Author Topic: AA Audit  (Read 24624 times)

Offline TAVI

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: AA Audit
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 11:44:57 PM »
i'm really confused by all these threads. and not just AA, but any other frequent flyer program. how would they be able to distinguish between someone who sells miles, vs a legitimate use of one booking flights for friends or family?

i mean i recently invited friends from Israel to join us for a trip to Asia and got them tickets using my AA miles. or i often book tickets for my in laws to visit us in ny. as far as i know this is perfectly allowed. but again, how can this be distinguished from an unlawful activity i don't understand.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »
i'm really confused by all these threads. and not just AA, but any other frequent flyer program. how would they be able to distinguish between someone who sells miles, vs a legitimate use of one booking flights for friends or family?

i mean i recently invited friends from Israel to join us for a trip to Asia and got them tickets using my AA miles. or i often book tickets for my in laws to visit us in ny. as far as i know this is perfectly allowed. but again, how can this be distinguished from an unlawful activity i don't understand.
A bit of brains - IP addresses, CC match, volume of ticket for other names, how its was booked etc

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »
A bit of brains - IP addresses, CC match, volume of ticket for other names, how its was booked etc

i book tickets from different IP addresses, whether its my work, or home, or my parents house, or when im traveling, which is quite a bit.
now, granted, i believe i always use my CC as i purchase the tickets, but sometime my wife will book tickets for her parents and will use her CC, and her last name is different than mine.
and thinking about it, i probably booked only few tickets for myself, mostly its my family, so volume means nothing. most business travelers i know utilize miles to book tickets for family members.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 12:05:21 AM »
i book tickets from different IP addresses, whether its my work, or home, or my parents house, or when im traveling, which is quite a bit.
now, granted, i believe i always use my CC as i purchase the tickets, but sometime my wife will book tickets for her parents and will use her CC, and her last name is different than mine.
and thinking about it, i probably booked only few tickets for myself, mostly its my family, so volume means nothing. most business travelers i know utilize miles to book tickets for family members.
Leave it up to them. I found with AA 97% of the shut downs were indeed accounts that which violated the T&C.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline JoeCha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club, Expedia+ Silver
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
I'd say they're not wrong in 99.99% of the shutdowns.
"There is no such thing as bad whiskey. Some whiskeys just happen to be better than others" ― William Faulkner

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 09:46:30 AM »
IIRC about a month
So 4 months means safe?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2015, 10:11:14 PM »
Someone I know got this one earlier today.

""Dear Mr. XXXXX,

My name is XXXXX and I am a manager with American Airlines.

One of my responsibilities is investigating potential violations of AA.Com Site Usage and General AAdvantage® Program Conditions provisions.

It has been brought to our attention that you have requested and received upgrades on your BA mileage (award) tickets.

American Airlines does not allow upgrades on these type of tickets.

If you desire travel in a higher cabin, you will be required to use the appropriate mileage for that cabin. 

AADVANTAGE UPGRADES ARE NOT VALID FOR USE IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY AADVANTAGE AWARD. THIS INCLUDES AGENCY OR INDUSTRY FREE AND DISCOUNTED TICKETS.

As you have noticed you have been restricted from on-line check-in and at this time you are required to see an agent for check-in using award tickets.""

Seems like it might start to be risky to use upgrades on Avios tickets.. Dan, no more private first class ORD-CLE for DO trips.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
I don't understand. They can't properly configure their system when to properly apply upgrades and it's your fault?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:24 PM »
I don't understand. They can't properly configure their system when to properly apply upgrades and it's your fault?

Seems so.

You know the motto "If WE did something wrong, it's YOUR fault".
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »
Seems so.

You know the motto "If WE did something wrong, it's YOUR fault".
Sounds just like my boss.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 10:37:51 PM »

Their system seemed pretty well configured any time I ever tried to apply and upgrade to an award ticket. Unless there is some backdoor way of playing with the fare bucket code, in which case I wouldn't exactly say that it's their system's fault for not picking up on it.

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
What's the safest way to book AA award tickets for other people? I guess I'm asking what are the dont's? Besides for making sure you pay with the account holders CC.

AA is anxiously awaiting for a good answer here so they know what to add to their flag list.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »
AA is anxiously awaiting for a good answer here so they know what to add to their flag list.
lol +1
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 10:09:56 AM »
Sadly, not a joke.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2015, 02:12:54 AM »
Any ideas on how to go about fighting An aa audit? Please pm.

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 03:17:14 AM »
Hari Kari

Offline jfkeze

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 12:35:41 PM »

AA doesn't play games, if you violated the T&C of the program, expect frozen account, lost miles and any outstanding bookings to be cancelled, perhaps even at the gate forcing passengers to buy upfront tickets.
AA has a VERY strong Audit team and doesn't play ball...

If on the other hand you believe that you have not violated T&C , etc, give AA all the info they request and usually things work out, also even if you did violate T&C confessing and repenting can sometimes limit the impact (e.g. they might confiscate only partially your miles in the account)

Read up on FT about the Audit process, but the TL/DR answer is "You are screwed!"  :)

Offline Knak Yankel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite,
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »
I got this email below.

any one can help? Please!

I tried replying to them with all info, but my account is still locked.

this mean i cant fly any more with AA.com?

---
Mr. ******,

My name is *****, and I am an analyst with American Airlines. One of my responsibilities is investigating possible instances of fraud, misrepresentation, and violations of the General AAdvantage Program Conditions. Today, I’m writing you about your AAdvantage® account # ******.

We have reason to believe that the transactions listed below violate one or more of the AAdvantage® program conditions. This includes, but is not limited to, prohibition of purchase, sale, or barter of mileage credit and or award tickets. As a result, American Airlines has suspended your AAdvantage® membership privileges and use of AA.com® in conjunction with your account – and may terminate your account as a result of our findings. We are in the process of completing the investigation into this matter, and I would like to hear the events as they occurred from your perspective. Please respond to this message by 3pm, CST, Wednesday,  2016, with complete and accurate information regarding the activities listed below:

********** – one ***,000 mileage award – * passenger

Required Information:

·         Passenger name

·         Origin and destination cities on the travel itinerary

·         Purchaser name (individual, company and/or website), including:

·   Copy of any advertisements to which you responded offering to purchase/broker the use of your AAdvantage® miles

·         Purchaser contact information, such as:

·   Mailing address

·   Email address

·   Telephone number

·   Website profile name

·         Your statement fully disclosing the details surrounding the sale/barter transaction referenced above

·         Copy of all communication between yourself and the purchaser

·         Documentation that you received payment

To protect and retain the integrity of the AAdvantage® program, it is vital that firm action be taken as a result of any violation of the AAdvantage® Program Conditions, whether intentional or not. Failure to respond completely and accurately by November 9, 2016, will result in the termination of your AAdvantage® membership and all its benefits, including all remaining AAdvantage® miles in your account and any award tickets issued from it.

Please, understand that our overall motivation is to preserve the benefits of the AAdvantage® program, rather than to take punitive action against individuals. To that end, it’s not unusual for us to release the AAdvantage® account suspension once we receive all the detail we request and reconcile it with the results of our investigation. We hope to hear from you soon.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »
What did you actually do?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Knak Yankel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite,
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
what they saying...  :(
i sold to a broker.