Author Topic: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15  (Read 29665 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Netanyahu's speech to Congress 3/3/15
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2015, 02:21:31 AM »
Beyond ignorant. Wouldn't have expected from you.
Care to explain? Some of the hatred the extremist/terrorist have against the US has nothing to do with are support for Israel? Maybe I am missing something but isn't that one of their propaganda tools?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2015, 03:23:51 AM »
A lot has been said about the fact that Netanyahu just did this to try to win re-election, and that he shouldn't have came 2 weeks before his election, HE SHOULDVE WAITED..... This stupidity has been repeated over and over by the Obama administration and others.

But what I cant understand, is the plain simple fact that the only way Netanyahu was going to be able to speak to the full Congress is if he is a sitting Prime Minister, not one that just was defeated by the Labor Party. Of course, it may have been a bit less political if he would've waited until after March 17 to schedule his speech, but who is to guarantee that he will be the one who will be given the task of forming the next government. Indeed many polls on a daily basis, sometimes has the Labor party leading him by a couple of seats. SO WHEN EXACTLY SHOULD HE HAVE GIVEN THIS SPEECH? Even if he wins re-election, there is no way he could've come to the US between March 18 and March 30th, (which is the current deadline for an interim Iran deal), since he would be extremely occupied in trying to see if he can get together 61 out of 120 Knesset seats in order to govern.

So if he felt that he needed to give this speech, to somehow influence the ongoing deal, IT HAD TO BE DONE NOW BEFORE THE ISRAELI ELECTIONS, regardless if he was going to win or lose the elections. Quite frankly its a mockery how Ynetnews and the Israeli left keep on criticizing him for doing the speech 2 weeks before the elections, when truthfully there was no other time for him to do so.

I don't understand why this point is not being hammered out more. Of course you are not going to hear Netanyahu admit openly that he was unsure if he will be re-elected, and therefore had to speak now, but why isn't this being stressed more as a rebuttal for those going nuts that Netanyahu dared come 2 weeks before an election in order to get a few more seats.
When else should he have come, if he held he had a moral responsibility to try to get the deal changed??

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2015, 06:09:12 AM »
When else should he have come, if he held he had a moral responsibility to try to get the deal changed??
Do you feel the speech will help to get the deal changed. The president claimed he did not even watch the speech (IMHO that was a big mistake). Are they even going to meet?

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2015, 07:18:57 AM »
Care to explain? Some of the hatred the extremist/terrorist have against the US has nothing to do with are support for Israel? Maybe I am missing something but isn't that one of their propaganda tools?
The Muslim extremists' hatred of the Big Satan (America) had nothing to do with his support of the Little Satan (Israel), to the contrary, they're always bashing Israel as being America's (and the West's) outpost in the Middle East. Make no mistake, the enemy here is Western civilization, Israel is just the first outpost.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
So the end game is the US and the starting point is Israel?

Offline bigbadmoish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2015, 07:51:08 AM »
So the end game is the US and the starting point is Israel?
I think it's 2 separate agendas. 1)they hate israel no matter what their culture is 2) they hate western culture of freedoms and the like.

I'm sure US' support EY doesnt earn them any brownie points either

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:16 AM »
I think it's 2 separate agendas. 1)they hate israel no matter what their culture is 2) they hate western culture of freedoms and the like.

+1

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
I have no idea. Lets start with 911. Do you think that part of the reason behind the attacks stem for our support for Israel over the years?
Wow i  was not expecting that from you. This is real disheartening. Ib dint even know where to start....
1)OBLs hatred for U.S. had nothing to do with israel. It mainly had to do with his hatred for the regime in Saudia Arabia which he perceived to be confronted by the USA. Hence 911 had absolutely nothing to do with israel.
2. As you said on a later post israel is used as propaganda and that's it its a great way to rile the masses which helps take the focus of their problems with their own leaders. Do you really think that if israel didn't exist ppl like OBL, the ayotallahs, nasrallah and all others who feed off hatred of the evil, rich west would just go back to their caves and let the world live in peace?
So since you made such a strong statement please back it up and tell me again how many Americans died bc of Israel?

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2015, 08:07:57 AM »

Islamic extremism started with fighting Israel.

Before the founding of Israel in 1948, and certainly before the massive immigration of Jews to Israel starting in the early 1900's, Islamic fundamentalism did not exist. It spread from fighting Israel to fighting the "West" which backs Israel.

The fact that the West provides their unwavering support for Israel is a miracle in and of itself, and is to be applauded.

