Topic Wiki

• DansDeals.com is a business. This may shock you, but it is true.
  • Dan is apparently NOT a deity[Citation needed].
  • Dan is not the Messiah.
  • Dan IS a Tzadik[1][2].
  • There may be other credit cards you may apply for that have not been featured on Dans Deals.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • It is not proper to show appreciation to Dan, as he is running a business.
  • You may not find a use for every Ebay or Amazon deal posted on Dans Deals.
  • Chaim M and Dan are old friends who learned together in Yeshiva. They have never argued.
  • Dan is responsible for his fans' behavior.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • Meshugener is not crazy anymore. Boruch Ropheh Cholim.
  • the DansDeals.com domain name was previously owned by someone else. Why did they give it up? Did they meet an untimely end? We might never know what shady past lies behind Dans Deals, which is a business, btw.

Author Topic: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs  (Read 72267 times)

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Re: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2015, 04:01:09 PM »
DDF has everything, but how do we (new - moderate ones) know which cards are awesome. Ritz-carlton worth it? PRG 50k offer? etc.?
By reading the threads, I guess...
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
I'm going to go off track here for a min. Someone mentioned that there are great cards that Dan doesn't post on DDMS. I don't know if this is true or not, and even if it is I have no issue. His site he can post what he likes. But truly out of my own selfish desire can anyone put together a list of cards that are awesome that are not on DDMS. I will have true hakaores hatov to you - I promise. TIA.

fidelity amex is one

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »
Aha so you're actually claiming that I need to have hakaras hatov to Verizon.

I'm not a halachic expert, you tell me. It sounds like you're trying to regulate an emotion (called appreciation), which I have a fundamental problem with (similar to the commandment of loving god, etc) but putting that aside... yes! Appreciate everything in life. Think about how much verizon does for you by letting you text/call your love ones in times of emergency, connect with the world, pretty much do everything these days. I do think it's a positive thing to strive for appreciation of even mundane things.

Offline sams

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:36 PM »
The calm after the storm ahhh! Another think we owe him hakoras hatov more ppl could sit in kollel bec of his help!

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
That's definitely way too philosophical. Certainly to claim to understand the intentions of Hashem and to claim hashem created Adam for his won good is beyond the scope of this forum.

G-d WANTS us to help others. And G-d wants us to use the material world and the physical items in the world to elevate those items VIA helping others!

That's what it's all about. By Dan assisting us, he's elevating the servers, keyboards, motherboards, electricity, charge cards, credit cards, hotel rooms, staff, cs people, and even the wifi "waves", etc...  with all this positive interaction.
When Ahavas Yisroel occurs and we help our friend as if they are our family or ourselves is exactly what the world was created for.
If we do it on DDF, then it's because Dan provided the forum to be able to do so.

And to do so in a way that allows us to keep extra enjoyable Shabbosim and Yomim Tovim (free flights, great locations, recommendations,  food deals, etc..) then that's a lot of ruchnius that is infusing our gashmius. Not everyone has the talent and ability to reach the masses in that manner, nor do they take the time and arrange for the annual hosting fees and servers to do so. Thanks, Dan.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline sams

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Club Carlson is another great card hardly mentioned

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
By reading the threads, I guess...

but just because its on threads doesn't mean its a great card right. Because all cards are on ddf like Dan said. We need a master thread which says "Raboisai these are the cards to get"! Because if not we will have a problem of post hoc ergo propter hoc

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
but just because its on threads doesn't mean its a great card right. Because all cards are on ddf like Dan said. We need a master thread which says "Raboisai these are the cards to get"! Because if not we will have a problem of post hoc ergo propter hoc
why don't you start one?

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »
why don't you start one?

Isn't this basically that? http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=23990.0

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
why don't you start one?

I would but as I mentioned upstream Ich hub nisht the expertise for such a worthy endeavor.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2015, 04:10:09 PM »
That's very subjective. Depends what you're looking for...

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
Isn't this basically that? http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=23990.0
That is a list of ALL credit cards. We're talking about a list of which ones are "good ones".

I guess it's kind of complicated, because a lot depends on what your needs are...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
That is a list of ALL credit cards. We're talking about a list of which ones are "good ones".

I guess it's kind of complicated, because a lot depends on what your needs are...
Who defines good?
Personally I don't stay in any CC hotels, so it's not very good for me.

Everything is personal.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »
That's very subjective. Depends what you're looking for...

Of course but there has to be a general consensus of what are good cards to get. Then the oilam hatoirah can choose which of these good cards fits their needs.

As an aside I doubt that everyones "needs" are so different - were all basically looking for airline miles, hotel points or Amex, Chase points which can be converted to either.

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »
When a doctor heals me I have hakaras hatov.
When a teacher teaches me I have hakaras hatov.
When a business goes out of its way to accommodate a request of mine I have hakaras hatov.
When a waiter gives me good service I have hakaras hatov.
When my accountant does a good job on my taxes I have hakaras hatov.

The fact that all of those people are getting paid has nothing to do with it.  I mean that's really twisted.

Wow, what a nice, optimistic, Midwesterner, 'Out-of-Town' mentality! And as a Detroiter currently living in Chicago, I mean that in the best way!!
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
Who defines good?
Personally I don't stay in any CC hotels, so it's not very good for me.

Everything is personal.

Course of course, but like we all agree that the Amazon card is crap. Spg is good.

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »
Of course but there has to be a general consensus of what are good cards to get. Then the oilam hatoirah can choose which of these good cards fits their needs.

As an aside I doubt that everyones "needs" are so different - were all basically looking for airline miles, hotel points or Amex, Chase points which can be converted to either.
The ones that everyone talks about...
OR, the ones that no one talks about!

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
G-d WANTS us to help others. And G-d wants us to use the material world and the physical items in the world to elevate those items VIA helping others!

That's what it's all about. By Dan assisting us, he's elevating the servers, keyboards, motherboards, electricity, charge cards, credit cards, hotel rooms, staff, cs people, and even the wifi "waves", etc...  with all this positive interaction.
When Ahavas Yisroel occurs and we help our friend as if they are our family or ourselves is exactly what the world was created for.
If we do it on DDF, then it's because Dan provided the forum to be able to do so.

And to do so in a way that allows us to keep extra enjoyable Shabbosim and Yomim Tovim (free flights, great locations, recommendations,  food deals, etc..) then that's a lot of ruchnius that is infusing our gashmius. Not everyone has the talent and ability to reach the masses in that manner, nor do they take the time and arrange for the annual hosting fees and servers to do so. Thanks, Dan.
Sounds like a yeshiva mashgiach or girls seminary teacher got your tongue. That's some pretty starnge stuff you wrote.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
Wow, what a nice, optimistic, Midwesterner, 'Out-of-Town' mentality! And as a Detroiter currently living in Chicago, I mean that in the best way!!
Just how I was raised I suppose.

When I walk into a business in CH and get scowled at for asking a question OTOH I don't have much H"H ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »
Just how I was raised I suppose.

No need to make excuses! So many of us have gained so much from these forums, this site... I personally have at least three trips to TLV, an upcoming trip to JNB/AUH, various statuses and countless points all of which are at least partially in thanks to you and the world that you opened me up to.

Of course I know that you make money on the side, but that is besides the point. That has not made any less of anything that I have. IMHO, those who don't see it that way is being even more selfish than they accuse you of being.
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...