Author Topic: National Emerald Club  (Read 340573 times)

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Re: National Emerald Club
« Reply #1620 on: July 07, 2023, 01:01:54 AM »
I was threatened that I would be put on because of an insurance issue on an accident
I suppose you can call and ask
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 12, 2023, 03:19:11 PM »
What does Executive Elite give you more than Executive?

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 13, 2023, 10:22:19 AM »
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 07, 2023, 06:47:01 PM »
I'm trying to book a one-way rental, and the only corpcodes I could find that come with unlimited one-way mileage and have reasonable rates only come with unlimited miles for full size or lower. It's built-in to the terms of these codes. It includes the following language: "Authorized one-way rentals include a flat rate that includes unlimited mileage and no drop fee charges for compact through full size cars. Other car class categories will be charged the base rate plus mileage."

Anyone know if emerald isle upgrades would qualify for the free mileage one-way rate, or would it then be considered a higher class and calculate a mileage charge upon return?

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 07, 2023, 06:58:55 PM »
I'm trying to book a one-way rental, and the only corpcodes I could find that come with unlimited one-way mileage and have reasonable rates only come with unlimited miles for full size or lower. It's built-in to the terms of these codes. It includes the following language: "Authorized one-way rentals include a flat rate that includes unlimited mileage and no drop fee charges for compact through full size cars. Other car class categories will be charged the base rate plus mileage."

Anyone know if emerald isle upgrades would qualify for the free mileage one-way rate, or would it then be considered a higher class and calculate a mileage charge upon return?
Check your receipt
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 07, 2023, 07:03:43 PM »
My question is for a future rental so I don't know what the receipt will be if I drive out with something larger than full size. The confirmation terms include unlimited mileage, but I want to know if that could change if I take something larger. I don't want to risk a $3000 bill, and we won't fit into a sedan.

The quote above is from Wayne State University's pamphlet from National.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 07, 2023, 07:13:41 PM »
My question is for a future rental so I don't know what the receipt will be if I drive out with something larger than full size. The confirmation terms include unlimited mileage, but I want to know if that could change if I take something larger. I don't want to risk a $3000 bill, and we won't fit into a sedan.

The quote above is from Wayne State University's pamphlet from National.
On the way out confirm your receipt
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 07, 2023, 07:45:29 PM »
Thanks for your response.

Once I check the receipt and I see a per mile rate, what could I do at that point? Is there a way to loop around without starting the rental? IIRC you must exit once in the exit booth lane. I presume I would have to go check the car back in, pay for the shortest term rental and then go with another reservation.

Also, I have 2 return flights booked, one for my arrival airport (SEA) and one for GTF. So far, the price difference between the cheapest confirmed unlimited miles rate and my round trip rate is $1100, so I'm sort of hinging my itinerary on whether the Emerald Isle reservation would work.

Offline Yo ssi

• View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 07, 2023, 07:48:19 PM »
Thanks for your response.

Once I check the receipt and I see a per mile rate, what could I do at that point? Is there a way to loop around without starting the rental? IIRC you must exit once in the exit booth lane. I presume I would have to go check the car back in, pay for the shortest term rental and then go with another reservation.

Also, I have 2 return flights booked, one for my arrival airport (SEA) and one for GTF. So far, the price difference between the cheapest confirmed unlimited miles rate and my round trip rate is $1100, so I'm sort of hinging my itinerary on whether the Emerald Isle reservation would work.
I would assume you'll be fine, but definitely double check and let them know if you have a complaint you can always backup..
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 08, 2023, 06:00:03 PM »

Sent them an email yesterday to get clarity on this and no response yet.
I called CS twice today. First rep said there wouldn't be a mileage charge on the upgrade, second rep said there would.

I also called the billing dept twice, with the same result. One rep said no mileage charge, the other said there would be. None of the no fee reps wanted to send me an email confirming this....

Back to square one.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 06:24:51 PM by AYHG »

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 09, 2023, 05:02:30 PM »
Sent them an email yesterday to get clarity on this and no response yet.
I called CS twice today. First rep said there wouldn't be a mileage charge on the upgrade, second rep said there would.

I also called the billing dept twice, with the same result. One rep said no mileage charge, the other said there would be. None of the no fee reps wanted to send me an email confirming this....

Back to square one.
i have done it 3 times over the last few months, works well.
 i did jfk to yul -- yul-lga--- jfk-yul

Reserved full size, picked up a Wagoneer in the executive aisle
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 05:15:19 PM by Yosel »

Offline AYHG

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 09, 2023, 07:12:45 PM »
i have done it 3 times over the last few months, works well.
 i did jfk to yul -- yul-lga--- jfk-yul

Reserved full size, picked up a Wagoneer in the executive aisle

Thanks!

Did you reserve the full-size rental with a code that charged mileage on higher class vehicles, or was it the standard rate? (the standard rate doesn't differentiate between classes).

Offline Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 04, 2023, 09:04:29 PM »
can i match Hertz President Circle status to Emerald Club?

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #1633 on: November 04, 2023, 09:13:28 PM »
can i match Hertz President Circle status to Emerald Club?
Yes.
Most car rental agencies will status match.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline pesach2020

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 07, 2023, 01:56:53 AM »

I would assume it refers to Car Class you are being charged,Not what you are actually driving. Your contract is the price you pay based on a car class which  for aisle is midsized. The actual car you are driving is irrelevant to the contract

Offline shmiel1429

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: November 15, 2023, 05:09:42 PM »
I made reservations for a car at Ft Lauradale with a code, I'm looking to purchase liability insurance online it has no option. Would anyone know if they would allow me to buy liability insurance when I pick up my car?

Any other suggestions on where I can purchase liability insurance for a car rental? Collision I will be using my credit card

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 15, 2023, 10:03:01 PM »
I made reservations for a car at Ft Lauradale with a code, I'm looking to purchase liability insurance online it has no option. Would anyone know if they would allow me to buy liability insurance when I pick up my car?

Any other suggestions on where I can purchase liability insurance for a car rental? Collision I will be using my credit card
by the counter for sure they would let, probably by the gate as well, if you want to skip the counter

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 20, 2023, 01:58:38 PM »
Does National charge for mileage on rentals of luxury vehicles? I was booking a one way rental and it said unlimited mileage, but the rep on the phone told me I will get charged for every mile I drive.
Is that correct and is that because its a one way or because its a luxury rental? (I really wanted to book it because it was only $10 more)

Offline Stallion114

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Choice Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #1638 on: November 21, 2023, 07:14:42 PM »
Need a oneway rental and was planning to use an award cert.
Location only showing in town vehicles available.

Can I book in town with cert then call and change drop off with no fee since it’s a cert?

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 21, 2023, 09:38:52 PM »
Need a oneway rental and was planning to use an award cert.
Location only showing in town vehicles available.

Can I book in town with cert then call and change drop off with no fee since it’s a cert?
Yes.