DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

What size monitor do you use?

<< < (6/6)

Naftuli19:

--- Quote from: stooges44 on February 20, 2019, 04:57:59 PM ---Rather then start a new thread I bumped this one.

Gotta love the 4 year old poll! Who even has a 16" monitor  :o (Also, the numbers should have a double " not a single '. Single means feet...)

Can someone please explain screen size vs resolution? EG: You can have a 32" screen with a max resolution of 1920 X 1080 and a 50" screen with the same max resolution of 1920 X 1080 so what's the difference between them other then the 50" will be bigger?

--- End quote ---
The bigger the screen the less resolution it will have because the pixels are much more spread out the low 20" monitors are ideal for 1920X1080 the bigger u go the more pixels u will need for it to be sharp.

skyguy918:

--- Quote from: stooges44 on February 20, 2019, 04:57:59 PM ---Rather then start a new thread I bumped this one.

Gotta love the 4 year old poll! Who even has a 16" monitor  :o (Also, the numbers should have a double " not a single '. Single means feet...)

Can someone please explain screen size vs resolution? EG: You can have a 32" screen with a max resolution of 1920 X 1080 and a 50" screen with the same max resolution of 1920 X 1080 so what's the difference between them other then the 50" will be bigger?

My question is really this: I currently have a 39" screen with a resolution of 1920 X 1080 for powerpoints, I find that I want to put more info on the slide but when I do that everything has to be shrunk and then it's not legible. So, if I get a 50" screen with the same max resolution of 1920 X 1080 will it help or since I'm limited to 1920 X 1080 it will essentially be the same?

TIA!

--- End quote ---
Resolution describes how many pixels the screen is being broken down into. So 1920x1080 is 1920 pixels horizontally and 1080 vertically. 2 monitors with the same resolution but different sizes will result in the larger one showing the same thing larger (duh), but not as clear. That drop in clarity might not be all that noticeable though, especially for something like text on a slide. In your case, it sounds like the issue is that at the sizing that allows you to squeeze what you want into a slide, the text gets too small, and therefore unreadable. A larger screen may alleviate that problem, though going 39 to 50 may not be as big a help as you might imagine.

I will say though that upgrading your monitors for this reason seems kind of silly. You may just need to work on your design skills, in terms of crafting effective slides.

skyguy918:

--- Quote from: Naftuli19 on February 20, 2019, 06:01:12 PM ---The bigger the screen the less resolution it will have because the pixels are much more spread out the low 20" monitors are ideal for 1920X1080 the bigger u go the more pixels u will need for it to be sharp.

--- End quote ---
The resolution is the 1920x1080, so they're the same in that regard. What changes is the PPI, which can stand in as a measure of clarity to some extent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version