Author Topic: Rabbi Daniel Moscowitz, 59, OBM  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Rabbi Daniel Moscowitz, 59, OBM
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:13 PM »
Important questions re: that doc  (the Rebbe's letter to Rabbi Moscowitz) ^  ^

WHO Underlined the words Yom Shlishi, Adar, and Pekudei !!??!?  ...very unusual.

(r'chodesh Adar Sheini, etc...)
The letter is what's known as a מכתב כללי-פרטי where the Rebbe would write a Nusach for a letter for a specific date and people who would send a letter around that time, the secretary would fill in their name and then the Rebbe would sign and send it. Sometimes the Rebbe would add in details specific for the recipient (as you can see in the beginning of the letter where the Rebbe added the word והקונטרסים וכו' and at the end before the signature where the Rebbe added a Brachah specific for Rabbi Moscowitz A"H).

Usually these letters would be about the date or time of year, drawing Hora'os and Brachos from that day and that time, in such letters it would be usual for the Rebbe to underline the elements of the date he wished to draw attention to.

The fact that Rabbi Moscowitz received a letter explaining the specialty of the day he would ultimately pass away on is chilling to say the least, one can only conclude with the words of the Rebbe after Mrs Lapine HY"D was killed, that the children shouldn't stay Yesomim for long והקיצו ורננו שוכני עפר.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 08:23:20 PM »
The levaya is indeed at 11 AM at bnei reuven

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
The letter is what's known as a מכתב כללי-פרטי where the Rebbe would write a Nusach for a letter for a specific date and people who would send a letter around that time,.....
Usually these letters would be about the date or time of year, drawing Hora'os and Brachos from that day and that time, in such letters it would be usual for the Rebbe to underline the elements of the date he wished to draw attention to.
The fact that Rabbi Moscowitz received a letter explaining the specialty of the day he would ultimately pass away on is chilling to say the least, one can only conclude with the words of the Rebbe after Mrs Lapine HY"D was killed, that the children shouldn't stay Yesomim for long והקיצו ורננו שוכני עפר.
+1
Yes, chilling. and yes, we daven, "that the children shouldn't stay Yesomim for long - והקיצו ורננו שוכני עפר."
As we were saying..
English link and explanation: http://collive.com/show_news.rtx?id=29338&alias=28-years-before-his-passing
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 01:05:51 PM »
I think I'm missing something about this letter. Seems like a standard letter the Rebbe sent out-probably sent tens (if not hundreds) of thousands in his life. Odds are it's going to come out at some point to have some meaning.

I mean, can you believe I have a letter and the things that are underlined are identical to the day the letter was sent? Unbelievable.

There are plenty of amazing things the Rebbe did. We don't have to play up something like this.
I think focusing on this takes away from the tragedy that occurred yesterday. Talk about the wonderful things this man did in his life. Not some coincidental letter.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »
Are shluchim being buried in their home cities versus being buried in  Montifiore in Queens?

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 01:19:48 PM »
I think I'm missing something about this letter. Seems like a standard letter the Rebbe sent out-probably sent tens (if not hundreds) of thousands in his life. Odds are it's going to come out at some point to have some meaning.

I mean, can you believe I have a letter and the things that are underlined are identical to the day the letter was sent? Unbelievable.

There are plenty of amazing things the Rebbe did. We don't have to play up something like this.
I think focusing on this takes away from the tragedy that occurred yesterday. Talk about the wonderful things this man did in his life. Not some coincidental letter.
Not identical to the day the letter was sent -- However, a typcial Chossid may get one or two a year like this.
So, if this one that he got had the words underlined: Adar Sheini, Parshas Pekudei, and Yom Shlishi,
    and that's on (Tuesday + Adar Sheini) or around (Pekudei) underlined the time of someone's sudden passing -

One night he's healthy, all is normal, dancing at a wedding, the next night he's not alive.

The video clips and amazing Shliach, father and grandfather he was is wonderful -- and yes, the Rebbe did many amazing things -- this is just one of millions. When one sees facts like this that are in black and white - completely objective - so clearly, it's even more incredible!
Are shluchim being buried in their home cities versus being buried in  Montifiore in Queens?
Yes, it's more common now.
There are people in Chicago selling plots in Montefiore, and there are Shluchim who had that option and who are specifically choosing to have their k'vurah in their 'hometown' as Rabbi A. Levitansky, the Shliach in S. Monica did -- to 'be there' with their community and 'go together' to EY when Moshiach comes.

California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
There are people in Chicago selling plots in Montefiore, and there are Shluchim who had that option and who are specifically choosing to have their k'vurah in their 'hometown' as Rabbi A. Levitansky, the Shliach in S. Monica did -- to 'be there' with their community and 'go together' to EY when Moshiach comes.

So this leaves more space in Queens, cant even begin to think Ill be stuck in Queens for ever and ever  till eternity :-\,  at least Ill have the JFK Approaching Jets to keep me company, hopefully Moshiach will come before then.

Offline rdg770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:45 PM »
On 01 Kislev 5750 in 770 Rabbi Daniel Moscowitz OB"M says how Cheder Lubavitch Hebrew Day School was bought with the Rebbe's miracles.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:00 PM »
First yahrzeit is this shabbos.