Author Topic: Rabbis Who Bash Dansdeals Master Thread.  (Read 26880 times)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rabbis Who Bash Dansdeals Master Thread.
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
@ajk you are giving reasons why you want to use dkk. Yes, you have a right to use dkk, if you have a danish based creditcard. That's what it's meant for

Your excuse, that ua let it go through anyway is stupid, it's like saying you are allowed to steal from a shop, since no one stopped you at the door walking out!
Forget about the why and ifs, did you fill out billing country as denmark? Was that the truth?
So you got a advantage, by lying

Is it according to law fraud?stealing? I don't know

But I can tell you, that its for sure not yashrus or midwar sheker dirchak.

We all lied and cheated the system here! You might not feel bad, because united deserves it, but don't fool yourself that its all kosher

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2015, 08:37:29 AM »
Think about it. If your local supermarket (and I don't mean like in NYC, but in a smaller town place where you know the people running the place) priced things incorrectly would you rush to buy up the whole store? Probably not. In iffy situations emotions and outside circumstances do have a role.
I think it's already been well established that this is a terrible argument and not comparable to airline price mistakes.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »
Anyone who benefits from a price mistake has a vested interest that disqualifies him from proposing rationalizations to justify the 'purchase' (read: theft).

And the more they benefit, the less trustworthy they are...
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline Malachi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2015, 10:19:22 AM »
Anyone who benefits from a price mistake has a vested interest that disqualifies him from proposing rationalizations to justify the 'purchase' (read: theft).

Not saying you are wrong, but you seem like such a hater.
Denny Crane

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
@ajk you are giving reasons why you want to use dkk. Yes, you have a right to use dkk, if you have a danish based creditcard. That's what it's meant for

Your excuse, that ua let it go through anyway is stupid, it's like saying you are allowed to steal from a shop, since no one stopped you at the door walking out!
Forget about the why and ifs, did you fill out billing country as denmark? Was that the truth?
So you got a advantage, by lying

Is it according to law fraud?stealing? I don't know

But I can tell you, that its for sure not yashrus or midwar sheker dirchak.

We all lied and cheated the system here! You might not feel bad, because united deserves it, but don't fool yourself that its all kosher

So you can't ever pay with a foreign currency if the price is more favorable? I've done it quite a few times on Norwegian.com

What about the people where were booking SU in RUB when it was 15% cheaper than USD, were they lying/stealing as well?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »

Anyone who missed a price mistake has a vested interest in others not getting it that disqualifies him from proposing "issurim" on others and calling them thieves......
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »
Anyone who missed a price mistake has a vested interest in others not getting it that disqualifies him from proposing "issurim" on others and calling them thieves......
I was aware of this before it was posted but decided not to partake so I believe I am the most qualified on this.

If you did this thinking you were getting over on UA by using a trick or a lie then shame on you.
If you did this thinking you were doing nothing wrong then more power to you.
Pretty simple.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2015, 10:39:42 AM »

For the third time, unless you can show me where paying in Kroner for a flight on United.com is prohibited by law, regulation, or the UA CoC, the fact that you had to select Denmark as opposed to clicking a checkbox stating your desire to pay in Kroner is of no moment.

Please select your location or where you receive credit card billing statements to see pricing in your local currency.

And what if I wanted to see flights in a currency other than my own, but I wasn't in Denmark, and/or didn't receive my billing statements there?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »

^ Kettle calling the pot black.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

I did not miss it. I chose not take them.

Offline yehuda S

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »
^ Kettle calling the pot black.

What?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »
I have, on multiple occasions, purchased full price tickets on a foreign websites in foreign currency because it was cheaper.

For some reason (It was pre-ddf days, so I didn't really check into it to see why) some flights priced cheaper on Expedia New Zealand, of all places. I did not use a NZ credit card or address. Was that theft?

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
I was aware of this before it was posted but decided not to partake so I believe I am the most qualified on this.

If you did this thinking you were getting over on UA by using a trick or a lie then shame on you.
Some people are just so dishonest with themselves. At least I admit it's not 100% honest although I would've done it. But people here are just so adamant that it's all perfectly fine. Be honest with yourself guys. It's fine if you want to take advantage of it but stop convincing yourself it makes you a perfect tzadik.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Some people are just so dishonest with themselves. At least I admit it's not 100% honest although I would've done it. But people here are just so adamant that it's all perfectly fine. Be honest with yourself guys. It's fine if you want to take advantage of it but stop convincing yourself it makes you a perfect tzadik.
Then you also need to be honest with yourself. Just because you see something as not being 100% kosher does not make it so.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:25 PM »
What?

Either you got in on the deal and are a hypocrite because of that, or you didn't get in on the deal, and you're a hypocrite because not getting in on the deal is as much a bias as getting in on it, regardless if that was intentional or not.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
Either you got in on the deal and are a hypocrite because of that, or you didn't get in on the deal, and you're a hypocrite because not getting in on the deal is as much a bias as getting in on it, regardless if that was intentional or not.
How about me? I didn't get in on the deal but I believe there is nothing wrong with those who did...

As the only unbiased person here I nominate myself to moderate this discussion :P

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2015, 12:19:58 PM »
How about me? I didn't get in on the deal but I believe there is nothing wrong with those who did...

As the only unbiased person here I nominate myself to moderate this discussion :P
Get in line buddy.  >:(

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:54 PM »
I AM NOT A TZADIK!
Though that has nothing to do with this deal ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
Though that has nothing to do with this deal ;)
Good so we've finally found some common ground :).