Topic Wiki

Selling GC tips.

Giftcardgranny.com and giftcardwiki.com are good aggregators for best rates. Be wary of selling on Ebay as buyer can put in a false claim that it was empty and you can get screwed.

Cardpool:
Verification: 415-419-8787 between the hours of 1230pm - 930pm ET. Have your order # ready.
Offers an extra 6% if taken in the form of amazon GC and will also pay quicker than a check.
If you haven't heard from them give them a call it may be stuck in verification. Large total value is a trigger.

GiftCardZen:
Will cancel the full sale if one of the GC are incorrect.

In general if an order gets cancelled, it's possible those gc are *tarnished* and you may have trouble unloading them. It is possible these sites communicate with each other in this regard as well. In this case you can do the PITA method of using the GC to buy/return items and get a new gc issue.

Author Topic: Buying/Selling Gift Cards Online Master Thread  (Read 81687 times)

Offline bermo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Buying/Selling Gift Cards Online Master Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2016, 11:42:32 AM »

Has anyone else sold Speedway GC's to Cardcash/ABC lately?

They seem to have a little scam running where their dropdown menu lists 4 different types of Speedway cards including a "Food and Merchandise" GC. I sent in "Fuel and Merchandise" cards multiple times over the last few months and they were always changed from the one i selected on the dropdown menu. Didnt make a difference which one i chose they changed it every time. Sales price was the same for all.

The difference appears when you take an eBay/Amazon etc. GC as your payment form instead of check. They change the card type, from one speedway to another and change the payment back to check and give you the lower amount on the GC exchange. It has cost me >5% several times. Difference between 94.5% - 86% and the last time it was 90.3% to 86%.

I've tried CS call, email etc. no one responds. Any ideas on how to get them to respond?

Never had a issue. Although I Always got paid cash.
Which type of gc did you send In? And what did they change it to?
Did you try to email the dans deals email?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2016, 11:48:48 AM »

Never had a issue. Although I Always got paid cash.
Which type of gc did you send In? And what did they change it to?
Did you try to email the dans deals email?
Fixed it to make it a bit more clear. SPEEDWAY GC. They changed it to a different type Speedway card. AFAIK they are all the same Gas GCs just different names. I dont want to get DD involved in my personal sales. That email is for deal posted on DDMS AFAIK. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline bermo

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »
Fixed it to make it a bit more clear. SPEEDWAY GC. They changed it to a different type Speedway card. AFAIK they are all the same Gas GCs just different names. I dont want to get DD involved in my personal sales. That email is for deal posted on DDMS AFAIK.
it doesn't make sense that the Cash payout is the same and the gc payout is different.. Sounds like a mistake in the system..
(side note did you ever wonder why gap old Navy and banana have different rated even though they can be used in all three stores)

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »

(side note did you ever wonder why gap old Navy and banana have different rated even though they can be used in all three stores)
Always bothered me

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
it doesn't make sense that the Cash payout is the same and the gc payout is different.. Sounds like a mistake in the system..
Did you ever bother reading their site??? They always offer more if you exchange for an Ebay/Amazon/Hotels.com/Dell etc GC. Its not a mistake at all its their businesa model. Offer less on cash payout than on partner GC.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline bermo

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
Did you ever bother reading their site??? They always offer more if you exchange for an Ebay/Amazon/Hotels.com/Dell etc GC. Its not a mistake at all its their businesa model. Offer less on cash payout than on partner GC.
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that for example if for speedway gas and speedway food and speedway they offer 86% cash then all three should get the same 90% Amazon gift card. And it would be mistake if one of them got 93% Amazon gc

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that for example if for speedway gas and speedway food and speedway they offer 86% cash then all three should get the same 90% Amazon gift card. And it would be mistake if one of them got 93% Amazon gc
I think you misunderstood me. They all offer the same payout for cash and a higher payout for GC exchange. The issue is that they change the card received to a different Speedway card, which automatically defaults it to the cash payout rate and then they pay out the GC exchange at the cash rate.

Offline bermo

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
I think you misunderstood me. They all offer the same payout for cash and a higher payout for GC exchange. The issue is that they change the card received to a different Speedway card, which automatically defaults it to the cash payout rate and then they pay out the GC exchange at the cash rate.
Correct I didn't understand.
Just to be clear you traded in a $100 gc and asked to get a $90 amazon gc and you ended up getting a $86 amazon gc?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:49:05 PM by bermo »

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
Correct I didn't understand.
Just to be clear you traded in a $100 gc and asked to get a $90 amazon gc and you ended up getting a $86 amazon gc?
eBay, but thats the idea.