Perhaps now it can be said that their hatred for the west is a separate agenda, but there is absolutely no denying that Islamic terrorism was born out of hatred for Israel.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
Wow i  was not expecting that from you. This is real disheartening. Ib dint even know where to start....
1)OBLs hatred for U.S. had nothing to do with israel. It mainly had to do with his hatred for the regime in Saudia Arabia which he perceived to be confronted by the USA. Hence 911 had absolutely nothing to do with israel.
2. As you said on a later post israel is used as propaganda and that's it its a great way to rile the masses which helps take the focus of their problems with their own leaders. Do you really think that if israel didn't exist ppl like OBL, the ayotallahs, nasrallah and all others who feed off hatred of the evil, rich west would just go back to their caves and let the world live in peace?
So since you made such a strong statement please back it up and tell me again how many Americans died bc of Israel?

The concept of Arab suicide bombings and deliberate attacks on innocent civilians is a fresh concept which started somewhere in the mid-century. Answer one simple question: how did this all begin?

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »

Before the founding of Israel in 1948, and certainly before the massive immigration of Jews to Israel starting in the early 1900's, Islamic fundamentalism did not exist. It spread from fighting Israel to fighting the "West" which backs Israel.

The fact that the West provides their unwavering support for Israel is a miracle in and of itself, and is to be applauded.

Perhaps now it can be said that their hatred for the west is a separate agenda, but there is absolutely no denying that Islamic terrorism was born out of hatred for Israel.
In the post WW2 world this clash was bound to happen, if not by Israel bringing western civilization into the middle east then by Arab migration to the west...

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:06 AM »
The concept of Arab suicide bombings and deliberate attacks on innocent civilians is a fresh concept which started somewhere in the mid-century. Answer one simple question: how did this all begin?
Even if we grant that's where islamic fundamentalism began i fail to see the connection to what I'm saying. bc Mohammed atta saw that his cousin in Palestine blew himself up and went to heaven so he decided to fly a plane into a building for a completely separate cause that means Americans died for Israel?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2015, 08:38:23 AM »
And for the record the technology for suicide bombing didn't exist until then

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2015, 09:32:02 AM »
This is the problem that I have. Calling Carter anti-Israel. Since you said most do you care to list the other presidents that were anti-Israel.
Part of the trouble with this kind of discussion is that the conversation has already taken a different turn. But I'll answer.

It's very apparent what I'm saying, and that I'm not calling other US presidents anti Israel, but rather saying that of all the US presidents, Carter was - and is - called anti Israel more than any other. And even he officially took a pro Israel stance and supported Israel with aid, arms and diplomacy.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:41 AM »

Please don't take my position as blaming Israel for anything. I was just pointing out many feel as I do the US gives more than just aid and lip service in support of Israel. And for the record IMHO the US should support Israel even more.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »
Please don't take my position as blaming Israel for anything. I was just pointing out many feel as I do the US gives more than just aid and lip service in support of Israel. And for the record IMHO the US should support Israel even more.
I completely agree the u.s. does a ton for israel and who knows where they would b with out it.... I just feel strongly that the perception that America's troubles in the middle east is because of Israel is naive and dangerous

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:33 AM »
Part of the trouble with this kind of discussion is that the conversation has already taken a different turn. But I'll answer.

It's very apparent what I'm saying, and that I'm not calling other US presidents anti Israel, but rather saying that of all the US presidents, Carter was - and is - called anti Israel more than any other. And even he officially took a pro Israel stance and supported Israel with aid, arms and diplomacy.
I guess we are having a Cool Hand Luke moment. "Anti" would be the wrong word to use. I take it you are saying Carter was not as supportive as other presidents. While I might not agree with this I understand where you are coming from.

Offline solls108

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
The speech was unbelievable, however, is anything going to change?

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2015, 11:52:36 AM »
The speech was unbelievable, however, is anything going to change?
It definitely caused more US citizens to be more informed, sohopefully the US can't just sign something in the middle of the night without having to answer to congress or the American people that they truly got a good deal.

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2015, 12:02:45 PM »
In the post WW2 world this clash was bound to happen, if not by Israel bringing western civilization into the middle east then by Arab migration to the west...

Come on, you really believe that?

Islam was pretty much just like Christianity before it became radicalized. Do you see Mexican immigrants blowing things up?

What you are forgetting is that Islam wasn't radical (or at least not any more radical than Christianity) before Israel came around. They were civilized and valued their lives as much as anyone else. This "clash" with the West is precisely because of its radicalization.

The radicalization gets worse and worse. Twenty years ago you didn't have Hamas, and five years ago you didn't have ISIS.