Author Topic: Whats the best VALUE for your miles? (discussion)  (Read 998 times)

Offline Jb93davis

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Whats the best VALUE for your miles? (discussion)
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »
I wanted to see from DDF'ers where they think they get the most value out of their miles.
For example, going to europe off peak, taking a trip to alaska on singapore miles, or even using United plan-b to get a (mostly) first class ticket on the cheap. And all types of miles count: UR, MR, Starwood, UA, AA, sky pesos  ::),...

If you have any suggestions to add to the list, try and include where you went, which miles you used, which airline you flew, and how much it cost. Anything you think might help another DDF'er reconstruct your trip would be appreciated.

again, the point of this is to see where you get the most VALUE for your miles, not to show the cheapest vacation.

I'm not sure if this goes in general discussion or up in the air but I figured since this is only regarding awards, I'd put it here (moderators, please move if you feel it should...or if I missed the thread on this)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:31:57 PM by Jb93davis »

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the best VALUE for your miles? (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:27 PM »
IINM someone already tried making a thread like this and it wasn't successful

ETA: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=44186.10
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:34:20 PM by Dr Moose »
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »
I'm sure it will be mentioned, but the "best value" is completely relative. For one person it may just be getting a trip to MIA, while someone else may be looking for a RTW ticket in F with ten destinations.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:07:47 PM by Marco Polo »
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Jb93davis

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:54:04 PM »

I;m sure it will be mentioned, but the "best value" is completely relative. For one person it may just be getting a trip to MIA, while someone else may be looking for a RTW ticket in F with ten destinations.
Ya that's for sure.
I was talking more about deals that are a little less known. Like I was shocked that you could go to Alaska for 20k round trip. Things like that. Maybe the Veterans know but I think it would be a good idea to pool some of the hidden gems.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
You're simply not going to be able to best the value one can get from an international F redemption which can easily cost $25K per passenger round trip.

Not hard to get 20+ cents per mile that way.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper