Topic Wiki

• DansDeals.com is a business. This may shock you, but it is true.
  • Dan is apparently NOT a deity[Citation needed].
  • Dan is not the Messiah.
  • Dan IS a Tzadik[1][2].
  • There may be other credit cards you may apply for that have not been featured on Dans Deals.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • It is not proper to show appreciation to Dan, as he is running a business.
  • You may not find a use for every Ebay or Amazon deal posted on Dans Deals.
  • Chaim M and Dan are old friends who learned together in Yeshiva. They have never argued.
  • Dan is responsible for his fans' behavior.
  • Dans Deals is a business.
  • Meshugener is not crazy anymore. Boruch Ropheh Cholim.
  • the DansDeals.com domain name was previously owned by someone else. Why did they give it up? Did they meet an untimely end? We might never know what shady past lies behind Dans Deals, which is a business, btw.

Author Topic: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs  (Read 71446 times)

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Consumer Advocate Attacks Credit Card/Points Blogs
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:00 PM »

Aagin, not in an insulting way-just realistic.

Who you fooling?

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
No ---- sherlock
Isn't that exactly what I said throughout this thread?
And here:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/55340

"In the meantime my little blog had taken off and was paying the bills.  Well, the miles I earn take care of the flights and hotels, but I never thought that blogging would be a career choice.  And yet for some reason it’s read by 300,000 unique users per month who view the site millions of times a month. And I have nobody to thank as much as my readers and the one above for having one of the more unique jobs in the world."
He believes that your thanks to your readers is way overblown. They're all here for themselves!

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
If everything you're saying is fact, and posting a mistake is always solely for more money, then why did I run this site for years without making a dime with no intention of it ever being a business?

Yes, it's a business today.
Yes, I had obligations to cc companies that I may not be 100% proud of, but did what I did to feed my family and made the best balance I could while keeping DDF as a place where people could discuss things further.

No, not everything I do or write about is thinking of greenbacks.  What a poor outlook that is.

there is nothing wring with running a business
but if you look at what you posted in the hobby days and what has been posted recently you will see a difference

I know that one DDfer told me that he put up a comprehensive post in DDf and it was pulled down by Mods because. and the reason that was given was "because CC companies do check whats on the forums. and that they would have issues with that post"

Offline Aj3042

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:03 PM »
No ---- sherlock
And here:

"In the meantime my little blog had taken off and was paying the bills.  Well, the miles I earn take care of the flights and hotels, but I never thought that blogging would be a career choice.  And yet for some reason it’s read by 300,000 unique users per month who view the site millions of times a month. And I have nobody to thank as much as my readers and the one above for having one of the more unique jobs in the world."
as one poster pointed out, dissent is clearly not approved of here. The DDF mindless drone police force will attack if u say one word against his holiness.

Offline Yosef_S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum Medallion; UA Mileage Plus - Premier Platinum; AF/KLM FlyingBlue - Gold; Hyatt Gold Passport - Diamond; Hilton HHonors - Gold; Starwood Preferred Guest - Gold; National Emerald Executive Elite; Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2015, 06:11:31 PM »
"And I have nobody to thank as much as my readers and the one above for having one of the more unique jobs in the world."

Look at that, he practices what he preaches!

I certainly don't think that anyone would say that the people who come here are in it for anyone but themselves, (IDK anyone who buys things they don't need, or signs up for CCs they don't want, just so that Dan can make a living, and yet he thanks his readers, because without them, the DD community would have never grown into what it is today.

He posts, we gain. We post, he gains. And we're all appreciative of each other for collectively creating a place of mutual benefit. (Which is YES, also a business - had to say that, or else you would have.) Doubleyou Tee Fitzgerald bothers you so much about this?!
Former DDF Lurker Finally Getting the Hang of Posting...

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
No ---- sherlock
And here:

Paging all drones, question for you. Why were the Chase recon lines pulled from the main site some time back? Was that for the benefit of the public or some communication btwn bloggers and chase? Just saying

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
there is nothing wring with running a business
but if you look at what you posted in the hobby days and what has been posted recently you will see a difference

I know that one DDfer told me that he put up a comprehensive post in DDf and it was pulled down by Mods because. and the reason that was given was "because CC companies do check whats on the forums. and that they would have issues with that post"
The post on churning? Are you kidding?
It was pulled because it's a dumb idea.

I can go make a post on churning now and kill the whole thing within 2 months but what is the point?

Whatever happened to dan lkaf zchus? Or even simple asking before ASSuming?  I have a public email ya know.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:16:51 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »
as one poster pointed out, dissent is clearly not approved of here. The DDF mindless drone police force will attack if u say one word against his holiness.
If dissent wasn't approved I'd have banned several posters from this thread already.  I know many other forums that would have done just that by now.

Stupidity OTOH, that I can't fix.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »
Paging all drones, question for you. Why were the Chase recon lines pulled from the main site some time back? Was that for the benefit of the public or some communication btwn bloggers and chase? Just saying

Are you blind? Serious question with "no offense intended" as I just responded to you with this 18 minutes ago:

Yes, I had obligations to cc companies that I may not be 100% proud of, but did what I did to feed my family and made the best balance I could while keeping DDF as a place where people could discuss things further.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
Are you blind? Serious question as I just responded to you with this 20 minutes ago:
Ok so u admit it? Good to hear. don't make it sound like you were singing to this tune from the beginning. Here you have a clear example of something which is bad for your readers and frum people but you did it anyways. So you're just a regular person out for yourself who does favors for others on occasion. so do we agree on the final picture so we can lay the matter to rest?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2015, 06:18:26 PM »
Ok so u admit it? Good to hear. don't make it sound like you were singing to this tune from the beginning. Here you have a clear example of something which is bad for your readers and frum people but you did it anyways. So you're just a regular person out for yourself who does favors for others on occasion. so do we agree on the final picture so we can lay the matter to rest?
OMG.

I posted this link hours ago in this thread: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=25254.0

I AM NOT A TZADIK!

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »

I AM NOT A TZADIK!
Only a true Tzadik denies his own Tzidkus :P

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »
OMG.

I posted this link hours ago in this thread: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=25254.0

I AM NOT A TZADIK!
good ur being mikayem the mitzvah of destroying avodah zarah.

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:58 PM »
The post on churning? Are you kidding?
It was pulled because it's a dumb idea.

I can go make a post on churning now and kill the whole thing within 2 months but what is the point?

Whatever happened to dan lkaf zchus? Or even simple asking before ASSuming?  I have a public email ya know.

Im just repeating what he told me. I know thats not a good source and there is an element of "broken telephone" involved   

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
Only a true Tzadik denies his own Tzidkus :P
Ha i think it should go into the next Mishpacha interview Dan has, u know the way these articles make ppl sound

Offline incendia

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 05, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
Aj3042 is not trying to criticize Dan or what he does

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »
Im just repeating what he told me. I know thats not a good source and there is an element of "broken telephone" involved   
Well now you're definitely in violation of several halachas ;)

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »
coorect

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2015, 06:24:56 PM »
...and I am not trying to make money off MS.  ::)
I just found a new supply of forks!