Author Topic: Help with United Ticket Booked with Capitol One  (Read 810 times)

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Help with United Ticket Booked with Capitol One
« on: February 16, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »
I am trying to help my sister who booked a ticket with Cap1 points and cash for last summer. They cancelled due to the war and did not rebook before August.

A-United refuses to waive the change fees. Does anyone have a contact who can help?

B-They cannot fly within the year of booking. Is there ever any way to extend the ticket due to the war..

C-Cap1 is actually very sympathetic but says that it's united's call. Anyone have a Cap1 contact who can do something drastic? Like maybe reinstate their points so they can rebook?

This is their first trip to E"Y in more than twenty- five years and they are parents to a large mishpacha, I would hate for them to lose $2500.00 without a fight!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Help with United Ticket Booked with Capitol One
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »
AFAIK its considered a regular paid ticket. Unless they confirmed at the time of cancelling that there would be no (change/cancellation) fee, then there will likely be.

A) & B) Tweet United and also use Uniteds call back line and HUCA (or in this case HUHTCYA-Hang Up, Have Them Call You Again). Try and get a sympathetic supervisor to help out with extensions/change fees due to US travel advisories at the time.

C) Crapital One paid for the ticket so I dont see them offering any reimbursement on their end.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »
Thanks. They were not told flat out either way. They were told they may not be waiving the fees beyond August. Will try tweeting.

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
Did not really feel so up to snuff with tweeting.. So I reached out to UA Insider on FT. So far they agreed to retain the value of the ticket to future travel!

Still hoping for some leeway on the change fees and/or refare.