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »
I've always been bothered by different cards for same underlying vendor, both the gas/food issue AND the different brands taken under the same parent (however, I believe the latter is less of an issue).  I've always sent in cards as the item they are branded for to be on the safe side.  Haven't exchanged for many GC's so I haven't experienced the auto-switch issue.

CardCash/ABC has always been VERY good at responding to me.  Perhaps the issue you're speaking of Hvaces is going over the CS reps head.  I think PUTPAC would be best.  I've had contact with them on twitter too.

I AM currently waiting on a payment from them and a couple refunds, all totaling around 2k.  They're behind schedule on all of them at this point but i'm giving them until the end of the week, perhaps a little cashflow hicup. 

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
I've always been bothered by different cards for same underlying vendor, both the gas/food issue AND the different brands taken under the same parent (however, I believe the latter is less of an issue).  I've always sent in cards as the item they are branded for to be on the safe side.  Haven't exchanged for many GC's so I haven't experienced the auto-switch issue.

CardCash/ABC has always been VERY good at responding to me.  Perhaps the issue you're speaking of Hvaces is going over the CS reps head.  I think PUTPAC would be best.  I've had contact with them on twitter too.

I AM currently waiting on a payment from them and a couple refunds, all totaling around 2k.  They're behind schedule on all of them at this point but i'm giving them until the end of the week, perhaps a little cashflow hicup.
If the CS rep would speak english i would deal with them directly. The issue is that they have a card on their list mislabeled. They run their outfit like a shady operation. Overseas CS, no physical address,  phoney email names, no US people to talk to when you have a real issue. Different pricing on Cardcash and ABC buy and sell. All of this is sketchy. Im still surprised that i even get paid.

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2016, 01:54:05 PM »
They've resolved all but one issue I had with them when I posted on 6/8.  The outstanding issue is a sell order which I processed by electronic delivery on 6/3.  Usually they turn these around in a day but it's still "processing."  Also, both ABC/Cardcash sites have been wonky... which is sketchy. 

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2016, 02:04:08 PM »
Has anyone else sold Speedway GC's to Cardcash/ABC lately for GC exchange?

They seem to have a little scam running where their dropdown menu lists 4 different types of Speedway cards including a "Food and Merchandise" GC. I sent in "Fuel and Merchandise" cards multiple times over the last few months and they were always changed from the one i selected on the dropdown menu. Didnt make a difference which one i chose they changed it every time. Sales price was the same for all.

The difference appears when you take an eBay/Amazon etc. GC as your payment form instead of check. They change the card type, from one speedway to another and change the payment back to check and give you the lower amount on the GC exchange. It has cost me >5% several times. Difference between 94.5% - 86% and the last time it was 90.3% to 86%.

I've tried CS call, email etc. no one responds. Any ideas on how to get them to respond?
I don't remember the exact details, there are differences between Speedway GCs. Some can only be used for merchandise and not fuel or something like that, therefore they have different resale prices.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:06 PM »
I don't remember the exact details, there are differences between Speedway GCs. Some can only be used for merchandise and not fuel or something like that, therefore they have different resale prices.
Same resale price.
This had nothing to do with that.
They partially made good so far. But no return emails or phone calls. Ver unprofessional.

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2016, 01:37:03 PM »
Cardpool offers $75 for $100 Jiffy GC, but doesn't offer online redemption.  Does anyone know if it will work if I just print out the egift card and mail that piece of paper?

Offline bermo

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »
Cardpool offers $75 for $100 Jiffy GC, but doesn't offer online redemption.  Does anyone know if it will work if I just print out the egift card and mail that piece of paper?
They say it won't work.

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
They say it won't work.
"They" as in Cardpool or people you know?

Offline bermo

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2016, 02:14:58 PM »
"They" as in Cardpool or people you know?
Cardpool

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »
Anyone have experience with cardhub.com? (I'm looking to buy, not sell.) Thanks.
ETA: BTW, why is this thread in JS? ??? It took me a long time to find it; I only looked here after all else failed... ::)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:05:09 PM by Iz »

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 06, 2016, 12:56:26 AM »
I just sold a few physical GC's to Cardpool.  They gave me a free shipping label that says $0.675 on it.  Do I still need to purchase tracking and insurance?  How would I do this, and is it worth the price?