Topic Wiki

• DansDeals.com is a business. This may shock you, but it is true.
  • Dan is apparently NOT a deity[Citation needed].
  • Dan is not the Messiah.
  • Dan IS a Tzadik[1][2].
  • There may be other credit cards you may apply for that have not been featured on Dans Deals.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • It is not proper to show appreciation to Dan, as he is running a business.
  • You may not find a use for every Ebay or Amazon deal posted on Dans Deals.
  • Chaim M and Dan are old friends who learned together in Yeshiva. They have never argued.
  • Dan is responsible for his fans' behavior.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • Meshugener is not crazy anymore. Boruch Ropheh Cholim.
  • the DansDeals.com domain name was previously owned by someone else. Why did they give it up? Did they meet an untimely end? We might never know what shady past lies behind Dans Deals, which is a business, btw.

Author Topic: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs  (Read 71444 times)

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
IMO it does seem that some people deify you
All you have to do is take a look at any cc or air related post on DDMS. There will always be at least one person who's comment mirrors the following general theme:
DAN, you're amazing! Now can you help me book a ticket from ABC to XYZ on BA points on the following dates? Please contact me at 718-IMAFOOL to discuss. Thanks a million! You're the best!!!

Now, is that the way someone talks to a businessman or a gemach owner? (Hint: I think the latter is the right answer)

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2015, 05:42:57 PM »
Again, do u go over to the manager of ur local supermarket when u go there to thank him for selling u food?

Not necessarily, depends on the experience. As I said:

In business, there are those who get by, and those who go above and beyond in order to make me, their customer, have the best experience that I can. Yes it's good business, and yes they benefit as well, but quite frankly, who in this world ever does anything without some sort of personal interest?

...he went above and beyond what he had to do, and therefore I appreciated it.
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
When I finish paying at a store I will tell the cashier "thank you". Do you?

I do most of the time, but that is a matter of courtesy not hakaret hatov

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
All you have to do is take a look at any cc or air related post on DDMS. There will always be at least one person who's comment mirrors the following general theme:
DAN, you're amazing! Now can you help me book a ticket from ABC to XYZ on BA points on the following dates? Please contact me at 718-IMAFOOL to discuss. Thanks a million! You're the best!!!

Now, is that the way someone talks to a businessman or a gemach owner? (Hint: I think the latter is the right answer)

Actually those people honestly think I run a travel agency.

When the MH370 story went viral several people said it was made up to bring business to my "Travel agency".

I get emails daily from many people who think I'm a TA.  Nothing to do with a gmach.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:28 PM »
Why don't you state your agenda and stop beating around the bush.
Perhaps ur around a different bush than me. i have no agenda other than what i said-the deification is ridiculous. Now if u wanna do it go ahead im just pointing out how silly and naive it is.

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
That is certainly contrarian. BTW flaming≠inflammatory

I might be a little inflammatory, but I do stand by what I say

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »
Actually those people think I run a travel agency.

When the MH370 story went viral several people said it was made up to bring business to my "Travel agency".

I get emails daily from people who think I'm a TA. Nothing to do with a gmach.
good answer but with frum people it's more of a gemach mentality. they think ur a TA gemach who does it for free

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
Perhaps ur around a different bush than me. i have no agenda other than what i said-the deification is ridiculous. Now if u wanna do it go ahead im just pointing out how silly and naive it is.
Maybe make a new thread reminding people that Benny Friedman is just human and actually makes money when he performs?
Please stop asking him for a selfie or signature and for gosh sakes stop asking him if he's Dan already.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »
good answer but with frum people it's more of a gemach mentality. they think ur a TA gemach who does it for free
Then they also think the TA around the corner is working for free.  You can't fix stupid.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:20 PM »
Depends on the business, but the altruism has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nobody besides perhaps blood relatives are altruistic.

Do I have hakaras hatov for a regular grocery? I say thanks, but there's no H"H.
But when that grocery gives me their cc machine to use on SBS I sure do have H"H.
When a business does something unique, personal, or does something beyond what's normally expected I have H"H as I explained in several scenarios earlier.

Why is that difficult to understand? Who taught you that H"H is based on altruism?

Either way advertiser supported online businesses aren't comparable at all as the customer isn't paying anyway.
Ok thats understandable. someone who u went beyond the call of duty for that person should owe u H"H. So what? Have u done that for most of ur readers? (not that ur expected to-again u have to run a business)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
OK you made your point on what you think is happening. Is there any need to post further?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2015, 05:47:54 PM »
You don't even know him. So why are you trying to explain what his thoughts are?

I believe most everyone on DDF knows its a business. The ones that don't also think he makes deals with el Al for $300 fares. And want him to make those deals more often.
well there a DDF chasid goes again with no concept of reality. In the real world im sorry to inform u that businesses are out for themselves. BTW, just so u know for next time, when Macy's sends u a sales catalog with AMAZING DEALS its not for ur good but for theirs. Just thought u should know that.

JJ himself said it's a business in the post you quoted. You're not making sense.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
Ok thats understandable. someone who u went beyond the call of duty for that person should owe u H"H. So what? Have u done that for most of ur readers? (not that ur expected to-again u have to run a business)
Either they feel that what I do is uniquely helpful to them and they are thankful or they don't.
What are you getting at other than going in circles?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
When I finish paying at a store I will tell the cashier "thank you". Do you?
ya thats called manners and an expression of appreciation. It is not a DEBT of H"H that u owe him. Or is it? If he'd ask u to lend him money would u? After all, u owe him H"H?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
my point is not directed at you per se.

My point is that the people that consume your blog should understand that it is a business just like any other, and should think about what you post in that light. just like if a mechanic said you expensive repairs to your car you would seek out other options.
My point exactly. What is so difficult about this? Why do DDF'rs see this as an attack?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »
JJ himself said it's a business in the post you quoted. You're not making sense.
Yes I am. in the same breath he said that it's a business but i dont know why he did it. Do i know why Macy's made a sale? Yes-because they want to make money. So who's not making sense? he contradicted himself from one line to another.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »
My point exactly. What is so difficult about this? Why do DDF'rs see this as an attack?
So DDF and MMS is the same business wise?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
WTF!! Just read through this thread, some of you guys are a bunch of immature inconsiderate hollow -head .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:36:16 PM by jj1000 »

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »

it not only DDFers

dissent isnt treason

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »
ya thats called manners and an expression of appreciation.
........and if the guy ahead of you on line gave him a nice warm yashar koiach, would you give a 4 hour shmuz to the entire store that the owner is out for himself? Your manners blow me away.