Author Topic: Delta Sky Club One Day Passes question  (Read 4185 times)

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Delta Sky Club One Day Passes question
« on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »
Hoping someone can clarify for me - I have several Delta Sky Club one day passes that were gifted to me by a friend. With the new devaluation and changes to access for guests, would my 13 and 16 y.o. children need their own passes to be allowed to enter with my husband and me at the JFK Sky Club? If so, short of waiting until we get to NY for our flight to TLV and purchasing passes for them there, what is the quickest way to get them? - I am not seeing an option to purchase online because we are flying up on a separate itinerary where the domestic and international portions of our trip are not linked.
Thanks!
Sherri

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
Re: Delta Sky Club One Day Passes question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
Regardless of DL's policy change RE: AMEX Plat access, One Day Passes were always only valid for one entry - no guests.

I believe that one day passes can be purchased online as a 'Trip Extra'.
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
From Delta's Website:
ONE-DAY PASS
Must be tied to a flight itinerary. Purchase while booking a flight, managing your itinerary in My Trips, or during check-in, either online or at a Delta airport kiosk. You can also purchase any of our Trip Extras, including the One-Day Pass, using the Fly Delta app for iPhone, iPad or your Android device. Alternatively, you may stop by the Club and purchase a One-Day Pass while at the airport.
(https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purchasemembership_performRequest.action?odp=true)

Are you flying to JFK on Delta as well? Where are you flying from?

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
Yosef S - Thanks for your quick reply - I just didn't know if kids actually needed their own passes. Last time we used the Sky Club they did not. 
Also, it is not showing up as a trip extra (perhaps because we had to book a domestic flight into LGA and then a completely separate ticket JFK to TLV?) Since it appears that we will need the extra passes, is there any other way to purchase in advance? Our local airport does not have a Sky Club for us to go to to purchase in person.

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:53:43 PM »
We are flying to LGA from Memphis on Delta and then heading towards JFK to wait for nine hours until our Delta JFK -TLV flght. Should be fun  ;)

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
I just didn't know if kids actually needed their own passes. Last time we used the Sky Club they did not.

Were you entering with One Day Passes last time also? AFAIK One Day Passes never included guests, even children. In any case, certainly their policy now is that anyone over the age of 2 requires their own pass.

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:03:14 PM »
We are flying to LGA from Memphis on Delta and then heading towards JFK to wait for nine hours until our Delta JFK -TLV flght. Should be fun  ;)

In that case, if you purchase the passes connected to your MEM->LGA flight, they should work for the Sky Clubs in MEM, LGA and JFK! If you're gonna be spending $50 each, at least you'll be getting your money's worth!!

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 08:12:01 PM »
 :) So True!
I think they had the 30 day passes at that point -
We will have to see how early they will let us settle in.

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
You should be able to get into the lounge anytime the day of flight, so even nine hours before should be OK. The question is how far in advance they'll let you check-in your luggage at JFK in order for you to be able to go through security to get to the lounge. I vaguely remember once having an issue with trying to check bags more than four hours before departure, but don't remember for sure. Maybe call or tweet DL and ask.

In any case, worse comes to worse, you can always hang out in the LGA Sky Club after landing for a while, then head over to JFK once it's closer to the flight to TLV and then go to the Sky Club there. Personally, I would recommend stopping at one of the restaurants in Kew Gardens Hills on the way from LGA to JFK to eat something. They're not more than five minutes out of the way.

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:34:04 PM »
Sounds like a pizza run is in order! (luggage and all)
Thanks!

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
Check out this thread for more info or for questions about kosher food options in the KGH area. (If you are kashrus observant.)
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=44568

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 09:12:44 PM »
Fabulous!  Thank you!!
I know my kids will definitely not want to be fleishigs - although they might consider sushi at a fleishig place-
There used to be a moderately priced, simple dairy place on Main Street - Kosher Corner, that was pretty good. Of course, that was 18 years ago...
I am sure we will find something yummy :)  I truly appreciate the resource! We hadn't gotten to considering food yet.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 09:17:52 PM »
Btw,  I would not pay to get into that lounge,  nothing special ime

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:34 PM »
The SkyClub JFK is nothing crazy, but the Sky Deck is a nice feature, as is the ability to purchase hot kosher meals. And if you're spending nine hours in the airport, as they are, the $50 passes almost pay for themselves once you factor in the costs of the drinks, snacks, WiFi etc that they'd otherwise be purchasing in the terminal.

Offline sherri

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »
Just curious, what are your thoughts on picking up the extra passes we need on eBay?

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »
I have no personal experiences, but I have heard stories where they were fake. I would say be weary.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »
I have no personal experiences, but I have heard stories where they were fake. I would say be weary.

Wary?

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:13 PM »