Topic Wiki

• DansDeals.com is a business. This may shock you, but it is true.
  • Dan is apparently NOT a deity[Citation needed].
  • Dan is not the Messiah.
  • Dan IS a Tzadik[1][2].
  • There may be other credit cards you may apply for that have not been featured on Dans Deals.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • It is not proper to show appreciation to Dan, as he is running a business.
  • You may not find a use for every Ebay or Amazon deal posted on Dans Deals.
  • Chaim M and Dan are old friends who learned together in Yeshiva. They have never argued.
  • Dan is responsible for his fans' behavior.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • Meshugener is not crazy anymore. Boruch Ropheh Cholim.
  • the DansDeals.com domain name was previously owned by someone else. Why did they give it up? Did they meet an untimely end? We might never know what shady past lies behind Dans Deals, which is a business, btw.

Author Topic: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs  (Read 72317 times)

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs
« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »
Yes I am. in the same breath he said that it's a business but i dont know why he did it. Do i know why Macy's made a sale? Yes-because they want to make money. So who's not making sense? he contradicted himself from one line to another.

You had said:

U know when Dan posts a crazy cheap price mistake like for a flight I suppose its possible that in the back of his mind he's thinking how he might help others but his main concern is generating traffic for the site which raises the bottom line. Now, before some DDF chasidim go crazy, THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Its called doing business. But at least recognize it for what it is. His primary concern is for himself and his family, not to provide you and you're family with deals. As such, hes human (gasp!!!) like every other businessman.

That's purporting to know a lot more about his thought process beyond the obvious point which everyone in this thread acknowledges which is that money is a driving factor.

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »
Either they feel that what I do is uniquely helpful to them and they are thankful or they don't.
What are you getting at other than going in circles?
If i'm going in cirlces so are you and all the "defenders" bec were all having same convo. just pointing out.
And as i said im not saying anything to u. Ur the businessman doing what u got to do (including when it may not be beneficial in the long term like posting of deals likely to die as a result of attn but lets not get into that now).
im simply stating the obvious to some followers here who seem to not understand the obvious.

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
WTF!! Just read through this thread, some of you guys are a bunch of immature inconsiderate hollow -head bastards.

You don't mince words, do you? :-)
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
Ur the businessman doing what u got to do

Stop acting like you're the only one making this point!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 05, 2015, 05:57:51 PM »
im simply stating the obvious to some followers here who seem to not understand the obvious.
You seem to be stating a lot of things.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
........and if the guy ahead of you on line gave him a nice warm yashar koiach, would you give a 4 hour shmuz to the entire store that the owner is out for himself? Your manners blow me away.
No. But if he'd give him a big thank you and then ask him to help him bring his stuff to the car and start opening at a time more convenient for him and to make for him a special VIP lane i'd pull the guy aside and inform of his right to act normal and recognize reality that the manager is working for his own family not for you. That's what goes on here. People take Dan to be a gemach owner/superhero/TA. that's delusional. its that simple.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
If i'm going in cirlces so are you and all the "defenders" bec were all having same convo. just pointing out.
And as i said im not saying anything to u. Ur the businessman doing what u got to do (including when it may not be beneficial in the long term like posting of deals likely to die as a result of attn but lets not get into that now).
If everything you're saying is fact, and posting a mistake is always solely for more money, then why did I run this site for years without making a dime with no intention of it ever being a business?

Yes, it's a business today.
Yes, I had obligations to cc companies that I may not be 100% proud of, but did what I did to feed my family and made the best balance I could while keeping DDF as a place where people could discuss things further.

No, not everything I do or write about is thinking of greenbacks.  What a poor outlook that is.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »
WTF!! Just read through this thread, some of you guys are a bunch of immature inconsiderate hollow -head bastards.
How el;eloquently put. You have a bright future as an orator.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:56 PM »
Yes I am. in the same breath he said that it's a business but i dont know why he did it. Do i know why Macy's made a sale? Yes-because they want to make money. So who's not making sense? he contradicted himself from one line to another.
all your comments are going back to the same mistake and that is you think dan trying to fool people that it's not a business, the only ones who think so are a few of the DDMS followers. Most of them don't think so and i can tell you first hand i have had countless people ask me so how does dan make money off of it and they didn't ask because they thought he is doing it for free...

ETA it's not a mistake just someone with an anti dan agenda and that is quite obvious no matter how much you deny it
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
You don't mince words, do you? :-)
Nope, not known to

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »
If everything you're saying is fact, and posting a mistake is always solely for more money, then why did I run this site for years without making a dime with no intention of it ever being a business?
Because Aj3042 knew you had a secret agenda all the time. Haven't you figured it out yet that he/she knows your every thought.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Yosef_S

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »
Because Aj3042 knew you had a secret agenda all the time. Haven't you figured it out yet that he/she it knows your every thought.

FTFY

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
Because Aj3042 knew you had a secret agenda all the time. Haven't you figured it out yet that he/she knows your every thought.
Darn it all! Forgot to put this on today!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
I can believe you started it as a hobby (and possibly as a gemach) and then it morphed into a business as you got the responsibility of raising and supporting a family. is this assumption incorrect in any way? Do you not make a living off it now? Or do you secretly work as a doctor or something in your time off from helping others through this charitable site? Aagin, not in an insulting way-just realistic. I think you might even agree with this assessment.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »
+1K
What is that? Code for DAN IS THE MAN or something?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »

Yes, it's a business today.
Yes, I had obligations to cc companies that I may not be 100% proud of, but did what I did to feed my family and made the best balance I could while keeping DDF as a place where people could discuss things further.

No, not everything I do or write about is thinking of greenbacks.  What a poor outlook that is.
Ok i dont have any issue with anything u said.

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »
People take Dan to be a gemach owner/superhero/TA. that's delusional. its that simple.

You're thick sir. Whiskey Tango Hotel is your problem for ppl feeling thankful to Dan for giving them access to the most amazing experiences(not talking about idi*ts)?

Aj3042: "Business, Business, Business, Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business,Business, Business, Business..................."

STOP! We heard you.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2015, 06:05:52 PM »
I can believe you started it as a hobby (and possibly as a gemach) and then it morphed into a business as you got the responsibility of raising and supporting a family. is this assumption incorrect in any way? Do you not make a living off it now? Or do you secretly work as a doctor or something in your time off from helping others through this charitable site? Aagin, not in an insulting way-just realistic. I think you might even agree with this assessment.
No ---- sherlock
Isn't that exactly what I said throughout this thread?
And here:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/55340

"In the meantime my little blog had taken off and was paying the bills.  Well, the miles I earn take care of the flights and hotels, but I never thought that blogging would be a career choice.  And yet for some reason it’s read by 300,000 unique users per month who view the site millions of times a month. And I have nobody to thank as much as my readers and the one above for having one of the more unique jobs in the world."

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »
Can you please stop with the "not in an insulting way" crap? Why don't you start every post with a "with all due respect" too.  ::)