DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

What size monitor do you use?

<< < (3/6) > >>

noturbizniss:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on March 01, 2015, 03:18:35 PM ---How would you compare 2 24's to a single 27'? I'm guessing  2 24's is more efficient for having multiple windows? Whats your experience?
Also if getting a 27' I'm guessing a wider aspect ratio (ie. 16:9 or more). I have even seen on Amazon a 21:9 monitor.

--- End quote ---
Honestly, I can't really say as I never worked with more than one monitor or had need for more than one at home. The 24 i returned and 27 i kept both have 16:9 ratios. my old one was 16:10. anything less than 16:9 would seem to narrow. I can't even imagine 21:9.

Dan:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on March 01, 2015, 03:18:35 PM ---That serious stuff! Does having multiple monitors sap processing power?
--- End quote ---
Nope.  Pure bliss.
Though it has good specs.

jaywhy:
I have 2x 27" and a 24"
Good stuff.

Thingywingy:

--- Quote from: etech0 on March 01, 2015, 02:07:30 PM ---Also depends how close the monitor is to your eyes.

--- End quote ---
According to this Article you should be 1.6 times the angular length away.

"Using this data, the closest you can sit to your television while still maintaining the maximum perceived angular resolution is about 1.6 times the diagonal measurement of your television. For example, a 55" television will have an ideal viewing distance of 88" (55" x 1.6), or 7 feet and 4 inches."

Tzadik Nistar:
I'm looking for a 27" monitor that has height adjustments and a USB port on the monitor,
could anyone point me out to a good model in the $400 - $500 range?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version