgent':
support@cardcash.com
sales@cardcash.com
info@cardcash.com
jeremy@cardcash.com

My issue was resolved within 72 hours.

Good Luck!

Thanks, I sent an email to all these email addresses about an issue I had and it ultimately was resolved.

Offline bukin86

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »
I have seen a lot of negative feedback and much possibly deserved but just wanted to share MY story:

Ordered cards from Israel for my mom. It took a while to get there and by the time it did my mom didn't realize and had them in a pile of letters. I had corresponded with CC's CS and they sent me online versions. My mom said she didnt want online versions and after about 4 weeks, I finally got around to calling them. They picked up after about 30 seconds of waiting, and after a few minutes, the wonderful CS rep submitted my entire order for a refund on the condition I send in a letter saying I won't use the cards if they show up.

Turns out in those 4 weeks my mom opened up the letter with the cards, even used one of them and didnt tell me. I called to tell her about the refund and she said that she has them.

Quick email and response later, the refund was stopped and my mom is happy with the cards.

I look forward to buying many more cards for our upcoming trip to the states.

Just thought I would add something positive! Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes and made their CS a lot more efficient!

Offline SBS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »
Did anyone have issues with selling GC to CardCash?
Available for Sha'alos