Author Topic: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15  (Read 29741 times)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:32 PM »
So I must be right.  :P
Until she's president. Then you gotta fall in line.
I seem to remember this president doing some serious bashing of a president in '08. CMIIW

Offline AJK

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
Where did you get this from?

My intention is to stick up for the US. The current president represents the US. Take a shot at either and you are not going to like what I have to say.

I didn't vote for him but he is my/our president.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »
Until she's president. Then you gotta fall in line
Where is this crap coming from?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »

So sticking up for your president/country when they are being trashed is following them blindly?

By the way he is your president also.

Online TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2015, 08:28:40 PM »
Where is this crap coming from?
Dunno, saw it somewhere on the web.
I didn't vote for him but he is my/our president.

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2015, 08:33:56 PM »
I am going to share my highly unpopular opinion here.

Iran is going to go ahead with their nuclear program no matter what. The Iranian government are a bunch of ruthless thugs, but the country as a whole is technologically advanced. Nuclear bombs are OLD technology, and you can't stop a fully functioning country from developing them.

Iran has taken precautions to assure that bombing their reactors from the air is virtually impossible. Injecting viruses into their software can slow it down, but can't bring it to a stop. Putting boots on the ground in Iran is not going to happen. There is no way congress will approve boots on the ground unless Iran launches an actual attack.

This leaves us with sanctions. Sanctions won't stop their nuclear development, and even if they agree to stop, there is absolutely no way to know if they have really stopped. (And chances are that they won't.)

However, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, because I believe that at worst the Israel-Iran relationship will be much like the U.S.-Russia relationship, cold peace based on mutually assured destruction.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
So sticking up for your president/country when they are being trashed is following them blindly?

By the way he is your president also.

Sticking up for POTUS just because he is POTUS and being trashed is definitely following blindly.

Context is everything in life. You neglected to mention if you'd stick up for BO in the below scenario:

If a raving lunatic with a penchant for extreme violence against little girls moved in next to you and your young daughter, and our illustrious Commander-in-Chief made a decision to abstain from removing his cage, his propofol, and his knives, you'd be a good patriot and simply say, "sir, yes, sir!" right?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
You neglected to mention if you'd stick up for BO in the below scenario:
I expect that question from some ignorant troll not you. If you don't know the answer to that question then you are a poor judgment of character.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2015, 08:39:48 PM »
I expect that question from some ignorant troll not you. If you don't know the answer to that question then you are a poor judgment of character.

Of course I know the answer to that question, which is why I asked it in the first place!

You not sticking up for BO in that scenario is similar to why you're feeling that people are bashing BO in this one.

Offline bigbadmoish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
I am going to share my highly unpopular opinion here.

Iran is going to go ahead with their nuclear program no matter what. The Iranian government are a bunch of ruthless thugs, but the country as a whole is technologically advanced. Nuclear bombs are OLD technology, and you can't stop a fully functioning country from developing them.

Iran has taken precautions to assure that bombing their reactors from the air is virtually impossible. Injecting viruses into their software can slow it down, but can't bring it to a stop. Putting boots on the ground in Iran is not going to happen. There is no way congress will approve boots on the ground unless Iran launches an actual attack.

This leaves us with sanctions. Sanctions won't stop their nuclear development, and even if they agree to stop, there is absolutely no way to know if they have really stopped. (And chances are that they won't.)

However, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, because I believe that at worst the Israel-Iran relationship will be much like the U.S.-Russia relationship, cold peace based on mutually assured destruction.
dont want to wake you up but mutually assured destruction only works if BOTH parties put their own survival as a priority. I do not believe that the amount of suicide bombers supports that theory... these people have 1 agenda: destroy Israel. them getting flattened 3 seconds later wont deter them IMO

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
dont want to wake you up but mutually assured destruction only works if BOTH parties put their own survival as a priority. I do not believe that the amount of suicide bombers supports that theory... these people have 1 agenda: destroy Israel. them getting flattened 3 seconds later wont deter them IMO

Exactly.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:44 PM »
You not sticking up for BO in that scenario is similar to why you're feeling that people are bashing BO in this one.
Lets cut the BS. The US gets trashed all the time on this forum for not doing more for Israel. If it makes you feel better to use your President as the fall guy then go ahead. I wonder how many Americans have died because of our support of Israel?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:41 PM »
Watch John Yarmuth (self-hating JINO), Louisville Dem congressman throw a temper tantrum over Netanyahu's speech.

http://t.co/y5HDrSYBLi

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:55 PM »
They care about there own survival. They hide like rats just to stay alive.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2015, 08:50:42 PM »
Lets cut the BS. The US gets trashed all the time on this forum for not doing more for Israel. If it makes you feel better to use your President as the fall guy then go ahead. I wonder how many Americans have died because of our support of Israel?

I'm not getting involved in "the US gets trashed all the time on this forum for not doing more for Israel." I haven't in the past participated, let alone supported, that claim, nor will I now. Perhaps that's a critique better levied at someone else.

But like it or not, BO is the face of America, and he's the one pushing the agenda. I don't think that's making POTUS the "fall guy." That's part of the job description.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
They care about there own survival. They hide like rats just to stay alive.

Meh.

I'm assuming we're talking about the jihadists.  If so, they only hide (at whatever time you're talking about) because it furthers their goal of orchestrating a larger attack in the future.

Can't kill others if you're dead yourself. Common jihadi sense.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »
Watch John Yarmuth (self-hating JINO), Louisville Dem congressman throw a temper tantrum over Netanyahu's speech.

http://t.co/y5HDrSYBLi
This is why the speech was a mistake.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »
Meh.

I'm assuming we're talking about the jihadists.  If so, they only hide (at whatever time you're talking about) because it furthers their goal of orchestrating a larger attack in the future.

Can't kill others if you're dead yourself. Common jihadi sense.
I am talking about the leaders. There number one concern is looking out for themselves. I don't see any of them being suicide bombers for the cause they believe in.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2015, 09:01:32 PM »
I am talking about the leaders. There number one concern is looking out for themselves. I don't see any of them being suicide bombers for the cause they believe in.

Easy enough to answer, at least for them.

There always needs to be a head to the dragon. Without a head, there is no coordinated body movements, just impotent flailings.

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
This is why the speech was a mistake.
Those who always hated israel/jews still do, and those who like still do. To the undecided,  i think he made a very powerful positive impression.